Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha...................it is nice knowing that I an surrounded by people who is a lot more observant than I :ROFLMAO:

......but there is still room for a little bitty tiny wondering - her e-mail adress is .eu and not .dk

This doesn´t disturb me at all.
I don´t see anything wrong because Denmark is a member of EU.
Choosing .eu shows more openness and more internationality. She isn´t trying to hide her connection with Denmark. Every visitor to that website, even people who haven´t heard of her before, can easily get the information that she is a former Danish princess.

This doesn´t disturb me at all.
I don´t see anything wrong because Denmark is a member of EU.
Choosing .eu shows more openness and more internationality. She isn´t trying to hide her connection with Denmark. Every visitor to that website, even people who haven´t heard of her before, can easily get the information that she is a former Danish princess.

Well - it doesn't disturb me eithter. I like youre analysis though:flowers: and that was what my wondering was about:rolleyes:

Very nice pictures. She looks happy:flowers:. I really miss her as a princess of Denmark.

she looks terrific - and so does Martin. Lovely looking couple. Yes I miss her too for some reason she really interests me, can't put my finger on why..maybe it's the very dignified way in which she handled her divorce..can't have been easy. Classy lady, this one.

Just wondering, is Alexandra's website affiliated with the royal house? It seems that the information on it is similar to what was the DRF's official website.

I guess above all it is a method to provide information about her patronage activities, it was getting hard to find info about when she would be attending events after her info was no longer included on the DRF's site.

Alexandra's connection to Lowell Chang

Any idea how Princess Alexandra was linked to Lowell Chang?

ALEXANDRA

Please scroll down to Chapter 5.
Frederik went to Hongkong to visit his brother. A businessman called Lowell Chang, a friend of Prince Henrik, invited both Joachim and Frederik to his dinner party.
Alexandra was among other guests of Lowell Chang.

From this description we don´t know exactly if Frederik was also there, but it´s very possible because he was invited. And it seemed that Frederik´s visit to Hongkong was the reason why Lowell Chang gave this dinner party for both princes.

Just wondering, is Alexandra's website affiliated with the royal house? It seems that the information on it is similar to what was the DRF's official website.

I guess above all it is a method to provide information about her patronage activities, it was getting hard to find info about when she would be attending events after her info was no longer included on the DRF's site.

I'm sure the DRF will have vetted and approved it. And that looks like Queen Margrethe's artistic hand on the crest doesn't it? It's a nice understated site - the only boast is that Alex learned Danish quickly! ;)

I'm sure the DRF will have vetted and approved it. And that looks like Queen Margrethe's artistic hand on the crest doesn't it? It's a nice understated site - the only boast is that Alex learned Danish quickly! ;)

Alexandra's crest (the A with a crown on) was actually made by Joachim when they married. The only change afterwards is changing the royal crown to a "countess" crown.

Came across a lovely picture from Alexandra's recent event at "movies for the blind" picture gallery of Alexandra & Martin. Must say, she looks better than ever, a very cute outfit too.

I love her outfit too. Thanks for the pictures.

Am I right in thinking that it's today that she will visit the Foundation for Support Against Infant Deaths, and on Thursday the Presentation of the Gerda Award?

Last edited by a moderator:
Came across a lovely picture from Alexandra's recent event at "movies for the blind" picture gallery of Alexandra & Martin. Must say, she looks better than ever, a very cute outfit too.

Thanks for the link, great pictures!
Alexandra looks wonderful! She looks so young in the pictures!
I am happy to see that both Alexandra and Joachim have found their happiness.

I think that it is ridiculous to expect her to give up her annual government sum just because she gets a job. Now that she is remarried, alex is paying taxes on that income. She is paying for the expenses of raising TWO royal princes. The Danish government supports the royal family they should support the expenses of the two young boys at least until they finish college. She should go out and earn money to support herself.

I dont agree on that. Education is free in Denmark so I cant see a reason why she should get that much money, when other people in Denmark have difficulties buying chrismas presents and so on for their children.
Thats just my oppinion.

I dont agree on that. Education is free in Denmark so I cant see a reason why she should get that much money, when other people in Denmark have difficulties buying chrismas presents and so on for their children.
Thats just my oppinion.

People having difficulties buying chrismas presents hasn't got anything to do with the money Alexandre gets. Not at all. It only has somthing to do with the social- and labour market politics of Denmark. Mixing her appanage into thise political issues is bad judgement.

As politics isn't something to be discussed her on TRF - I can't deepen my statement further.

I love the picture of Countess Alexandra on her new own homepage... It is great to have the possibility to read about her activities, etc. on her own homepage. I like - no - I love it...

I love the picture of Countess Alexandra on her new own homepage... It is great to have the possibility to read about her activities, etc. on her own homepage. I like - no - I love it...

I don't particulary like the picture, but it is nice to know when her next events will be.

Alexandra considers to vote according to B-B (article in Danish)

it says that when she was a princess she had no right in voting but now as she is no longer a princess she has the right to vote in the upcoming general elections. The translation wasnt too good, so im not sure of they start/end on Nov 13

Alexandra considers to vote according to B-B (article in Danish)

it says that when she was a princess she had no right in voting but now as she is no longer a princess she has the right to vote in the upcoming general elections. The translation wasnt too good, so im not sure of they start/end on Nov 13
The royals actually can vote - traditionally, they just do not use this right.:)

I think that if she respect her former family she shout never cast her vote
when ther is an election her in Denmark.

What a weird statement. She is a citizen in a democratic society. It is her right to vote - and I certainly hope she will use that right.

I don't particulary like the picture, but it is nice to know when her next events will be.

Neither do I. That picture doesn´t look good. I hope that there will be a photo gallery on her new homepage. She used to have a photo gallery documenting her activities on the DRF homepage.

I think that if she respect her former family she shout never cast her vote
when ther is an election her in Denmark.

What is the relation between going to vote and not respecting the royal family?
Alexandra is just a normal citizen now. She pays tax and if she also votes, that´s just a very natural thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the relation between going to vote and not respecting the royal family?
Alexandra is just a normal citizen now. She pays tax and if she also votes, that´s just a very natural thing.

The ralation between voting and not respecting the royal family is that the royal family don´t vote at all and since Alexandra has her children who are royals then she shoud not be voting i think.
I don´t think that the Rosenborg family vote either so why shoud she do it ?

The ralation between voting and not respecting the royal family is that the royal family don´t vote at all and since Alexandra has her children who are royals then she shoud not be voting i think.

Maybe it has to do with the idea that on voting you express your feeling that in reality the citizens all together are the real souverain, they are those whose opinion counts while the monarch only does what parliament tells him or her. So out of courtesy members of the RF never vote, even if they can/could.

It's always a bit difficult to include both democracy and monarchy in one state and voting is the point where it shows the most. But as Alexandra left the Royal family it is her right to vote and not only her right but her obligation as a citizen. IMHO.

Voting is the way in which, we as citizens, exercise and support the most fundamental princip in a democracy. If one don't know whom to vote for, one can at least give af blank vote and thereby still support the democratic idea.

If the Rosenborgs don't vote - IMO they don't preforme the most essentiel duty they have towards the danish society.

Martin looks so young.

I however do not see what a 26-27 year old photographer has to offer a 40-year old well educated mother of two aside from his good lucks (More power to Countess Alex for getting a much younger man, I am sure they are in love and in lust). Surely he is a young man without a lot of life experiences. I suppose he is not a threat in anyway to her and she does not have a take a backseat to him.

Last edited:
Times2222, you're entitled to your opinion of course, but your judgment seems a bit unfair: after all, we don't really know Martin all that well. What's certain though is that as a camera/documentary technician, he's seen more parts of the world than most people. Rendering him interesting no doubt. Plus the couple undoubtedly has interests in common besides just that.

I however do not see what a 26-27 year old photographer has to offer a 40-year old well educated mother of two aside from his good lucks (More power to Countess Alex for getting a much younger man, I am sure they are in love and in lust). Surely he is a young man without a lot of life experiences. I suppose he is not a threat in anyway to her and she does not have a take a backseat to him.

And from which part of the galaxy did this strange notion suddenly appear?
If Martin didn't have anything to offer Alexandra - she wouldn't have married him. Why should she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom