Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S&H is just repeating the speculative story of H&N and Ekstrabladet (see former posts).
The "drama" is: Alexandra will not attend the inauguration of DR's new concerthouse (although she is patron of DR Girls Choir), the DRF including Marie will. According to those magazines this means: "Queen Margrethe doesn't want to stay in the same room with her former daughter-in-law". :whistling:

Oh for crying out loud. As far as I am aware there is no bad blood between the two. If there were, I seriously doubt that Margrethe would have treated Alexandra in the generous way that she did during and after the divorce. What these people will come up with is astounding sometimes. Although I don't know why I am surprised.

In this week's Billed-Bladet, the Radio Denmark director of music Leif Loensmann confirms that Countess Alexandra has been invited to the inauguration of the concert hall on January 17th, and that she has sent her regrets a long time ago.

As for sources, this is as good as it gets!

In this week's Billed-Bladet, the Radio Denmark director of music Leif Loensmann confirms that Countess Alexandra has been invited to the inauguration of the concert hall on January 17th, and that she has sent her regrets a long time ago.

As for sources, this is as good as it gets!

Viv :flowers:
I have a fealing that the story is made from a bad bunch of reporters from Se og Hør and Ekstrabladet who you know never like the family her in Denmark..I just hope that the Press Contact from the royal court will take thoes trace magazins to court and make them pay alot.

Viv :flowers:
I have a fealing that the story is made from a bad bunch of reporters from Se og Hør and Ekstrabladet who you know never like the family her in Denmark..I just hope that the Press Contact from the royal court will take thoes trace magazins to court and make them pay alot.

HM! :flowers:

You are so right! Se og Hør and Ekstrabladet are not working in the best interest of the royal family! And a "small" gossip mag like "Her og nu" are just trying to boost its sales.

Headlines like "Alex isn't being invited to ....this and that" are normally based on ignorance about the protocol! The royal court said a long time ago that Alexandra would be invited to RF events involving her children. The next thing coming up would be the confirmation of Prince Nikolai in ....somethink like...erm.. 2013:)!

Another thing is the general relationship between the Queen and Alexandra. We don't have much to go by here! Disregarding what Villemann wrote in "1015", other journalists before her have suggested that the two ladies are not exactly subject to mutual admiration :D. One of them (from Ugebladet Søndag) wrote that the relationship is frosty, but correct!

Viv

Last edited:
Billed-Bladet - Alexandras kloge beslutning – nej til festaften!

This articles says that, even though the Queen announced that she was welcome, it was wise of Alexandra to not attend - the great question was apparently not how she would be received upon arrival (according to BB), but where she'd sit; not in the royal box, so where?
And it is obvious that the 'diary clashes' was a polite excuse, as the Countess seemed to spend all day at home, as did Martin.

There's also another article which is basically about how she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the invitation here:
http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-19953490.html?forside

Billed-Bladet - Alexandras kloge beslutning – nej til festaften!

This articles says that, even though the Queen announced that she was welcome, it was wise of Alexandra to not attend - the great question was apparently not how she would be received upon arrival (according to BB), but where she'd sit; not in the royal box, so where?
And it is obvious that the 'diary clashes' was a polite excuse, as the Countess seemed to spend all day at home, as did Martin.

There's also another article which is basically about how she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the invitation here:
TV 2 Vip - Alexandra sagde pænt nej tak

Thanks for the links, Alex001. I plugged the second article into my translator, and it kind of frustrated me when they said that even though the Queen declared that it was okay for Alex to go, Alex chose to defy the Queen (their words, not mine). The media just cannot drop this. They had to throw in a dig about Alex supposedly defying the Queen.:ermm:

Thanks for the links, Alex001. I plugged the second article into my translator, and it kind of frustrated me when they said that even though the Queen declared that it was okay for Alex to go, Alex chose to defy the Queen (their words, not mine). The media just cannot drop this. They had to throw in a dig about Alex supposedly defying the Queen.:ermm:

I agree, I think that the media really have hyped up this incident and blown it out of proportion, trying to turn it into evidence that the Queen hates the Countess, then that she's defying the Queen.

Pics 29.1.2009

Countess Alexandra attends the launch of a new song book which
will be distributed in schools, Copenhagen, Denmark - 29 Jan 2009
During her visit Alexandra sang songs from the book and enjoyed
a slice of cake .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Was she dressed in some sort of traditional costume?

Was she dressed in some sort of traditional costume?

She wasn't! IMO it's just an attempt of dressing formally in the informal way!:) . When she was a princess with official duties, she normally wore a suit (jacket & skirt) made of a very structured material like tweed or one of the stiffer silks. Now she's into more informal (and younger ;))styles, made from softer, more figure hugging materials. The grey dress doesn't look Danish in style, but I could be wrong!

Last edited:
Odense Kommune - Grevinde Alexandra åbner Fyrtøjets nye scenografi
Fyrtojet's new set design will be opened by Alexandra on Saturday. There is apparently a problem with choosing a flower girl or boy, as everyone wants to be it, so they've decided that all the children will each give the Countess one flower stalk, which she can put together into a big bouquet when she goes home.

Odense Kommune - Grevinde Alexandra åbner Fyrtøjets nye scenografi
Fyrtojet's new set design will be opened by Alexandra on Saturday. There is apparently a problem with choosing a flower girl or boy, as everyone wants to be it, so they've decided that all the children will each give the Countess one flower stalk, which she can put together into a big bouquet when she goes home.

I like this idea! I don't think that I have ever seen this method before, but it is a great way for each of the children to be able to interact with Alexandra, even if it is just for a moment.

Does Alexandra still have Ladies-in-Waiting who accompany her to her engagements?

I think she's sometimes accompanied by Julie Vibe Michelsen, her private secretary, who, from what I have gathered, is the blonde lady you see in photos standing behind the Countess - although, thinking about it, I haven't noticed her since the ECCO Walkathon, so maybe she's left, I don't know. Then again, it may not even be her!

Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense
The idea about the bouquet seems to have worked, with Alexandra declaring it the best bouquet that she's ever received. I'm not sure whether or not I like the suit though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense
The idea about the bouquet seems to have worked, with Alexandra declaring it the best bouquet that she's ever received. I'm not sure whether or not I like the suit though.

There was a clip in the news; Alexandra appeared to be genuinely touched
by the thought behind the bouquet. The suit looks like an old tweed thing
revisited :)!

Viv ( who couldn't make it to Odense today!)

I think she's sometimes accompanied by Julie Vibe Michelsen, her private secretary, who, from what I have gathered, is the blonde lady you see in photos standing behind the Countess - although, thinking about it, I haven't noticed her since the ECCO Walkathon, so maybe she's left, I don't know. Then again, it may not even be her!

Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense

Very sweet picture! The little girl with the pacifier is beautiful. I am glad that the bouquet idea worked out. It was such a cute idea.

Pic 6.2.2009

Countess Alexandra at Malene Birger's fashion show in
Copenhagen during Denmark's fashion week, February
6, 2009.

-----> Pic

The countess seems to be busier now than right after her divorce, it's nice to see her on official engagments, she is a proffesional and does things well, (even a more natural than CP Mary, oops:whistling: I didn't mean to compare, it just slipped out...and it doesn't mean that she is a better person, she seems to have more of a knack:flowers:)

Yes, it's Alexandra you can see on that pic with Mary,
I think it would have been strange if they hadn't met
being at the same event..

Here are some more bigger pics :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

It's good to see them together again. They're former sisters-in-law.

On the last photo posted by iceflower Alex look still beautiful on her age I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom