The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
But I would not imagine that they have any control over her activities. She is now considered a private citizen as far as I am aware.

Apart form her children, which she would not be allowerd to take out of Denmark without permission, and never to live, I don't think that they can really tell her anything. Her allowance is hers, and i doubt that they can tell her what to do with that either. At least, that is what I think.

You may be absolutely correct, I do not know. I would suspect that if she ever did (which I highly doubt) anything that may embarass the royal family in any way, they would intervene. This is why I think the interview was cleared beforehand. Then again I may be totally wrong.
Does Martin still work as a photographer? Is Alexandra employed in any way?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Martin does still work as a photographer (which must be nice for him having such a high profile wife who can get him into other events!) And if I recall correctly, Alexandra is on the board of a pharmaceutical company now. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Martin does still work as a photographer (which must be nice for him having such a high profile wife who can get him into other events!) And if I recall correctly, Alexandra is on the board of a pharmaceutical company now. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Thank you Empress. She is also involved with a lot of patronages so they must be busy.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
You're right, it's Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Ferring Pharmaceuticals Announces Board Changes)

Quote:
I actually seem to remember a Her og Nu video with the Girls' Choir in Tivoli, where he started filming/photographing, I can't remember which, along with the others!

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Some information in English about what she said in the interview:
http://dr.dk/Nyheder/Kultur/2008/11/27/101141.htm?wbc_purpose=update%2B-%2B81k%252 translated by GramTrans

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Again, what was the point of the interview?
Hm... if there ever was a point:
preemptive damage control, most likely! A warning to the media that they don't paint a frosty relationship, which doesn't exist. In which case the interview could have been endorsed by Joachim!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001 View Post
Thank you for this link, Alex001! She had some very nice and down-to-earth things to say about parenting. It sounds like she is a tough, but caring mother.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Billed-Bladet - Marie får hjælp af Alexandra

This article is saying that Marie gets help off Alexandra; however, it then goes on to say that the advice she recieves actually comes from Alexandra's TV interview - for example, learn Danish quickly or do not get alarmed by the new and enjoy the present.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Wow, Alexandra has aged! Her new hairdo is not flattering either. I wonder if everything is all right with her, she looks like she's let herself go.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

This article is saying that Marie gets help off Alexandra; however, it then goes on to say that the advice she recieves actually comes from Alexandra's TV interview - for example, learn Danish quickly or do not get alarmed by the new and enjoy the present.
So basically the article is saying that Marie gets help from Alexandra via TV interview? Interesting....
Old 12-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:

This is a really strange statement by the magazine. I do not remember that Alexandra would have mentioned Marie's name in the interview. Billed-Bladet surpasses itself in story telling.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
This is a really strange statement by the magazine. I do not remember that Alexandra would have mentioned Marie's name in the interview. Billed-Bladet surpasses itself in story telling.
Yes, this is the most outstanding non-story I have ever read .

(I like the new smilie on the list of smilies . Allmost as much as I like the rather unuseful one of the dead horse and the one of the aggressive Viking )
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I've just foudn this article
Fyens Stiftstidende - NU - Ekstra
which mentions her, but the translator does not give a coherent translation that I can understand; could a Danish speaker tell us what it's saying please? Thanks!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I've just foudn this article
Fyens Stiftstidende - NU - Ekstra
which mentions her, but the translator does not give a coherent translation that I can understand; could a Danish speaker tell us what it's saying please? Thanks!
It's more about the café of the Tinderbox - an activity centre for children in Odense and of which Countess Alexandra is a patron - than the Countess herself. Rather trivial really, the present hosts are resigning and when the café reopens in January, Countess Alexandra will be among the
guests. Hope this will suffice, alex001

Viv
Old 12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Yes, this is the most outstanding non-story I have ever read .

(I like the new smilie on the list of smilies . Allmost as much as I like the rather unuseful one of the dead horse and the one of the aggressive Viking )
Uh-oh, watch out folks! Lilla is at it with her club again!

Anyway, you made a good point about BB, Lilla. Their standard has deteriorated since they got Anette Krakau for editor-in-chief. There is an increasing amount of speculating and rumour mongering nowadays! The piece about Alexandra assisting Marie is misleading at best!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
Hedvig, hunny you probably doesn't watch/read/ the same interview about which BB has wrote.
They will write everything just to sale the magazine.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Hedvig, hunny you probably doesn't watch/read/ the same interview about which BB has wrote.
They will write everything just to sale the magazine.
Did she do another interview as well; I seem to remember another where she was dressed in a silver-coloured top and was talking about being worried about the Princes? Then again, that may be entirely within my imagination!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Uh-oh, watch out folks! Lilla is at it with her club again!
You are so right Viv.

So far, I in my life, I have found three very very good friends, whom I can alwayes trust and rely apon. Though - as much as I love this friend: and this friend: my favorit friend is the dead horse .

My dream-senario is for all of us to have a ride in this but with a parrot as coachman. What a jolly good ride that could be.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Ahh Lilla how could you ever say the dead horse is not useful didnt I give you a great recipe for one that you find after BB and other media outlets have finished flogging it. Seriously though I do think there would be some cooperation between the RF and Alexandra with regards to press statements interviews, if only in the interest of the boys.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Ahh Lilla how could you ever say the dead horse is not useful didnt I give you a great recipe for one that you find after BB and other media outlets have finished flogging it.
You did Kbear .

But I also wrote that the dead horse is my favorit friend.

One does not eat ones favorit friends!!!

Anyway flogging a dead horse, IMO, is a vaste of time.

( I just found a new friend on the smilie-list. His name is Beam-up. But I don't think he is worth taking on a ride in the . He wouldn't be there very long..... would he? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Seriously though I do think there would be some cooperation between the RF and Alexandra with regards to press statements interviews, if only in the interest of the boys.
And seriously, I agree.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra