Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Countess Alexandra will be back in Odense this Tuesday to light lights for the 600 infants who die each year in Denmark as Patron of the Danish Infant Death Association, along with Mayor Jan Boye. Afterwards, she will attend an award ceremony, also held in Odense to distribute prizes to particularly deserving people.
Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense

Countess Alexandra will be back in Odense this Tuesday to light lights for the 600 infants who die each year in Denmark as Patron of the Danish Infant Death Association, along with Mayor Jan Boye. Afterwards, she will attend an award ceremony, also held in Odense to distribute prizes to particularly deserving people.
Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense

Does Countess Alexandra have anything to do with deciding the prize-recipients? I have always admired the work that Alexandra continues to do with her patronages.

Does Countess Alexandra have anything to do with deciding the prize-recipients? I have always admired the work that Alexandra continues to do with her patronages.
I don't know if she actually helps to decide - maybe Viv, living in Odense, has heard something more about this (I think she/he lives in Odense anyway:ermm:)

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. "Fresh, experimental and artistic" are OK for a 20-year old, but Alexandra needs to reserve that idea for the week-ends.
Princess Victoria gets criticized for wearing a banana clip in messy hair on her arrival in Sicily and Alexandra wears one to a fashion show and everyone thinks that she looks great? And you know that Mary will be there and all the press?
So, you can't make it to the salon - hot rollers, elastic bands, head bands - today there are numerous quick fixes to help a busy person with their hair.

Crown Princess Victoria will be the future Queen of Sweden.
She represents her country.

Countess Alexandra is no more a member of Danish Royal Family.
She is a normal tax payer and represents nobody but herself.
Her noble title cannot even be passed to her children.

Why do you suppose that Alexandra knew in advance that Mary will be there?

It is quite possible that the countess spent houres at the hair salon trying to achieve this look. Has anyone have in an image in their minds of those models walking on the catwalk? Some look like they have been through a couple of rounds with a prize fighter before they modeled the latest creations.

Crown Princess Victoria will be the future Queen of Sweden.
She represents her country.

Countess Alexandra is no more a member of Danish Royal Family.
She is a normal tax payer and represents nobody but herself.
Her noble title cannot even be passed to her children.

Why do you suppose that Alexandra knew in advance that Mary will be there?

She may pay taxes, but she also receives taxes as part of her "salary" as the ex-wife of Joachim. She has patronages just like any other royal person and should look the part.
I would say, in a way, that Alexandra represents some aspect which involves the royal family and the government.
She is still listed under the Royal House of Denmark official links with her coronet and monogram.
I have always thought that Alexandra looks immpecable. Her appearance at this event was so out of character for her.
She may have known that Mary would be there or not - but in any case, she should have known that the Press would be there.

Countess Alexandra is on the cover of the 5th March Costume Magazine (the second time she's given them an interview). The interview seems to be basically the same as others she's given in the past; the most important things in her life are friends, love, children, charity, honesty and laughter.

You can see the info and cover (with what I think is a horrible photo of her) here:
Nyt nummer af Costume « Costume.dk

If you're interested, the first interview Costume did with her, back when she was a Princess, is here:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/Costume.htm

Last edited:
I completely agree with you, Alex001. It is not the most flattering photo of Alexandra. I do think that it is very nice that she is featured on the cover, though. The photos from the first cover are much nicer. Does she go into depth about any of her patronages?

I completely agree with you, Alex001. It is not the most flattering photo of Alexandra. I do think that it is very nice that she is featured on the cover, though. The photos from the first cover are much nicer. Does she go into depth about any of her patronages?

I don't know, the interview's only just come out today and I haven't actually seen it. Sorry!

However, from the article posted by QUEENECE29 (thanks:flowers:) I can tell you that she does talk about her relationship with Marie and Joachim:
"We have never experienced jealousy towards each other. I have always wished him the best and he has always wanted the best. So after we decided not to be together, I am happy that he has found someone who he would like to share life with. And conversely, I can see that he is also happy on my behalf."

"We talk a lot about Joachim and Marie, they are in our lives and of course, is a part of children's lives - there are among other things holidays together. But with the children staying with us everyday, it is obviously something else"

She may pay taxes, but she also receives taxes as part of her "salary" as the ex-wife of Joachim. She has patronages just like any other royal person and should look the part.
I would say, in a way, that Alexandra represents some aspect which involves the royal family and the government.
She is still listed under the Royal House of Denmark official links with her coronet and monogram.
I have always thought that Alexandra looks immpecable. Her appearance at this event was so out of character for her.
She may have known that Mary would be there or not - but in any case, she should have known that the Press would be there.

Really? She is still listed under the DRF official links?
Maybe you visited an old page?
I just checked the website, definitely she is not on the member list of the royal family.

Countess Alexandra is on the cover of the 5th March Costume Magazine (the second time she's given them an interview). The interview seems to be basically the same as others she's given in the past; the most important things in her life are friends, love, children, charity, honesty and laughter.

You can see the info and cover (with what I think is a horrible photo of her) here:
Nyt nummer af Costume « Costume.dk

If you're interested, the first interview Costume did with her, back when she was a Princess, is here:
New Page 1

Well, I personally think she looks much better this time!
She looks so elegant and beautiful in that turkis dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
She does look lovely...but she is so pale. The whole look, (hair and makeup) put me in mind of a Geisha. Not that she looks exactly like one, (and they are lovely) but that pale, perfectly symmetrical and perfectly put together look, and there is just a hint of the actual Geisha look to me. Odd, but that is what came to mind when I first looked at the picture. I like the picture from the first article better. It's more natural and more vulnerable. It's like you can see directly into her soul or something. Or maybe rather less guarded?

She does look lovely...but she is so pale. The whole look, (hair and makeup) put me in mind of a Geisha. Not that she looks exactly like one, (and they are lovely) but that pale, perfectly symmetrical and perfectly put together look, and there is just a hint of the actual Geisha look to me. Odd, but that is what came to mind when I first looked at the picture. I like the picture from the first article better. It's more natural and more vulnerable. It's like you can see directly into her soul or something. Or maybe rather less guarded?

It is winter time, so she would not have any color. She does get a nice tan when she visits a sunny destination - usually in the summer.
Alexandra seems like a very calm, measured person - very sure of herself.

There is nothing horrible about the photo, I think Countess Alexandra looks wonderful, maybe a little pale but still beautiful.

JV.dk - Kultur - Glitter - Alexandra klar til flere børn
JV has a little more from the interview as well as what has already been written here; just that Alexandra hates shopping in supermarkets, because she gets recognised and noted, which is what she likes about being abroad as she can relax a little more.
However, when she is recognised, people just greet her politely and she has never had an uncomfortable situation due to it.

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_1109.jpg
Her og Nu has an article about Mary and Alexandra's 'baby fight'; that they both want to have one more baby this year. However, I'm not inclined to believe this as Alexandra's said several times that "children come when they come" and has been very ono-committal about having another baby.

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_1109.jpg
Her og Nu has an article about Mary and Alexandra's 'baby fight'; that they both want to have one more baby this year. However, I'm not inclined to believe this as Alexandra's said several times that "children come when they come" and has been very ono-committal about having another baby.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: They are really hurting for news on the DRF, aren't they? IMO, Alexandra has always seemed very low-key about having babies. She doesn't seem like she's overly-worried about having more children. Mary also doesn't seem like she is just dying to be pregnant this very minute. I'm sure that they would both welcome more babies, but this story seems exaggerated.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: They are really hurting for news on the DRF, aren't they? IMO, Alexandra has always seemed very low-key about having babies. She doesn't seem like she's overly-worried about having more children. Mary also doesn't seem like she is just dying to be pregnant this very minute. I'm sure that they would both welcome more babies, but this story seems exaggerated.

She has already 2 kids and her age is not appropriate for another pregnancy.She is 45,she is full-fledged and ΙΜΟ she wouldn't risk her health.

TV 2 Vip - Alexandra: Stadig vild med Martin
More information from Alexandra's interview with Costume magazine; that she is still "crazy" about Martin and says that ""He is the best step-father that the children could have. He has taken upon the task with great maturity. He has the children's full loyalty and love, they love him and he loves them."

TV 2 Vip - Alexandra: Stadig vild med Martin
More information from Alexandra's interview with Costume magazine; that she is still "crazy" about Martin and says that ""He is the best step-father that the children could have. He has taken upon the task with great maturity. He has the children's full loyalty and love, they love him and he loves them."

Looking at the picture, how could you believe that she is 14 years of his senior?! Alexandra looks so young and lively.
The magazines should interview her how to look young forever, ask her
which cream she uses or if she has any special tips for the skin care!

Really? She is still listed under the DRF official links?
Maybe you visited an old page?
I just checked the website, definitely she is not on the member list of the royal family.

Exactly! :)

Princess Alexandra was removed from the DRF website about the time she exchanged vows with Martin Jørgensen. I checked on the day !

Looking at the picture, how could you believe that she is 14 years of his senior?! Alexandra looks so young and lively.
The magazines should interview her how to look young forever, ask her
which cream she uses or if she has any special tips for the skin care!
You're right Heike, she doesn't look 14yrs older than him. BT have put together a gallery by the way of Alexandra and Martin:
B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

The reason, in case anyone's wondering, why Alexandra isn't doing anything at the moment is that she is taking Nikolai and Felix to Hong Kong for a month to visit their cousins and their aunt, Nicola Baird and her three children, and so that she can catch up with friends who still live there. They're expected to return to Denmark for Easter.
Billed-Bladet - Alexandra med familien paa ferie

Does Alexandra still have family in Hong Kong? I thought that her parents were now in Denmark, but I could be wrong. I do think that it is great that she is taking the boys to the see the area where she grew up.

As far as I know, her sister lives in Hong Kong and her parents are living in Vienna. They left Denmark when Joachim married Marie. Untill then they had been living at Shackenborg - in a house connected to the castle. I guess it must have been to wierd for them to continue living with their former son in law and his new wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom