Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just watched the programe on DR1. Jon Bloch Skipper was right. Alexandra did underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. She said they are very, very good friends.

I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media ;).

She was as I expected. Intelligent, reflekting, warm and professionel. The exact same wonderful person she has alwayes been :flowers:

Thank you so much, Lilla! From what I have read in these translations of the Danish articles, it sounds like the press doesn't always have a neutral opinion of Alexandra.

I have just watched the programe on DR1. Jon Bloch Skipper was right. Alexandra did underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. She said they are very, very good friends.

I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media ;).

She was as I expected. Intelligent, reflekting, warm and professionel. The exact same wonderful person she has alwayes been :flowers:

Oh Lilla I am so happy!. At first read it seemed like something sinister was going to come out of this interview. She looked relaxed and although I did not understand a word she said, she seemed at peace with whatever is going on.
She also looks much younger than her years. How long has she been in Danemark? Is her Danish as good as it sounds? I am impressed.:flowers:

Thank you so much, Lilla! From what I have read in these translations of the Danish articles, it sounds like the press doesn't always have a neutral opinion of Alexandra.

They don't. They are trying very hard to make money on stories that doesn't exist.

How long has she been in Danemark? Is her Danish as good as it sounds? I am impressed.:flowers:

She has lived in Denmark for 13 years. I the interview she said - when asked - that she is dreaming and thinking in Danish and has done so for quit some years.

And yes her Danish is excelent. She has got a slight accent - but I noticed that her pronauncation of the word "hård" is perfect. That word is hard for people - not born in Denmark - to pronaunce correct because of the guteral sound in both the H and the Å.

She has lived in Denmark for 13 years. I the interview seh said - when asked - that she is dreaming and thinking in Danish and has done so fo quit some years.

And yes her Danish is excelent. She has got a slight accent - but I noticed that her pronauncation of the word "hård" is perfect. That word is hard for people - not born in Denmark - to pronaunce correct because of the guteral sound in both the H and the Å.

Thanks Lilla. 13 years is not too long a time to learn a language as difficult as Danish is reputed to be. Forget the pronunciation, there are so many people speaking a language to perfection and still cannot master certain nuances. What was the occasion for this interview?

Thank you Alex. I wish I could understand what she was saying. She seemed so relaxed and pleasant. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media .
Exactly!

Still, one question remains: Why did Countess Alexandra choose to "go public" now; she didn't actually spill any beans about anything! IMO if there were an agenda, it was to stress that she and Joachim has a good relationship. In other words: a warning to the media not to stir up any
animosity for the sake of the headlines.

Oh and by the way: maybe it was just a slip of the tongue: When talking about the deliberations leading up to the split, Alexandra used the word I; when I decided etc. ....a few sentences later, she referred to the separation as a joint decision!

Oh and by the way: maybe it was just a slip of the tongue: When talking about the deliberations leading up to the split, Alexandra used the word I; when I decided etc. ....a few sentences later, she referred to the separation as a joint decision!

I noticed that as well and I don't think it was a slip of the tongue.

She was talking about her own thoughts. She can not include Joachim when talking about her thoughts. She is not the representative of what went on inside Joachims brain at the time. Only Joachim can talk about his thoughts.

In other words she takes responsibility for her own thoughts by using I; when I decide etc. At the same time she refrains from taking responsibility for the thoughts Joachim had. The latter simply isn't her business to talk about. If the interviewer wants to know about Joachims thoughts - he can ask Joachim.

I don't see any paradox when she later on is talking about the separation as a joint decision. That decision wasn't about what was going on inside the brain on the persons involved. It was a decision she an Joachim reached together - and as so talked about. They concurred.

What was the occasion for this interview?

Well, there wasn't really any. So it is up to your interpretation.

My interpretation is that she simply wanted everybody to know that everything is fine. The reason: To prevent the media in specutating "negativly" now that her ex is expecting a child with his present wife Princess Marie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there wasn't really any. So it is up to your interpretation.

My interpretation is that she simply wanted everybody to know that everything is fine. The reason: To prevent the media in specutating "negativly" now that her ex is expecting a child with his present wife Princess Marie.

I suppose this is as good a reason as any. Perhaps the boys also need some reassurances from both parents now that Marie is expecting a baby.
Glad everything went well.

I cannot speak Danish, but I can speak a little bit of Swedish and I think I understood a few things. I think she said that the next best thing after a happy marriage is a friendly divorce. True :flowers: And I think he asked her whether she wanted any more children, and she said that if it happens it happens. Did I get that right?

She was talking about her own thoughts. She can not include Joachim when talking about her thoughts. She is not the representative of what went on inside Joachims brain at the time. Only Joachim can talk about his thoughts.

In other words she takes responsibility for her own thoughts by using I; when I decide etc. At the same time she refrains from taking responsibility for the thoughts Joachim had. The latter simply isn't her business to talk about. If the interviewer wants to know about Joachims thoughts - he can ask Joachim.

I don't see any paradox when she later on is talking about the separation as a joint decision. That decision wasn't about what was going on inside the brain on the persons involved. It was a decision she an Joachim reached together - and as so talked about. They concurred.

Can´t agree with Lilla more. Lilla, your analysis is very thorough and very logical!

I cannot speak Danish, but I can speak a little bit of Swedish and I think I understood a few things. I think she said that the next best thing after a happy marriage is a friendly divorce. True :flowers: And I think he asked her whether she wanted any more children, and she said that if it happens it happens. Did I get that right?
Yes, that's right.

She had a wonderful definition of love: I feel stronger when he is with me than when I am alone.
And it was very nice that she addressed the intervewer with "De".

Does she talk about the new Princess Marie?

Does she talk about the new Princess Marie?
No, she didn't say anything about Marie. It was about the divorce, the new love, staying friends with Prince Joachim, about the kids, her protections, her new life and the media.

Well, I suppose the fact that one can only speak for oneself is common knowledge :).

Lilla and I saw the same interview, but once again, we hear things differently and interpret them differently! We do that because we are individuals with different mind-sets, biases and pre-understandings!

You can choose to believe that Joachim instigated the split OR you may prefer to believe that Alexandra and Joachim reached a decision to separate about the same time; and then again, you can choose to believe that Alexandra was the party who wanted out of the marriage. I lean towards the latter for a number of reasons.

Here is my translation of some of the key-points of the interview:

(the first quote was held in general terms):
question: "When do you ("one") realize that a relationship is through"?

Answer: "When one feels that one has done what one could, when both parties have done what they could .....when you still respect one another
and are able to talk matters through, when you want to keep the friendship that's still there . There isn't a specific time when you wake up and say "Now's the time". It's a long process. I/we/one (sic) probably try anything before admitting, that something else must happen".

(the following part was more specific):
question: "Was it (the divorce) dramatic"?

Answer: "It was a mega-hard decision; it wasn't something I took (sic) overnight. ... it was a decision, that --of course, it would have been a lot easier had it been a decision,which ..had the consequences only affected me. Regretably I couldn't say (it was), of course it affected our children and others as well - but that said, when you are two who have finally reached the decision, who want to get on with their lives and who wish
the best for one another, then- I've always said that the second best
after a good marriage is happy divorce".

This is not about whether Lilla's perception is correct --or mine. for that
matter! IMO Alexandra chose her words carefully, which is reflected
in the "jumps & turns" in the quotes.

Did she instigate the divorce, or was it a common initiative?
At the end of the day, her statements can be minced to the effect that both understandings are possible!

I just watched the interview, and even though I couldn't understand what she was saying, I was very impressed with her poise and elegance. She does seem like she is at peace and very content with her life. I thought that she looked very lovely, and I enjoyed seeing the early footage from her wedding and life with Joachim.

This is not about whether Lilla's perception is correct --or mine. for that matter! IMO Alexandra chose her words carefully, which is reflected in the "jumps & turns" in the quotes.

I agree, Viv.

Did she instigate the divorce, or was it a common initiative? At the end of the day, her statements can be minced to the effect that both understandings are possible!

Again I agree.

What I like about the interview is that there wasn't the slightest hint of blaming any of the partyes involved in the divorce - or involved in the shipwrecked marriage. Nomatter who might have instigated the divorce - Alexandra, Joachim or both of them in agreement - she, IMO, was very loyal to the friendship remaining.

I agree, Viv.
What I like about the interview is that there wasn't the slightest hint of blaming any of the partyes involved in the divorce - or involved in the shipwrecked marriage. Nomatter who might have instigated the divorce - Alexandra, Joachim or both of them in agreement - she, IMO, was very loyal to the friendship remaining.
Well, it's nice Alexandra didn't start blaming any of the parties involved but for all we know this behaviour is in her own interest as well, since she is one of the parties involved. And it seems more and more that this isn't the story of a naive 19 year old who discovered too late that her husband is attached to another woman. But the story of 2 people who discovered they don't get along with each other (I always said I don't think anyone shipwrecked this marriage except Joachim and Alexandra themselves) and decided to have a divorce, with Alexandra probably being the thriving force regarding this decision (Marie's comment "It's not his fault he is divorced" comes into my mind). So, IMO it's not only nice but also very sensible of Alexandra to stay loyal to the friendship remaining. :)

Well, I think that it is good that she did not take the route that other princesses have taken, however, I don't think that there was a need for the interview in the first place. A marriage, as a divorce, are both private, and should remain so, even in this case, or as much as possible, and I think that this particular situation has definitely run it's course, and I see no class at all in talking about it.

I am sure that she is a lovely woman, but what does anyone get out of talking about their private affairs to the public? Even if her ex husband is a public figure, some things should still remain as quiet as possible, and she is no longer a public figure, but rather the mother of two princes, which yes, does bring a bit of notoriety, but I think that it would be much better if she did not feed the public need for intrusiveness by granting these types of interviews.

Thank you, Alex001 for the link (and also the link to the translation site!)! How exciting for the boys to be able to know a footballer. I'm sure they will enjoy the games.

I am sure that she is a lovely woman, but what does anyone get out of talking about their private affairs to the public?

Well, she didn't talk about their private affairs - only on a very superficial level ;)

Even if her ex husband is a public figure, some things should still remain as quiet as possible, and she is no longer a public figure.

On the contrary - she still is very much a public figure in Denmark.

but I think that it would be much better if she did not feed the public need for intrusiveness by granting these types of interviews.

The interview wasn't intrusive at all......................:rolleyes:

In my mind it's intrusive because of the subject manner in general. These things should always be as private as possible, and not aired to the general public. I'm happy for them that they've managed to find an amicable way to maintain their duties as parents, but still think that it should be between them and not shared with everyone else.

Again, what was the point of the interview?

In my mind it's intrusive because of the subject manner in general. These things should always be as private as possible, and not aired to the general public. I'm happy for them that they've managed to find an amicable way to maintain their duties as parents, but still think that it should be between them and not shared with everyone else.

I guess this is a question of personal oppinion. I don't agree with you Empress. IMO the way Joachim and Alexandra have handled their divorce, has been so decent, that they actually are very good rolemodels for divorced couples.

Knowing how bad thing can get during and after a divorce (also among royals) rolemodeles in this specific area has a special justification IMO.

Read my post 41 on the previous page :flowers:

Oh I don't mind having a different opinion. I actually happen to think that they have handled it spectacularly as well. I just don't think that it needs to be talked about in public at all.

I always felt that royalty should never give interviews. I had the impression the newcomers were to blame. However when recently the Queen of Spain shared more intimate details, I began to wonder. I feel Alexandra in her impeccable way, gave this interview to perhaps say "hello" I am still here and in the process she shared information everyone more or less heard or read before.
I wonder however if her interview was cleared beforehand by the Palace or she acts independently of them as she chooses.

I doubt that her actions are approved by the palace as she is a private citizen now. I can't imagine that they would have any say so whatsoever in how she runs her life, apart from what she does with her children.

I doubt that her actions are approved by the palace as she is a private citizen now. I can't imagine that they would have any say so whatsoever in how she runs her life, apart from what she does with her children.

Do you think so? She is still connected to them through the children and is still getting an allowance so at some level, there would still be some sort of communication. At least that is what I would believe.

But I would not imagine that they have any control over her activities. She is now considered a private citizen as far as I am aware.

Apart form her children, which she would not be allowerd to take out of Denmark without permission, and never to live, I don't think that they can really tell her anything. Her allowance is hers, and i doubt that they can tell her what to do with that either. At least, that is what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom