Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...

King Christian  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:59 pm
Alisa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:54 pm
Perhaps they've got it wrong? According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk
Yepp .... schedule modification. June 30 is obviosuly the last day for QM.
But what about for Fred and Mark, seeing their next commitment is only for July 26 ?
I reverse myself once more, compliments of anna's post, and another look at
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=58487&..._aktuelt_presse
June 19 : They fly into Greenland and board the Danneborg.
June 21 : They arrive in Nuuk - the capital city - pretty, I have been there.
July 05 : They fly out of Greenland by air and via Iceland (photo op?).

Originally posted by chanel@May 27th, 2004 - 3:36 pm
How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...
I know!!

Thor from rbhq translated bits of the book on the Crown Princess written by Ninka (excerpts of which appeared in Politiken)... and it seems like the CP too is very much looking forward to her future work!

She's clearly indicated that she wants to work with the mentally ill, and I certainly hope she succeeds in that endeavour!! :flower: I tend to think it's because she lost her mum and probably have experienced deep depression ... so it's probably something that's close to Mary's heart.

If Denmark doesn't already have one, then maybe Mary can set up something like Lifeline, which we have here in Sydney. It's a free service for people having trouble/ depressed/ suicidal etc. You can call up and talk to someone at the end of the line.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 26th, 2004 - 8:03 pm
According to

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/2000f/Year/2004/Month/6

the first post in June is on the 10th. And the wording is then:

"Koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal
Torsdag 10. juni 2004 kl. 19:30
D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsens 70 års fødselsdag."

Am I correct in inferring that the Crown Prince Couple will be 'opening' a concert at Tivolo for the Prince Consort's 70-th birthday ?
They will not exactly be opening the concert, but they will be attending it :)

I congratulate the Crown Princess on her determination to work with the mentally ill. This is an issue that is too often swept under the rug by people who do not understand it. Bravo Mary, I am rooting for you!!!

Originally posted by carlota@May 25th, 2004 - 8:41 am
what happens if the crown prince passes away before than the princess? will she continue being queen? who would be the king in that case?
If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.

Originally posted by timtonruben359@May 28th, 2004 - 12:39 pm

If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

Would Joachim and Alexandre actually be crown prince and princes? Eouldn't they just be follower to the throne like Margrethe?

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.
I think its great that you can keep the line of succession straight. I have touble keeping my own family line straight :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 13th, 2004 - 8:28 am
Yahoo! News

Frederik, Mary escape near crash

Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson narrowly escaped a car crash with a drunk driver just two days before their wedding, it's been reported.

The couple were on their way to a private party at a Copenhagen nightclub when a sports car came to a screeching halt at a crossing to avoid slamming into the royals' car, Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet reported.

Pictures published in the newspaper showed a wide-eyed Mary looking out of the window of the car in a state of shock.

Police at the scene arrested the driver, a young man who was reported to be drunk.

The couple, who will marry on Friday, continued on their way to their soiree at the Vega nightclub.

The party was attended by many younger members of Europe's royal households, including Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit.
Any pictures of this???

Originally posted by Angel S.@ May 28th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
Yahoo! News

Frederik, Mary escape near crash

Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson narrowly escaped a car crash with a drunk driver just two days before their wedding, it's been reported.

The couple were on their way to a private party at a Copenhagen nightclub when a sports car came to a screeching halt at a crossing to avoid slamming into the royals' car, Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet reported.

Pictures published in the newspaper showed a wide-eyed Mary looking out of the window of the car in a state of shock.

Police at the scene arrested the driver, a young man who was reported to be drunk.

The couple, who will marry on Friday, continued on their way to their soiree at the Vega nightclub.

The party was attended by many younger members of Europe's royal households, including Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit.
Any pictures of this???
This was kind of a fake story, made by the danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet. The couple wasn't even near the drunk driver.

Would Joachim and Alexandre actually be crown prince and princes? Eouldn't they just be follower to the throne like Margrethe?
Yes if CP Fredrik died BEFORE he became King, Joachim and Alexsandra would become Crown Prince and Princess since Queen MII would still be on the throne. The title of Crown Prince/Princess is always given to the next in line.

If Queen MII were to, God forbid, die tommorow Frederik and Mary would become King and Queen and Prince Joachim and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Prince and Princess because they are next. But when Frederik has children Joachim and Alexandra will lose that title since the first born child will inherit once they are born.

Well I will be one of the first to say I was wrong about Mary. She has a good head on her shoulders and I think she'll be a wonderful addition to the royal family.

I think Mary is a very realistic, sensible person with her feet planted firmly on the ground.I think both she and Frederik were looking for a very normal, solid love...and that appears evident when you hear her speak of the time they spent getting to know each other. It also seems they really found that love they both wanted.

Even without a Prince involved, finding true love is a bit of a modern fairy tale! :heart:

Anyone read the Mary book? Is it worth buying?

Originally posted by Yennie@May 30th, 2004 - 8:05 pm
Anyone read the Mary book? Is it worth buying?
If you mean the interview book...a member called Thor has translated a lot of parts of it at the Royal blue board...IMO it´s really worth to read it(at least when you/one understand danish). Mary has an interesting view on life.

I would be pretty certain there would be an English version of it available too...especially as she is from Australia...a lot of her fellow country men here would also want to read it. I will find out and post it here if there are copies published.

Thank you so much for posting the interviews. The interview gives us a deeper insight to Mary and who she is. After reading the interview, you realise that it the entire relationship until she moved to Denmark was pretty hard. I take my hat off to her and I think she and the cp are truely in love and she'll be a great princess and addition to the royal family.

are they back from their honeymoon yet ?

any pictures ?

when's their next official engagement ?

They'll be back this coming week. According to the royal calender they will appear at Prince Henrik's birthday celebration.

Is their a english version can any one help with that.
billie-jo

billie-jo  Posted: Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:54 pm

Is their a english version can any one help with that.

In checking the royal itinerary, this is what I found. The english part of the crown prince's webpage makes reference to
HRH The Crown Prince's diary will be updated weekly on the Danish site showing the events on his official programme.

No luck there.

The palace page in english for schedule only makes a reference to the wedding. So, old news.
The danish side is this link here.

Out of luck a second time.

I considered the Danish Embassy in 'Worshington' ;) and the American Embassy in Copenhagen, but couldn't see any obvious link. You might have better luck !?!

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 7:50 am

HRH The Crown Prince's diary will be updated weekly on the Danish site
showing the events on his official programme.
No luck there.

Hmmm, you did notice that Crownprince Frederik's attendance
at the state council wednesday 9.june at 10:30
has been added this saturday, right ?

Like Alisa posted they are putting more engagements of both
Their Royal Highnesses onto the calendar all the time. :)

Even before the wedding, the Danish Royal family have always had some form of presence in Australia over many years - pre-Olympics too.

To me it just seems quite logical to give them honourary (or make them full-blown Australian royalty!) titles such as:

HRH Frederik Crown Prince of Denmark, Duke of Tasmania,
HRH Mary Crown Princess of Denmark, Duchess of Tasmania.

it's pretty obvious that they're going to be in Australia a lot, and given the 1.25 million people who sat up from 11pm to 2am Australian Eastern Standard Time (which is record-breaking in itself for that time of night!!) to watch them take their vows, it's fair to say they have a massive support base in Australia.

Perhaps they can only assume the Duke / Duchess (or any other combination?) titles when in Australia?

The Danish Royal family seem to be extremely modern & progressive (something sadly Australia's own royal family quite literally is not), how do you think that would be received at all levels of Danish society (from the Monarch herself through the government and to the people themselves)?

We as Australians take possession of many things, in the way we speak and the way we regard people, and I doubt Mary would be any different. She's still ours [sentimentally!], and Fred's now ours too!

thoughts?

cheers

anna  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:35 am

Hmmm, you did notice that Crownprince Frederik's attendance
at the state council wednesday 9.june at 10:30
has been added this saturday, right ?
I suppose one could presume that the new royal couple has returned from their trip.

To me, this makes sense ..... a week or thereabout to ease themselves back into the daily routine. Review correspondence, consent to some requests.

Incredbile security ... to slip in (and earlier out of) Denmark without much public fanfare. And good connections too.

;) funny.

Australia doesn't hand out titles so I don't think Fred and Mary will have honourary ones.

I don't see the point of the Windsors though. They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Australia, I don't even know if they care. And I am not really looking forward to Charles and Camilla as the next head of state. I'll just pretend the Danish royal family is my royal family ;)

If there were titles in Australia, they have to go through the Queen Lilibet

true, there's nothing wrong with Betty and Mags knocking their heads together and coming up with a deal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom