The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Commoner

Well..all is fair in love and war..right?

:-)

Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by liv@May 17th, 2004 - 12:07 pm
If you mean Mary,she is not in line to the throne.Mary will only become Queen if Fred becomes King.I think the line is:Fred,Joachim,Nikolai,Felix..
what happens if the crown prince passes away before than the princess? will she continue being queen? who would be the king in that case?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
what happens if the crown prince passes away before than the princess? will she continue being queen? who would be the king in that case?
If CP Frederik dies befor CP Mary and they don´t have no children then will prince Joachim be the next king of Denmark.
I think that CP Mary will get the titel as a princesse of Denmark becaus prince Joachim and princesse Alexandra will becom king and queen of Denmark,but i am not shure.
Maby you send the question to a member of this forum callede Teillman

Old 05-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
carlota  Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 8:41 am
I think the outcome depends on whether the Crown Princess was able to conceive and bring to full term a child (and presuming the kid is mentally with it).

According to

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/9000c/GSID/1829014

on May 26, 2004 - TODAY

there is a reference to
"Fødselsdag
Onsdag 26. maj 2004
H.K.H. Kronprinsens fødselsdag."

"Fødselsdag" means "birthday"?

How long is the honeymoon - 2, 3 or 4 weels ?

According to

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/2000f/Year/2004/Month/6

the first post in June is on the 10th. And the wording is then:

"Koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal
Torsdag 10. juni 2004 kl. 19:30
D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsens 70 års fødselsdag."

Am I correct in inferring that the Crown Prince Couple will be 'opening' a concert at Tivolo for the Prince Consort's 70-th birthday ?

Looks like Crown Princess Mary will have, according to

her first official engagement (er.... second, seeing the first was to become engaged to the Crown Prince) on June 13-th.

"Pony-DM i Silkeborg
Søndag 13. juni 2004 kl. 12:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mary til stede ved præmieoverrækkelserne i forbindelse med Danmarksmesterskaberne i ridebanespringning for ponyer. Stævnet afholdes af Sportsrideklubben Silkeborg i Silkeborg."

Something about horses. Giving out the winner's ribbon, is that what that is about ?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

That will be her first official engagement as HRH The Crown Princess, all by herself :flower:

The following week the couple along with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will embark on a 11 day official visit to Greenland.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
And being an enthusiastic horsewoman herself, what a perfect first engagement!

Too bad her name isn´t Philippa though. :P
Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

A bit of a misnomer:
"After the royal wedding in May, Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson are to depart for a two-week official visit to Greenland."

That is what is says in:

http://www.cphpost.dk/get/77695.html

Greenland: from June 19 to July 5

"Greenland, Denmark's icebound Arctic territory, celebrates 25 years of home rule this year, and to mark that occasion, newlywed Crown Prince Frederik and his wife-to-be, Crown Princess Mary, will join Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik on a two-week official visit to the vast island, the royal court has announced.

Running from June 19 to July 5, the tour will embrace 12 townships in Greenland, including the capital Nuuk and settlements along the eastern and western coasts with visits to the Sirius Sledge Patrol's bases at Daneborg and Scoresbysund on the programme. This will be familiar to Prince Frederik, as he took part in the tough Sirius 2000 Sledge Patrol in eastern Greenland several years ago."

and a week in front, to go with the boat to get there, and a week to get back ..... my, I hope none of the participants among the two couples gets "cabin fever".

it wouldn't surprise me if one or both couples flies in while the boat steams along to get there......but is a visit to the Faroe Islands planned in around the same time?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps they've got it wrong? According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk
Old 05-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Alisa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Perhaps they've got it wrong? According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk
Thanks for posting that, Alisa ... before I broke down and used Google, I searched myself silly and couldn't find it on "Kongehuset.dk".

Yepp .... schedule modification. June 30 is obviosuly the last day for QM.
But what about for Fred and Mark, seeing their next commitment is only for July 26 ?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

Your welcome. :flower:

As for Fred and Mary...engagements will perhaps be filled in as they come up :flower:
Old 05-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 27th, 2004 - 2:59 am
couldn't find it on "Kongehuset.dk"
It is to be found there in Pressemeddelelser :
Den Kongelige families besøg i Grønland

30.june is planned to be the royals' last night aboard the royal yacht,
but the Greenland tour is planned to last until 5.july :)
Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...
Old 05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
King Christian  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:59 pm
Quote:
Alisa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

kongehuset.dk
Yepp .... schedule modification. June 30 is obviosuly the last day for QM.
But what about for Fred and Mark, seeing their next commitment is only for July 26 ?
I reverse myself once more, compliments of anna's post, and another look at
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=58487&..._aktuelt_presse
June 19 : They fly into Greenland and board the Danneborg.
June 21 : They arrive in Nuuk - the capital city - pretty, I have been there.
July 05 : They fly out of Greenland by air and via Iceland (photo op?).
Old 05-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by chanel@May 27th, 2004 - 3:36 pm
How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...
I know!!

Thor from rbhq translated bits of the book on the Crown Princess written by Ninka (excerpts of which appeared in Politiken)... and it seems like the CP too is very much looking forward to her future work!

She's clearly indicated that she wants to work with the mentally ill, and I certainly hope she succeeds in that endeavour!! :flower: I tend to think it's because she lost her mum and probably have experienced deep depression ... so it's probably something that's close to Mary's heart.

If Denmark doesn't already have one, then maybe Mary can set up something like Lifeline, which we have here in Sydney. It's a free service for people having trouble/ depressed/ suicidal etc. You can call up and talk to someone at the end of the line.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 26th, 2004 - 8:03 pm
According to

the first post in June is on the 10th. And the wording is then:

"Koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal
Torsdag 10. juni 2004 kl. 19:30
D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsens 70 års fødselsdag."

Am I correct in inferring that the Crown Prince Couple will be 'opening' a concert at Tivolo for the Prince Consort's 70-th birthday ?
They will not exactly be opening the concert, but they will be attending it :)
Old 05-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

I congratulate the Crown Princess on her determination to work with the mentally ill. This is an issue that is too often swept under the rug by people who do not understand it. Bravo Mary, I am rooting for you!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

The Prenuptial Agreement (I'll leave it to someone else to translate)

document

newspaper article

I think it says that she's not entitled to half the castles, royal residences if they do get divorced
Old 05-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@May 25th, 2004 - 8:41 am
If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by timtonruben359@May 28th, 2004 - 12:39 pm

If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

Would Joachim and Alexandre actually be crown prince and princes? Eouldn't they just be follower to the throne like Margrethe?
Old 05-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.
I think its great that you can keep the line of succession straight. I have touble keeping my own family line straight