The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
The Countess keeps her body very fit and trim and young looking. However the colour of the hair/the haircut or something else (can't make up my mind what it is) makes her looking more aged than she should.
That's just what I was thinking, the light blue eyeshadow is totally unflattering for a woman of her age and complexion, and the short haircut compliments her features, yet exposes her wrinkles and her age, a shame! she was much more youthful with her slightly longer hair!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully the hair will grow fast and her stylist will suggest a more flattering length next time there are scissors nearby. How old is the countess now?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Hopefully the hair will grow fast and her stylist will suggest a more flattering length next time there are scissors nearby. How old is the countess now?
She was born on 30 June 1964. She's 45 years old now.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Countess Alexandra looks lovely in pink and her new haircut looks okay. I prefer her bit longer hair. Hope her hair will grow back.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Finansloven forgylder de kongelige - Politiken.dk
If I am reading this correctly, Alexandra is going to get an increase of 100,000DK from the taxpayers, bringing her 'allowance' up to 2.1million DK. The article also says that, unlike the Royal Family, Alexandra of course will have to pay tax, since she gave up her tax-free status upon becoming a countess.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm just curious about whether this increase is designed to cover expenses related to her patronage work (travel, clothing, etc) or if this is a cost of living increase. Does anyone know?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I'm just curious about whether this increase is designed to cover expenses related to her patronage work (travel, clothing, etc) or if this is a cost of living increase. Does anyone know?
I would assume that it is more linked to a rise in the cost of living than her charity work, since she seems to be focussing more on her business career than anything else these days - however, I don't actually have a clue about how expensive it is living in Denmark, so I may be completely contradicted by a Danish member.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

How much is the DK in comparison to the USD?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
How much is the DK in comparison to the USD?

1 DK is 0.191 USD
100 DK is 19.2 USD
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Countess Alexandra, her husband Martin Jorgenson, and Princes Nikolai and Felix participated in the Ecco Walkathon in Copenhagen.
Alexandra: Besat af motion - Royalt - SE og HØR
The article says that the countess exercises everyday. She loves participating in this annual event, according to the article.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics from the Ecco walk, pic 1 is my
favourite of these, so happy and full of energy, and
Nikolai already is a perfect prince, if you look at pic 2

Countess Alexandra, Martin Joergensen, Prince Nikolai and
Prince Felix at this years Ecco Walkaton. The Walkaton is a
charity event to collect money to foundations, August 30

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **
Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is another photo and a short article (in French) of the Countess and her family at the Ecco walk:
La comtesse de Frederiksborg et ses fils Ã* l’Ecco Walkaton 2009 | Noblesse & Royautés
And another photo gallery with a short article:
http://www.sn.dk/artikel/14346:Sjael...nde-paa-gaatur
I love the lead photo in this article!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
1 DK is 0.191 USD
100 DK is 19.2 USD
So how much is the countess's allowance in usd?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So how much is the countess's allowance in usd?
It would be 403,852.84 US dollars.

Ekstra-Bladet has an article about Martin Jorgenson's documentary about Prince Nikolai. It asks whether or not he has shown too much of the young prince's life in the film. There was an informal poll asking this question, and most of the respondents have been saying no. Apparently, the film company that Jorgenson is involved in has produced many documentaries about the royal family over the years. You can see the list of them in the article.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/nationen/article1215321.ece
Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra and Martin took Nikolai and Felix to an exhibition at the Hans Christian Andersen house, and later to the premiere of "The Wild Swans", which was the film whose costumes were designed by Queen Margrethe:
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1314054:...image=12#image
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1314054:...image=11#image
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1314054:...image=15#image

Martin Jorgenson met Queen Margrethe at this event:
Queen Margrethe: Work as an Artist and Scenographer
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1314054:...image=33#image
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=62006
Old 09-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

I still don't like alex's new hairstyle, it makes her look more close to 50, than 35, when she had a chin length style.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Courtier

The boys are so cute. It is very a nice of the Queen to greet Alexandra and Martin.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I still don't like alex's new hairstyle, it makes her look more close to 50, than 35, when she had a chin length style.
I agree, do not like the new hairstyle. Lovely that Margrethe met Martin.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe she believes the old story about taking years off your face with a short hairdo?? It goes for many women, but I agree, it's not the best suggestion Alexandra's hairdresser has come up with!

Viv
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Countess Alexandra and Martin Jorgenson are purchasing a vacation home in Turkey, according to these articles:
Alex og Martin: Husejere i Tyrkiet - MSN Starlounge
Alex og Martin har købt hus i Tyrkiet - Royale - BT.dk

The home costs 1.5 million kroner, and is in a holiday home development owned by Denis Knudsen. There are other Danes that own homes in the area. It comes with a whirlpool, Danish TV, air conditioning, and a large outdoor play area for Nikolai and Felix. The home is in a development called Reme's Oasis Club in Alanya, Turkey.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra