The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jul 16th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
are there any new official duties programmed? we didn't see mary in a lot of time since her visit to greenland... she only did 3 official appearences since she returned from the honeymoon...
She does not have an outfit ready yet...that's why she is not on official duty recently :P
Old 07-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
are there any new official duties programmed? we didn't see mary in a lot of time since her visit to greenland... she only did 3 official appearences since she returned from the honeymoon...
Which equals 14 days (1 solo, 10 Greenland, 1 to receive the deputation and 1 to celebrate Prince Henrik's).... which is a lot of days if you compare to other CPss.

Old 07-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

...in Denmark ... they do things differently

... they ... oh so quietly ... ease Mary into the scheme of things.

... wouldn't surprise me if Mary is wondering how to diplomatically inform Fred that she has to take over his closet too ... what with the wealth of her new clothes. :woot:
Old 07-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Frederik and Mary will visit Japan this year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorfan@Jul 19th, 2004 - 5:48 am
Frederik and Mary will visit Japan this year.
Do you know when exactly????

How are the other royals from other houses received in Japan? Is it a big deal in Japan when royals visit? or not really?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

It is sort of a big deal..not as big of a deal as if the QMII were coming. Hopefully more details will emerge. It would be wonderful if CP Masako will be well for the visit. It would be fantastic seeing two of my favorite Crown Princesses together :flower:
Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Other Royal Houses also visit Japan before.Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has visited Japan in 1998 :flower:
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Commoner

there are some new photos of mary and Fred on holidays...maybe somebody can make it bigger?

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r2show0...49ALUD3Ih6IWeHS
Old 07-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Commoner

The Age

Princess Mary may come home in February
Hobart
July 20, 2004

Danish Crown Princess Mary is tipped to visit her home state of Tasmania early next year, but officials say they know nothing about it.

The former Hobart schoolgirl, who wed Danish Crown Prince Frederik in Copenhagen in May, was expected to arrive in Australia with her husband in February, The Mercury newspaper in Hobart reported today.

The couple's itinerary was believed to include Sydney, Canberra and Hobart, the paper said.

But Tasmanian officials, including the state protocol office, said they had not been advised of any visit.

Judy Benson, Honorary vice-consul to the Royal Danish Consulate in Tasmania, said she had not heard a thing.

"It's summer and it's yachting season and they've got family here, so I wouldn't be surprised," she told AAP.

"We would always be advised, for security reasons, closer to the date.

"I haven't heard a thing."

- AAP

The Age

Danish royals downunder?
July 20, 2004

The Australian and Danish governments were today unable to confirm reports Danish Crown Princess Mary will visit Australia next year.

News Limited newspapers reported the former Hobart schoolgirl, who wed Danish Crown Prince Frederik in Copenhagen in May, was expected to arrive in Australia with her husband in February.

The couple's itinerary was believed to include Sydney, Canberra and Hobart, it was reported.

Denmark does not have an embassy in Australia but a spokesman for its mission in Singapore said he was not aware of any plan for the prince and princess to visit Australia.

He said Crown Prince Frederik's diary seemed to be full well into 2005.

"He's occupied way into the middle of next year," the spokesman told AAP.

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) was also not aware if the royal couple would visit but was seeking advice from its embassy in Copenhagen.

"We will be expecting quite a few visits from the Danish royal family in the years to come," a DFAT spokeswoman said.

The Danish Embassy spokesman said it was hoped Princess Mary and Prince Frederik would visit Australia in the near future.

"Of course Mary Donaldson is Australian so they will go there at a certain time but I don't know how and when," he said.

Judy Benson, honorary vice-consul to the Royal Danish Consulate in Tasmania, said she had not heard about any plans for a royal visit.

"It's summer (at the time of the reported trip) and it's yachting season and they've got family here, so I wouldn't be surprised," she told AAP.

"We would always be advised, for security reasons, closer to the date.

"I haven't heard a thing."

Princess Mary's father, John Donaldson, is currently working as a guest mathematics professor in Denmark.

- AAP
Old 07-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Humble

Princess Mary is pretty...but she does not have enough sparkle around her with or without jewellery....
Old 07-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

"We will be expecting quite a few visits from the Danish royal family in the years to come," a DFAT spokeswoman said. (DFAT - The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) - Presumptuous Statement !

"Of course Mary Donaldson is Australian" - I guess they did not hear the news, she is now a Danish Citizen :o
Old 07-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by kate14@Jul 21st, 2004 - 1:06 pm
"We will be expecting quite a few visits from the Danish royal family in the years to come," a DFAT spokeswoman said. (DFAT - The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) - Presumptuous Statement !

"Of course Mary Donaldson is Australian" - I guess they did not hear the news, she is now a Danish Citizen :o
Pfftt.. PM Howard is very pro-Windsor/ British RF, so I don't think the Danish RF even rate in his book! And now we have public servants trying to cash in on F & M.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Mary is an attractive young women. she looks even more prttier when she has jewles on her.But dont know why, sometimes she looks that she could look 10 times better.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I can think of many princesses who could look 10 times better than they do now!!

But if Mary were to look 10 times better, that would be very unfair to the other princesses
Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Commoner

intimate moments during their holiday :)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2...ving-dop13a.jpg
Old 07-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by kaasmejsje@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:24 am
intimate moments during their holiday :)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2...ving-dop13a.jpg
To get us back on track ,

They looked adorable in the picture :flower:
Old 07-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
sarkastik_devil  Posted: Jul 23rd, 2004 - 1:13 am
Quote:
(kaasmejsje @ Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:24 am)

a private moment

They looked adorable in the picture
was that taken in Iceland .... er, Greenland ?
Old 07-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Commoner

this was taken 17 july 2004 in Skagen, Denmark where the couple had holidays with their friends in accordance with Rexfeatures

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r2show0...49ALUD3Ih6IWeHS
Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Nobility

The pictures of Mary and Frederik at a summer cottage in Skagen is this week printed by the tabloid-weekly 'Se og hør'.

On their webpage the present the story this way:

Quote:
Ophøjet kan man ikke kalde det, men sjovt så det ud, da kronprins Frederik gjorde sit for at underholde vennerne i Gl. Skagen.

Hvem han parodierede på terrassen i godsejerfamilien Skeels sommerhus, skal vi lade være usagt, men tilhørerne morede sig kongeligt. I det hele taget var der dømt fest og farver under kronprinsesse Marys og kronprins Frederiks knap ugelange ophold på toppen af Danmark. Vennerne var så mange i sommerlandet, at parret ikke behøvede at kaste sig ud i byens etablerede natteliv, men derimod kunne vælge og vrage
mellem privatfesterne. Det må have skuffet de mange bar- og restaurationsejere fælt, da Frederik og Mary sidste sommer flere gange blev set slukke tørsten på kendte in-steder som Hyttefadet, Pakhuset og Jacobs Café.
My translation:
You can’t say, it is elevated, but it looked funny, when Crownprince Frederik did his part to entertain the friends in Gl. Skagen.

Who he parodied at the terrace of the landowner-family Skeel’s summer cottage, we can’t say (will remain unsaid), but the audience was amused “royal” (Chatleen: in danish slang for enjoying oneself immensely). All in all there were a festive atmosphere during Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik’s nearly one week long stay at the top of Denmark. They had so many friends in the area, that the couple didn’t need to participate in the established night life, on the contrary they could choose among the private parties. It must have been a disappointment for the many owners of bars and restaurants, because last summer Frederik and Mary very seen several times quenching their thirst at in-hang-outs like Hyttefadet, Pakhuset and Jacobs Café.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Nobility

BT today comments on the pictures:

Quote:
Distancen til kongehuset er forkortet. Se og Hør har flyttet grænserne, og nu er der ikke længere end en paparazzi-linse til de mest private stunder.
I hvert fald ikke, hvis man bladrer denne uges Se og Hør igennem. Her vises billeder fra kronprinsparrets ferie i Skagen. Billeder, hvor Kronprinsen bl.a. står...

...og tisser. Billeder, som ikke engang en af de værste sladderaviser i Europa ville bringe.
»Den slags billeder, du nævner, ville jeg da gerne se, men vi ville aldrig bringe dem,« lyder det fra engelske The Mirrors billedredaktør Glenn Bennett.

De omdiskuterede billeder i Se og Hør viser Kronprinsen i nogle meget private stunder. Kronprins Frederik, der står og tisser op ad en hæk. Kronprinsen med en bajer i hånden, Kronprinsen som imiterer noget, der ligner en abe foran sine venner. Sjove? Måske. Charmerende? Ikke specielt. Sjældne? Ja, meget.

Det er tydeligt, parret ikke vidste, de blev fotograferet. Det har de prøvet før. Men de situationer, vi ser Kronprinsen i, er aldrig set på billeder, og de får en til at stille spørgsmålet: Hvor går grænsen?

Glad chefredaktør

»Selvfølgelig har vi en grænse. Men jeg vurderer fra gang til gang, hvor den grænse går. Det, vi har i bladet i denne uge, står vi selvfølgelig inde for. Men det er også vigtigt i den sammenhæng at sige, at vi på ingen måde er forargede over, at Kronprinsen nyder ferielivet i Skagen. Tværtimod så synes vi, det er vidunderligt, at han har den side og tør vise den,« siger Henrik Qvortrup, chefredaktør på Se og Hør, der glæder sig meget over billederne.

»Jeg har ikke problemer med det, og hvis Kronprinsen har problemer med det - hvad jeg ikke tror, han har - så er det måske lidt uklogt af ham at feste igennem på den måde i et sommerhus, som ligger i det åbne landskab,« mener Henrik Qvortrup.

Hos Billed Bladet er sagen klar. Den slags billeder ville man aldrig bringe.

Klar melding

»Jeg kan slet ikke lide dem. Det er en stil, som ligger fjernt fra Billed Bladets. Jeg tror ikke, der er læsere til det. Og jeg tror ikke, Se og Hør sælger mange blade på de billeder. Så vi er ikke misundelige. Vi ville da meget gerne have fotograferet Kronprinsen i Skagen, men ikke på den måde,« lyder den klare melding fra chefredaktør Anders Thisted.

Han mener dog ikke, at Se og Hørs kontroversielle billedvalg flytter grænser i forhold til den uskrevne lov om brug af paparazzibilleder af den danske kongefamilie.

»Så var det gået amok for længe siden. Men Danmark er for lille til den slags, og folk holder for meget af kongehuset. De kan godt lide, at der er en distance,« mener Anders Thisted.

Selv i England, som normalt er et af de lande, hvor paparazzi-fotograferne virkelig kan score kassen, er der trukket en grænse.

Grænser i England

Selvom det store avis- og magasinmarked hver uge bringer bunker af paparazzi-billeder, og det engelske folks lyst til et kig ind i de kendtes privatliv tilsynladende er umættelig, går grænsen ved Englands to unge prinser. Efter prinsesse Dianas død i 1997, hvor hun blev forfulgt af paparazzi-fotografer, har både folkets og branchens holdning til nærgående billeder af familien nemlig ændret sig.

»På The Mirror har vi den politik, at vi lader William og Harry være i fred efter det, der skete med deres mor. Og især billeder taget på en privat ferie ville vi slet ikke bringe,« forklarer Mirrors billedredaktør Greg Bennett.
My translation:
Crown Prince Frederik on display in weekly magazine

The distance at the royal family is shortened. Se og Hør has moved the limits, and knows the distance at private moments is not longer than a paparazzi-lens.

That is if you look through this week’s Se og Hør. It brings pictures from the holiday of the Crown Prince couple in Skagen. Pictures, with the Crown Prince among other things are peeing. Pictures, which not even one of the worse tabloids in Europe would print.
“The kind of pictures, you mention, I would sure like to see, but we would never bring them”, tells the picture-editor of the English The Mirror, Glenn Bennett.

The controversial pictures in Se og Hør displays the Crown Prince in some very private moments. Crown Prince Frederik peeing in front of a hedge. The Crown Prince with a beer in his hand, the Crown Prince imitating something, which looks like a monkey, in front of his friends. Funny? Maybe. Charming? Not really. Rare? Yes, very.

It is obvious, that the couple didn’t know, they were photographed. They have tried that before. But the situations, in which we see the Crown Prince, are never seen on pictures, and they make you answer the question: Where is the limit?

Happy editor-in-chief

“Of course we got a limit. But I assess in each situation, where this limit is. What we bring this week, we of course abide. But in this context it is also important to say, that we in no way are outraged by the Crown Prince enjoying the holiday-life in Skagen. On the contrary we think, that it is wonderful, that he got this aspect in his personality, and that he is not afraid to show it” says Henrik Qvortrup, editor-in-chief at Se og Hør, who is very pleased with the pictures.

“I don’t have any problems with it, and if the Crown Prince has any problems with it – which I don’t think, he has – than maybe it was a bit unwise of him to party this way in a summer cottage situated in the open landscape” Henrik Qvortrup states.

At Billed Bladet it is a clear case. They would never print that sort of pictures.

“I don’t like them. This is a style far from the one of Billed Bladet. I don’t think, there are any readers for this. And I don’t think, that Se og Hør will sell a lot of magazines due to these pictures. We aren’t envious. Sure, we would have liked to take pictures of the Crown Prince in Skagen, but not in this way” is the clear statement from editor-in-chief Anders Thisted.

He doesn’t think though, that the controversial choice of pictures by Se og Hør, will move any limits regarding the unwritten law of use of paparazzi-pictures showing the Danish royal family.

“Then it would have gone berserk a long time ago. But Denmark is to small for this kind of things, and people care too much for the royal family. They like, that there is a distance”, Anders Thisted thinks.

Even in England, which usually is one of the countries in which, the paparazzos really are able to get big bucks, the limit has been drawn.

Even if the big market of newspapers and magazines each week brings tons of paparazzi-pictures, and the lust of the English people to get a peep into the private lifes of the famous apparently is insatiable, the two young English princes are beyond the limit. Following the death of Princess Diana in 1997, with her being chased by paparazzos, both the people and the business has changed attitude towards intimate pictures of the royal family.

“At The Mirror it is our policy to leave William and Harry alone, due to what happened with their mother. And especially pictures taken at a private holiday, we would never print”, the picture-editor of The Mirror Greg Bennett explains.

Closed Thread