Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: Dec 2009-Sept 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you still have not provided any proof that Alexandra's appanage will end when her children are 18. If that was to be the case, it would have been part of the original law granting her the allowance. And again, the reason why she is looking for additional work is to replace part of the the government income she has lost through having to pay taxes and VAT on her appanage from the government which occurred at the time of her marriage to Martin. She loses about 60% of the DKK 2 Million that she receives from the government to Taxes, so of course she is actively looking for work to make up for that 60% loss.

We are going around in circles. Neither of us are going to change our point of view here.

So we'll have to agree to disagree!

The answe to youre questino regardsing Alexandras appangage is following :

Alexandras appange will end the day she dies...I think Tricoa thinks of the childesupport that prince Joachim is paying Alexandra..but according to Danish law the childesupport can also be paied until thi childe is 21 years old...it deppents what kinde of aggrement the parents is accepting when the divorce is final.

I am sorry, but you are just wrong. Her income is by no means secured for the rest of her life. There is already talk of cutting back that income and it was almost deffenitly dissapear when they boys turn 18.

You say there is talk, what talk, magazines? Newspapers? News? Rumours?

No they didnt. The major IOC stuff was over and since Denmark has almost no medal chances at the winter olympic (unlike Holland), there was no reason for him to stay. But this is not only a matter of time, but a matter of being out of the country. And Joachim is acting as rigsforstander more and more these days.

The IOC hold sessions once every year, as Frederik is a member and a new one at that he is obliged to attend. He is returning from the games because he is to act as regent.
When was the last time Joachim acted as regent, and why was it that Frederik was out of the country?

If Joachim acts as regent its most likely because Frederik and The Queen are on official business.

But let me ask you, why do you imagen, that she has so actively been looking for work, if her income was secured for life?

Maybe because she enjoys working and she doesn't want to be seen as someone who lives of the state. And wants to busy her self while her two children are at school and her husband is at work.

Unless you can provide some kind of proof that Alexandra's appanage with seize when the children turn 18 you have no right to say that another member is wrong in their opinion.

Alexandra will continue to recieve money until she dies.
Even Count Ingolf who does very little (i realise he's old) has always recieved an appange from parliament.

The only money that can be connected to the childrens age is Child Support.

^^Forgive me for answering all at once, a bit pressed for time. Firstly, no, I am not talking about child support, I am not that daft. I am talking about the money she recieves from the state. Acording to the constitution only the regent are garantied money from the state, everyone else is up to the parliament. That is all I am saying. So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong. That is not a personal opnion of mine, but the cold fact of the law. The same can be said for the rest of the royal family, though they are not very likely to loose their income, Alexandre is. Due to the fact that she no longer meets most of the reasons given, for granting her the money anyways. Which is why I personally doubt it will last for the rest of her life, and I have seen others make that point. Can it last until she dies, of course. I dont think it will, but I could be wrong. The only thing however, that is have from the start pointed out to be untrue, was that the money was guaranteed for life. Which it is not. It is guaranteed only aslong as a majority in the Parliament wants it to be. Thats the eternal devil of the appanage...

"So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong"

I don't follow you there.

At the time Alexandra was given a apanage by the state, it was clearly stated it was a life-time arrangement.

I don't understand why you would think that Alexandra is in more immediate danger of having her apanage removed than other still-royal members (apart from the queen you say). If we had a revolution tomorrow, sure, they would all lose their apanage, royal or noble, but fat chance of that in the immediate future.

I have not heard official sources voicing requests for a re-negotiation of Alexandra's apanage. So for now she is as secure with her apanage as other royal recipients of apanage.

"So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong"

I don't follow you there.

At the time Alexandra was given a apanage by the state, it was clearly stated it was a life-time arrangement.

What different politicians have claimed or stated over the years, is of little interest to me. What matters in the law. And nowhere in the "LOV nr. 1128 af 24/11-2004" also known as Lov om årpenge for Princesse Alexandra" does it say that the money is given for life.

http://www.stm.dk/_p_5611.html

Nor does it state that in the law granting apanage for Joachim in 1995 (lov nr. 1119)

http://www.stm.dk/_p_5487.html

or Crownprince Frederik for that matter. (135 of 1986)

http://www.stm.dk/_p_5486.html

Only the King or Queen is guaranteed that by the constitution.

I don't understand why you would think that Alexandra is in more immediate danger of having her apanage removed than other still-royal members (apart from the queen you say). If we had a revolution tomorrow, sure, they would all lose their apanage, royal or noble, but fat chance of that in the immediate future.

Because she is no longer part of the Royal Family and because she no longer meets most of the reasons given for the apanage in the first place.

So for now she is as secure with her apanage as other royal recipients of apanag.

All I ever claimed, was that the money from the state, was by no means secured for life.

And which event do you envisage as likely to occur and result in a discontinuation of payments from the state to eg. Crown prince Frederik, prince Joachim and countess Alexandra?

And which event do you envisage as likely to occur and result in a discontinuation of payments from the state to eg. Crown prince Frederik, prince Joachim and countess Alexandra?

Again, you are imagening things. All I have ever said, is that it is not guaranteed for life. Whatever else has been said in the matter, is of mo real importance. But we can easily agree that it is unlikely to happen, as long as we also agree that there is no legal matter to prevent it.

Don't know where to post this...

I don't know where to post this since there is no thread for her, but I was wondering about Princess Alexandra, his former wife. Why did she get to keep a "title"? Were they just trying to be nice? Because she did produce 2 males to carry on the title of Prince and possibly Count of Monpazet. I only ask because I was reading about it and they compared her to Diana - when Diana divorced and received no title and was demoted even though she is the mother of the future monarch, William. Was the British family just not thinking, were they too arrogant, just plain tired of the drama and wanted to dismiss it as soon as possible? As then for Alexandra - possibly they saw what happened with Diana and decided to treat her with more respect? I don't know the story of Alexandra so I don't know why they really got divorced - I'm purely interested in why she kept a title.

I don't know where to post this since there is no thread for her, but I was wondering about Princess Alexandra, his former wife. Why did she get to keep a "title"? Were they just trying to be nice? Because she did produce 2 males to carry on the title of Prince and possibly Count of Monpazet. I only ask because I was reading about it and they compared her to Diana - when Diana divorced and received no title and was demoted even though she is the mother of the future monarch, William. Was the British family just not thinking, were they too arrogant, just plain tired of the drama and wanted to dismiss it as soon as possible? As then for Alexandra - possibly they saw what happened with Diana and decided to treat her with more respect? I don't know the story of Alexandra so I don't know why they really got divorced - I'm purely interested in why she kept a title.
i am not sure youa re writting in the right forum , may be ask a moderator, but she did not kept the title of princes now she is a countess and we will never know the resaon of the divorce

Alexandra is no longer a Princess - she is now HE the Countess of Frederiksborg. She remained 'Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg' after her divorce in 2004/5 until she remarried in 2007, when she lost the 'Her Highness Princess' portion of her title.

Alexandra is no longer a Princess - she is now HE the Countess of Frederiksborg. She remained 'Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg' after her divorce in 2004/5 until she remarried in 2007, when she lost the 'Her Highness Princess' portion of her title.
Obviously I wasn't asking the right question - I already know that she is now a Countess... thanks for restating the obvious. I was talking about after her divorce --- as to why she got to keep her title of Princess until 2007 when she remarried. I then was comparing it to Diana -- and how she was stripped of all her titles leaving her with 28 August 1996 – 31 August 1997: Diana, Princess of Wales -- no HRH, nothing. As to why Denmark let her "keep" the title and if it might have anything to do with what happened with Diana? ;)

Obviously I wasn't asking the right question - I already know that she is now a Countess... thanks for restating the obvious. I was talking about after her divorce --- as to why she got to keep her title of Princess until 2007 when she remarried. I then was comparing it to Diana -- and how she was stripped of all her titles leaving her with 28 August 1996 – 31 August 1997: Diana, Princess of Wales -- no HRH, nothing. As to why Denmark let her "keep" the title and if it might have anything to do with what happened with Diana? ;)

I can't speak as to Margrethe's intentions upon giving Alexandra the style of Highness after her divorce from Joachim, however what was done with Diana following her divorce was what was traditionally done within the BRF in regards to divorcees. Look at Sarah Ferguson, for example. She had been HRH The Duchess of York, then she became Sarah, Duchess of York. Obviously something different should have been done for Diana, as she was the mother of the future King of England, but that's just not how they did things.

Denmark does something different apparently OR the Queen might have had a personal fondness for Alexandra and felt that she should have something, even though she was divorced from her son.

Actually I think that one's personal fondness for others doesn't matter with titles. Alexandra lost her HRH title right after the divorce but remained a Princess as long as she was unmarried. Of course things had changed for her by the time she became Martin's wife.
I don't really remember where I have read it so I can't tell if it is accurate or just pure cheap gossip but apparently it was Diana herself who refused the HH title maybe to make people more angry towards the then unpopular british monarchy.

I doubt very much the Danish Royal Court would have looked at the situation with Diana in order to decide upon what title Alexandra should have been given when she and Joachim got divorced.
In the UK, if "Jane Green" marries "John Smith" her formal title would be "Mrs John Smith". If they divorced, she would become "Mrs Jane Green" or revert to her maiden name. The wife of the "The Duke of Londonshire" would be "The Duchess of Londonshire" until divorce would render her "Mary, Duchess of Londonshire" as in Mary...a duchess of the estate/place/land of Londonshire. It's the same with royal titles too, but with the added complication of HRH. There is no title in the UK called Her/His Highness so if you divorce out the royal family you couldn't simply knock off the "R" out of "HRH".

In Diana's situation (and please do correct me someone if I'm wrong as it's confusing), there was a technical difficulty in coupling the HRH prefix with the title she would be entitled to upon divorce (that being Diana, Princess of Wales - as in Diana...a princess of the country of Wales). In order for her to retain the HRH prefix, she could not simply have been known as HRH Diana, Princess of Wales, she would have had to have been a princess in her own right so that the title would be "HRH Princess Diana", which would have been, I would imagine, extremely complicated and uncustomery for the UK. I'm not sure whether she was keen to have the HRH prefix anyway.

Actually I think that one's personal fondness for others doesn't matter with titles. Alexandra lost her HRH title right after the divorce but remained a Princess as long as she was unmarried. Of course things had changed for her by the time she became Martin's wife.
I don't really remember where I have read it so I can't tell if it is accurate or just pure cheap gossip but apparently it was Diana herself who refused the HH title maybe to make people more angry towards the then unpopular british monarchy.

No Diana never refused the HH (Her Highness) style as it doesn't exist in the British monarchy. It was abolished early in the 20th century.

Alexandra got to keep her princess title until she remarried as she was created a princess in her own right when she married Joachim. Diana was never a princess in her own right, her princess of wales title depended on her being married to the prince of wales. When she was no longer married to him, she was no longer a princess (by marriage, not in her own right).

Alexandra could only keep her princess title and she was downgraded to HH whilst she was still unmarried. Once married she would loose it. Queen Margrethe created the Countess of Frederiksberg title especially for Alexandra, it's just her title, her husband doesn't get to be the count. Margrethe created the Countess of Frederiksberg title as a mark of respect that she had for Alexandra and the work she had done as a Danish princess. Margrethe didn't have to create any title for Alexandra, and so remarried she could have easily been just plain Mrs Jorgensen.

Diana had the Diana, Princess of Wales title given to her that was part of the divorce discussion as to what Diana's future title would be. Had she remarried she could have reverted to the title that was actually hers, Lady Diana (married name).

First of all Countess Alexandra was never a princess in her own right but she was styled as such.She is fortunate to be able to still leave the royal family and have her own pesonal title something the late Diana,Princess of Wales did not have.Her income comes from the state as long as the parilment agrees for her to have annual wages.

Alexandra got to keep her princess title until she remarried as she was created a princess in her own right when she married Joachim.
I'm sorry you are mistaken. No "princess in her own right" for Alexandra.
The quote from her official site:
"On 18 November 1995, HRH Prince Joachim married Miss Alexandra Christina Manley, who in connection with the marriage became HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark."

CONFUSING! How do they keep track of all this?! Is it all written down in stone?? lol.

Ok, I think I understand now guys and gals -- thanks!! :)

Countess Alexandra has given an interview to the Danish health
magazine "Fit Living", she admits that she has not always taken
enough care for herself and her health, but that she has changed
her lifestyle into a more healther one. One of the reasons has been
her disc prolapse. She says that in earlier years she had prefered
to spend time with her little children than to do sports daily, but
now she and Martin pay attention to healhy food and lifestyle
and try to teach that to her sons. Pilates is what helped her
most.

"I am very grateful that I got the message in an age where I still
had time to do something about it and change the things in my
life that were not healthy and good for me, " said the Countess
to Fit Living.

Article from Billed-Bladet:

** Diskusprolaps ændrede grevinde Alexandras liv **

Countess Alexandra out for lunch with a friend and during a
boxing training with son Nikolai on May 20, 2010 in Copenhagen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Countess looks good and very relaxed, just wish she wouldn't drag such a huge purse around............

Like last year Countess Alexandra, Martin Jørgensen, Prince Felix
and Prince Nikolai attended the charity event "Kids for Kids" (that
supports children and babies in Africa) in Vedbæk on Sunday, June
13, 2010. The boys enjoyed climbing and the mechanical bull :)

** BB article with pics: Se prins Nikolai blive kastet af tyren **

** msndk gallery : Felix og Nikolai indtog klatrevæggen **

** Hola article: Félix y Nicolás de Dinamarca, dos intrépidos aventureros en una jornada de actividades infantiles en Copenhague **

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2010.
Nikolai havde veninden med - Nikolai brought the girlfriend. (*)
Written by Ken Richter, our reporter in the west.

Alexandra is patron for the Northsea Oceanarium in Hirtshals. Hirtshals is a fishing port located at the north-west coast of Jutland and in many ways as far away from Hellerup as you can possible go in DK. It's a completely different world, a much different hard nature, the local dialect can be almost incomprehensible for someone living north of Copenhagen. The humour is certainly very different and people don't talk up there, they shout.
Anyway, Alexandra brought all her boys with her, including an almost clean shaven Martin Jørgensen.
But Nikolai had also invited his good friend from school, Benedikte and her friend Natacha. Benedikte we have seen before near Nikolai. She also has a sense for discretion, when approached by Ken Richter she kindly replied: "We are good friends".
The museum. It has undergone a 54 million DKK modernisation with interactive screens and what not, which interested Nikolai as well as Felix a lot. Especially standing on the bridge of a fishing vessel and catch virtual fish. Felix caught a 23 kilo fish. Yeah!
Alexandra explained: "I asked the boys whether they would help me open the exhibition and Felix would like to. That's why he was allowed to help me cut the ribbon".

(*) As in female friend, not sweetheart.

Today, June 30, Countess Alexandra celebtrates her 46th birthday,
Billed-Bladet has put together some pics in a birthday article:

** Grevinde Alexandra fejrer sin 46-års fødselsdag **

The article once more repeats that she lives a very healthy life with
the right diet and plenty of exercise, that life with a 14-years younger
husband keeps her young as well as how her shorter haircut has
changed her.

And new pictures have been released on the occasion of her birthday!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe **

Last edited:
Quite pretty pictures, the black background is quite interesting.
Does she release pictures every year? I cant remeber if she does or doesnt.

I would understand if it was a special birthday, but to release pictures for her 46th?
They look very nice, I like the black and white pictures the best.

Every birthday it´s a special birthday.
No need a specific one to release pictures.
Well done Contess Alexandra. Always beatiful.

Well, I must say that she does look older compared to the pictures taken 4-5 years ago.
But she still looks youger than her actual age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom