Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see photos of them together! Have they stayed friendly since the divorce?

I am glad to see photos of them together! Have they stayed friendly since the divorce?
Even if (I've hope they are friends) we don't know that because we don't have any photos or videos of them two for example going for a walk or coffee together, playing with their kids etc.

How nice. It is good to see that Mary and Alexandra seem to get along still.

I am suprised to see Princess Mary and Countess Alexandra, the former sister-in-laws together at the same event. It's nice to see them getting along.:)

I was surprised too - but it's good to see she still gets on with Mary as well as Joachim and Marie.

Last edited:
I am stunned. Alexandra usually looks so pulled together. Here she looks awful. Her hair is messy (and also looks dirty) pulled back in a sloppy type of hair-do. Her white top is open way too far and you can see her black bra peeking out.

It seems to me that when Alexandra remarried and now that she isn't part of the immediate Royal Family, that she's become too casual in her appearance and dress. A woman who once was so fashionable is now just thrown together with dubious looking outfits and neglect with her hair and make-up. This isn't all the time because she has appeared very put together at times. It seems her whole effect anymore is "I don't care.":rolleyes:

she certenly does not look like when she was a princess , i mean dressing now more informal, casual, her hair a kind of messy, may be she was tired about all that formality, may be this is her real her, who knows.... but i will alwasy wonder what really happen between her and the prince

It seems to me that when Alexandra remarried and now that she isn't part of the immediate Royal Family, that she's become too casual in her appearance and dress. A woman who once was so fashionable is now just thrown together with dubious looking outfits and neglect with her hair and make-up. This isn't all the time because she has appeared very put together at times. It seems her whole effect anymore is "I don't care.":rolleyes:

I agree. It almost seems to me she makes the appearences so she can justify her allowance.

I agree. It almost seems to me she makes the appearences so she can justify her allowance.

I must respectfully disagree about the Countess making appearances at events. Yes, she is not as polished-looking as she once was, but she truly seems to care about the many patronages that she is still involved in. I don't know why she was attending the fashion show, but when she is performing duties for her patronages, she seems to genuinely enjoy being involved with the various organizations.

That was my favourite picture too! And I actually forgot to give a translation of the article; it was just that thye'd been sitting on opposite sides of the catwalk when Alexandra saw Mary and went over to say hello and have a chat whilst they were waiting for the show to start. But they weren't sitting together; I think Mary was with the Baroness of Gavnø (it says the 'Baroness from Gavnø', so I assume that's where she's Baroness of) and Alexandra was with Earl Friis-Mikkelsen.

That was my favourite picture too! And I actually forgot to give a translation of the article; it was just that thye'd been sitting on opposite sides of the catwalk when Alexandra saw Mary and went over to say hello and have a chat whilst they were waiting for the show to start. But they weren't sitting together; I think Mary was with the Baroness of Gavnø (it says the 'Baroness from Gavnø', so I assume that's where she's Baroness of) and Alexandra was with Earl Friis-Mikkelsen.
This must have been Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott, she is living with her family at Gavno-Castle and is a friend of Mary.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Kendte/Nyheder/Helle%20Reedtz%20Thott/Reedtz%20pige.ashx?as=true&w=445

Sorry, folks, but I have to agree with my fellow poster who thinks that Alexandra has been looking sloppy. I've never been a Princess and I would never be seen in public with my hair looking that disheveled and unkempt. Even though she is no longer the wife of a Prince, she isn't exactly poor either --- it's not like she couldn't go to her hair stylist and say "... I have a public engagement today could you do something special with my hair?"

It's almost like she's trying to make some type of a statement. JMHO

Seeing the Princess & Countess together, I had forgotten how tiny the Countess is. Her grooming should have been better, she is still the mother of the two little Prince's

Hey guys, that was just a fashion show, not her official events with her patronages! She still looks very pulled-up in those events!
Maybe Alexandra was trying to make her hair-do more relaxed, but somehow she failed.
I remember I read somewhere that she used to have somebody taking care of her hair when she was a princess, but now she doesn´t. If she has to do her hair on her own, I think we should be more tolerant about her appearance because she is after all not a professional hair stylist.

The sloppy hair is one thing but the too casual outfit is another and it is inexcusable for her to wear such a low-cut top with her black bra showing - she looks trashy and disrespectful to her hosts, her position and the crown.

Hey guys, that was just a fashion show, not her official events with her patronages! She still looks very pulled-up in those events!
Maybe Alexandra was trying to make her hair-do more relaxed, but somehow she failed.
I remember I read somewhere that she used to have somebody taking care of her hair when she was a princess, but now she doesn´t. If she has to do her hair on her own, I think we should be more tolerant about her appearance because she is after all not a professional hair stylist.

I have to admit I just dismissed it as a fashion error when I saw the photos, I do think that in general she is not dressing down too much for her engagements - and this was not an official engagement. Just out of interest, was she criticised in Denmark when she first became a Princess for her wearing short skirts to engagements?

Just out of interest, was she criticised in Denmark when she first became a Princess for her wearing short skirts to engagements?

No, not as far as I can remember. Quit the contrary. She was praised for her tasteful stile.

By the way - I don't understand all the fuss about her hairdo at this event. IMO the negative posters are shooting sparrow with cannonballs. Furthermore I actually liked that hairdo. It was fresh, experimental and artistic. Exactly the kind of hairdo fitting for a fashionevent like that.

Alexandra's hairdo is not any messier than Mary's. Both of them look very casual and hastily put-together.

I also consider her outfit ok. Maybe not perfect, but okay. Her hairdo was not that bad, especially if she had to take care of her hair on her own.
Denmark is as far as I know quite a liberal and open country, I guess Danes wouldn´t mind her wearing a low-cut top in an unofficial fashion show. How can we be sure that black thing is her bra? Maybe it is, maybe it is another smaller top, who knows?

Thanks for the link QUEENCE29, but isn't the news a bit belated; she's had that website for ages now, the only thing that has changed as far as I can see was a couple of months ago when her engagement diary was replaced with a list of patronages.

By the way, is that a recent image of her - I've never seen it before?

The article is from the 20th of febuary 2009 but it is very very old news indeed. I guess there isn't much happening in Sweden these days since Svensk Damtidning are writing about things having happend in Denmark years ago :rolleyes:.

The Countess looked good, glad to see her out-and-about

Yes, she looked very nice and was dressed very properly, as she always does for her patronage events!

No, not as far as I can remember. Quit the contrary. She was praised for her tasteful stile.

By the way - I don't understand all the fuss about her hairdo at this event. IMO the negative posters are shooting sparrow with cannonballs. Furthermore I actually liked that hairdo. It was fresh, experimental and artistic. Exactly the kind of hairdo fitting for a fashionevent like that.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. "Fresh, experimental and artistic" are OK for a 20-year old, but Alexandra needs to reserve that idea for the week-ends.
Princess Victoria gets criticized for wearing a banana clip in messy hair on her arrival in Sicily and Alexandra wears one to a fashion show and everyone thinks that she looks great? And you know that Mary will be there and all the press?
So, you can't make it to the salon - hot rollers, elastic bands, head bands - today there are numerous quick fixes to help a busy person with their hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom