The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Desperate Countess at prime time. Me in her position would have refused this...definitely.
But it means entertainment for us...and isn´t it that, what it is all about...

If she is worried about her children, she should maybe not give interviews and get them into the limelight.
If they would prefer it, Nicolai and Felix could probably lead a perfectly protected nearly anonymous life as adults.
After all they will have 2-3 cousins ahead in line to the throne and I could imagine Marie´s baby would get a little bit more attention, since he/she will grow up at the prince...
I agree about not giving an interview. Interesting......J & M announce her pregancy...Alexandra now gives an interview.....
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
I am hoping that those of us not lucky enough to live in Denmark will be able to see the video on the internet! Perhaps some kind member will be able to post a link?
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I am hoping that those of us not lucky enough to live in Denmark will be able to see the video on the internet! Perhaps some kind member will be able to post a link?
The interview id to be broadcasted at 27'th of november. If it will be put on the internet afterwards - I will (try to) poste a link
__________________
  #24  
Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cork, Ireland
Posts: 14
Hello,


Can someone please translate this article about Alexandra?

thank you

Billed-Bladet - Alexandra bakker op om sønnerne
__________________
  #25  
Old 11-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal77 View Post
Hello,
Can someone please translate this article about Alexandra?
thank you

Billed-Bladet - Alexandra bakker op om sønnerne

Royal 77, the basics are mentioned in posts 18 &19.

I take it that Billed-Bladet is hyping the coming interview with Alexandra! I seriously doubt that she'll throw any tid-bits about her marriage and divorce as they say she will!

I too find the timing a bit odd....

Viv
__________________
  #26  
Old 11-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 738
Tonight's the night for the TV-interview with countess Alexandra and the former DR-TV- mr. News, Reimer Bo Christensen. The interview will air on DR TV channel 1 at 20.00 LT.

This week's issue of Billed-Bladet is speculationg whether the timing of the interview is a coincidence (with the announcement of Marie's pregnancy): Royal author & pundit Jon Bloch Skipper suggests that Alexandra may find it's about time to underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. Or something to that effect.

DR has not revealed much about the contents: According to BB, Alexandra will drop a hint that from the onset of their relationship "someone" did not exactly wish them the best .....

whatever that means will perhaps be revealed tonight ... !

I for one do not expect some discount Bashir-like stunt. Countess Alexandra is supposedly too clever for that!
__________________
  #27  
Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
DR has not revealed much about the contents: According to BB, Alexandra will drop a hint that from the onset of their relationship "someone" did not exactly wish them the best .....
Does is she refering to her relationship with Martin?
__________________

  #28  
Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Does is she refering to her relationship with Martin?
IMO it would be odd if she didn't!
One of us (the Danish TRF-members) will let you know as soon as possible!
__________________
  #29  
Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
It isn't my impression that she expresses more nor less worrying then other parents would express if they were asked the same kind of stupid questions by Billedbladet as she was........

But you are right about this being entertainment..............and that is all it is about...
I am sort of disappointed in her. So far she behaved with class. What on earth does she have to talk about with the media?. Whatever happened with her marriage divorce and remarriage is in the past. Now it is her time to be a private citizen and enjoy the peace and quiet.
__________________
  #30  
Old 11-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I am sort of disappointed in her. So far she behaved with class. What on earth does she have to talk about with the media?. Whatever happened with her marriage divorce and remarriage is in the past. Now it is her time to be a private citizen and enjoy the peace and quiet.
I think it is to soon to be disappointed .

So far non of us knows what will be said in the interview. I would be very surprised if she is anything else but the professional Princess/Countess she has alwayes been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
This week's issue of Billed-Bladet is speculationg whether the timing of the interview is a coincidence (with the announcement of Marie's pregnancy): Royal author & pundit Jon Bloch Skipper suggests that Alexandra may find it's about time to underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. Or something to that effect.
I have just watched the programe on DR1. Jon Bloch Skipper was right. Alexandra did underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. She said they are very, very good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
According to BB, Alexandra will drop a hint that from the onset of their relationship "someone" did not exactly wish them the best .....

whatever that means will perhaps be revealed tonight ... !
I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I for one do not expect some discount Bashir-like stunt. Countess Alexandra is supposedly too clever for that!
She was as I expected. Intelligent, reflecting, loyal, warm and professionel. The exact same wonderful person she has alwayes been
__________________
  #31  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I have just watched the programe on DR1. Jon Bloch Skipper was right. Alexandra did underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. She said they are very, very good friends.



I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media .



She was as I expected. Intelligent, reflekting, warm and professionel. The exact same wonderful person she has alwayes been
Thank you so much, Lilla! From what I have read in these translations of the Danish articles, it sounds like the press doesn't always have a neutral opinion of Alexandra.
__________________
  #32  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I have just watched the programe on DR1. Jon Bloch Skipper was right. Alexandra did underline that her relationship with Joachim is fine. She said they are very, very good friends.



I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media .



She was as I expected. Intelligent, reflekting, warm and professionel. The exact same wonderful person she has alwayes been

Oh Lilla I am so happy!. At first read it seemed like something sinister was going to come out of this interview. She looked relaxed and although I did not understand a word she said, she seemed at peace with whatever is going on.
She also looks much younger than her years. How long has she been in Danemark? Is her Danish as good as it sounds? I am impressed.
__________________
  #33  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Thank you so much, Lilla! From what I have read in these translations of the Danish articles, it sounds like the press doesn't always have a neutral opinion of Alexandra.
They don't. They are trying very hard to make money on stories that doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
How long has she been in Danemark? Is her Danish as good as it sounds? I am impressed.
She has lived in Denmark for 13 years. I the interview she said - when asked - that she is dreaming and thinking in Danish and has done so for quit some years.

And yes her Danish is excelent. She has got a slight accent - but I noticed that her pronauncation of the word "hård" is perfect. That word is hard for people - not born in Denmark - to pronaunce correct because of the guteral sound in both the H and the Å.
__________________
  #34  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
She has lived in Denmark for 13 years. I the interview seh said - when asked - that she is dreaming and thinking in Danish and has done so fo quit some years.

And yes her Danish is excelent. She has got a slight accent - but I noticed that her pronauncation of the word "hård" is perfect. That word is hard for people - not born in Denmark - to pronaunce correct because of the guteral sound in both the H and the Å.
Thanks Lilla. 13 years is not too long a time to learn a language as difficult as Danish is reputed to be. Forget the pronunciation, there are so many people speaking a language to perfection and still cannot master certain nuances. What was the occasion for this interview?

Thank you Alex. I wish I could understand what she was saying. She seemed so relaxed and pleasant.
__________________
  #35  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I must say BB has been speculating in quit the wrong direction. It was not a "someone" but "some". AND the "some" are the media .
Exactly!

Still, one question remains: Why did Countess Alexandra choose to "go public" now; she didn't actually spill any beans about anything! IMO if there were an agenda, it was to stress that she and Joachim has a good relationship. In other words: a warning to the media not to stir up any
animosity for the sake of the headlines.

Oh and by the way: maybe it was just a slip of the tongue: When talking about the deliberations leading up to the split, Alexandra used the word I; when I decided etc. ....a few sentences later, she referred to the separation as a joint decision!
__________________
  #36  
Old 11-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Oh and by the way: maybe it was just a slip of the tongue: When talking about the deliberations leading up to the split, Alexandra used the word I; when I decided etc. ....a few sentences later, she referred to the separation as a joint decision!
I noticed that as well and I don't think it was a slip of the tongue.

She was talking about her own thoughts. She can not include Joachim when talking about her thoughts. She is not the representative of what went on inside Joachims brain at the time. Only Joachim can talk about his thoughts.

In other words she takes responsibility for her own thoughts by using I; when I decide etc. At the same time she refrains from taking responsibility for the thoughts Joachim had. The latter simply isn't her business to talk about. If the interviewer wants to know about Joachims thoughts - he can ask Joachim.

I don't see any paradox when she later on is talking about the separation as a joint decision. That decision wasn't about what was going on inside the brain on the persons involved. It was a decision she an Joachim reached together - and as so talked about. They concurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
What was the occasion for this interview?
Well, there wasn't really any. So it is up to your interpretation.

My interpretation is that she simply wanted everybody to know that everything is fine. The reason: To prevent the media in specutating "negativly" now that her ex is expecting a child with his present wife Princess Marie.
__________________
  #37  
Old 11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Well, there wasn't really any. So it is up to your interpretation.

My interpretation is that she simply wanted everybody to know that everything is fine. The reason: To prevent the media in specutating "negativly" now that her ex is expecting a child with his present wife Princess Marie.

I suppose this is as good a reason as any. Perhaps the boys also need some reassurances from both parents now that Marie is expecting a baby.
Glad everything went well.
__________________
  #38  
Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Anna Z.'s Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zilina, Slovakia
Posts: 51
I cannot speak Danish, but I can speak a little bit of Swedish and I think I understood a few things. I think she said that the next best thing after a happy marriage is a friendly divorce. True And I think he asked her whether she wanted any more children, and she said that if it happens it happens. Did I get that right?
__________________
"Where did you get that hat?" - Prince Philip to Queen Elizabeth after her coronation
  #39  
Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I noticed that as well and I don't think it was a slip of the tongue.

She was talking about her own thoughts. She can not include Joachim when talking about her thoughts. She is not the representative of what went on inside Joachims brain at the time. Only Joachim can talk about his thoughts.

In other words she takes responsibility for her own thoughts by using I; when I decide etc. At the same time she refrains from taking responsibility for the thoughts Joachim had. The latter simply isn't her business to talk about. If the interviewer wants to know about Joachims thoughts - he can ask Joachim.

I don't see any paradox when she later on is talking about the separation as a joint decision. That decision wasn't about what was going on inside the brain on the persons involved. It was a decision she an Joachim reached together - and as so talked about. They concurred.
Can´t agree with Lilla more. Lilla, your analysis is very thorough and very logical!
__________________
  #40  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Hedvig's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Z. View Post
I cannot speak Danish, but I can speak a little bit of Swedish and I think I understood a few things. I think she said that the next best thing after a happy marriage is a friendly divorce. True And I think he asked her whether she wanted any more children, and she said that if it happens it happens. Did I get that right?
Yes, that's right.

She had a wonderful definition of love: I feel stronger when he is with me than when I am alone.
And it was very nice that she addressed the intervewer with "De".
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008 Mandy Current Events Archive 475 10-21-2008 02:50 PM
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 2: June 2007 - May 2008 Empress Current Events Archive 277 05-20-2008 09:52 AM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008 Julia Current Events Archive 506 03-23-2008 05:56 PM
Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 383 03-03-2007 11:42 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman palace poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]