Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks amazing!!! She has the body many in their 20s and 30s would love to have. She looks great. I wish her all the best!

Maybe she/they decided to take one bigger photosession now when they(press) found them (=no privacy) and after hooneymoon no more things like this...

Last edited:
Binz said:
:cool: I thought Alex wanted more privacy? :lol:

If you would have looked carefully, Binz, you would have noticed that those are the same photos first taken when the press found out where the couple were honeymooning. The slight difference however, is that some are clearly intrusive paparazzi photos of the children and the couple whereupon the phototags used a long telephoto lens.

GlitteringTiaras said:
If you would have looked carefully, Binz, you would have noticed that those are the same photos first taken when the press found out where the couple were honeymooning. The slight difference however, is that some are clearly intrusive paparazzi photos of the children and the couple whereupon the phototags used a long telephoto lens.

Believe me I've seen more then enough pictures from this honeymoon. In my meaningless opinion there are three sets of pictures that were done with the agreement of this couple. One set for Billed Bladet at the beach, a total different set for Her & nu at the hotel and the boys feeding some fish and a third set with Alex and Martin again at the beach. At least one of the pictures from the third set shown by this norwegian paper are printed in Point de Vue too. Alex wore three different, though somewhat similar outfits. In addition I've seen a lot paparazzi photos mostly seen at the website of this norwegian paper and elsewhere.

To me privacy and trying to protect privacy is something different. Other people are free to think and feel different of course.

I agree with you Binz. Some pictures were taken from a long distance , but I believe that they posted for most of them. They posted for 3 different magazines( billed bladet,her og nu and point de vieu). many royals let the press take some rictures of them during their holidays , Joachim did the same with the boys and marie Cavallier but just once not three time!
I don't think this is the best way to protect your privacy.:sad:

All I know is that I would hate to be in that sort of 'fishbowl'. I think people are extraordinarily judgmental of a situation they really know nothing about. I am sure Alexandra knows that her life is always going to be of some interest to someone and the more spectacular a news story is, the more people will read and comment on it. For all we really know, she could be extremely upset at the intrusion of the press on her honeymoon. She is and has always been very media-savvy and has chosen, for whatever reason, to be pleasant and gracious to the press, and why not? There are certainly those who do not (check out some of the Dutch royals) and they are criticized for it. I really do have to admire people who are able to handle that sort of attention. I certainly would not be able to do it that well myself and I think it does not behoove anyone to pass judgment unless they can claim similar experiences.

There haven't been any any engagements since the wedding. She certainly is keeping a lower profile.

I don't think that keeping a low profile and making engagement are connected. The engagements are part of her job as long as she is paid by the goverment and takes almost the same amount of money(1.8 million DK) as Joachim and Benedikte.

does somebody know If she has Lady in Wating?

I´m still speculating whether she´s pregnant....I always seem to see some little belly on her...

its so nice to see her back in business. i missed seeing her. . .

elle said:
its so nice to see her back in business. i missed seeing her. . .
Same here. She oozes such cool sophistication always..always interesting to follow her so to speak.

Wonder though..if she doesn't get a lady in waiting any longer..and has to pony up from her own, diminished budget also for stuff such as driver,c ar, etc etc (although her organizations she's patron of could help out there)..how much longer this royal job of hers is going to stay attractive for her..

also, since she's now <officially> out of that family, how attractive is she, or will she be long term, to organizations as a figure head?

And yes, I also spotted a little belly. Not to bring up a tired subject, but it's indeed possible she married for exactly that reason.

Thanks for the picture norwegianne :flowers: She looks fab.

princess olga said:
Not to bring up a tired subject, but it's indeed possible she married for exactly that reason.
No, it's not. It was said at the time that the guests were told 3 months before the wedding to clear the calendar, meaning 2 months before that tabloid found out about the wedding preparations. If Alexandra and Martin planned their wedding because she was pregnant then - with that time schedule in mind - she should be at least in her 5th month. If not more. Unlikely, no? ;)

Ms Griffin said:
Thanks for the picture norwegianne :flowers: She looks fab.

No, it's not. It was said at the time that the guests were told 3 months before the wedding to clear the calendar, meaning 2 months before that tabloid found out about the wedding preparations. If Alexandra and Martin planned their wedding because she was pregnant then - with that time schedule in mind - she should be at least in her 5th month. If not more. Unlikely, no? ;)

Good point! I'd never actually thought abou this (I know this was actually to Ms. Griffin) but now you say that, yes, I agree.
I wonder if the angle of that phto with the belly was taken not just because of balloons, but in the hope of a bump?

Thanks for the information; It´s logic, that Now Alexandra doesn´t have Lady in Waiting.

norwegianne said:
Alexandra's first engagement after the wedding: International Parkinson Day on April 11: http://www.billedbladet.dk/adm/pics/0000000000016alex.jpg

Alexandra cuts the rope to get the day started in Copenhagen (balloons were involved, I think, which is why the angle is so odd.): http://www.parkinson.dk/fundanemt/site_graphics/Alexandra/11._april_8_360x480.jpg

Alexandra with the Chairman of the Danish Parkinson Association: http://www.parkinson.dk/fundanemt/site_graphics/Alexandra/11._april_5_360x270.jpg

Since Alexandra doesn't have access to the Royal cars any more, Billed Bladet reports that a friend of Martin has taken to being the chauffeur when she needs a car with a driver. She has also hired a secretary to help her out twice a week.

Her smile in first photo says everything- she's happy ! She's radiant and blooming! It's not important if she's princess :flowers:of Denmark or countess of Freidriksborg - she still remains herself- an graceful woman!

Nice pictures of the countess and her new hubsand and the boys being on the beach together.It is nice to see she happy even though she is not a princess anymore but no a countess.Alexandra seems to take everything in stride and grace she is a remarkable woman period there is no denying. I am also happy to see her being a parton to worthy causes helping those poor and cheering up those who are sick that is a wondeful thing.

She hasn't got a driving-licence?

magnik said:
She hasn't got a driving-licence?

Sure she does. There have been several pictures of her taking Nikolai to school.

Perhaps she needs a driver on business occasions so she doesn't have to worry about parking the car and she's able to leave after her official events are done. Just my opinion.

-Ayvee

ayvee said:
Sure she does. There have been several pictures of her taking Nikolai to school.

Perhaps she needs a driver on business occasions so she doesn't have to worry about parking the car and she's able to leave after her official events are done. Just my opinion.

-Ayvee

And don't they tend to drive up to the door, disembark, and then the driver goes to park? Also I think its just convenient for her as well, if she visited a smaller place without a carpark and had to walk fomr the nearest public parking spcae (though I'm aware most of these palces do have parking, but I've seen a few where they don't).

..meanwhile I can't help but wondering..What is Alexandra planning to do with the rest of her life? Why doesn't one of her former patronages offer her something suitable (well maybe they have).

I mean, she is still young-ish, has a few more decades to go in which she can be productive, she can't keep on going cutting one ribbon once a month, now can she?! She seems to have too much energy for that kind of thing, plus the whole ribbon-cutting thing-ie, she's been there, done it, and moreover, it might well start to look a bit, well, rediculous in due course, as she's moving farther away from the whole royal radar screen.

LOL princess olga..

she was an investment banker or something that effect before she married Jochaim.. I'm not sure she could just pick up and bounce back into her career.. I think if she starts working with one of her patronges, it might look like she's favoring one over the other and the whole salary situation might a little hairy..
It's good that she's moving away from the royal radar screen as she should in due course because the future wife of Jochaim will be given the same status as Alexandra and you really don't want two women in there regardless of how amicable they are together..

gudeeya said:
LOL princess olga..
what's so funny? I meant it seriously :flowers:

gudeeya said:
she was an investment banker or something that effect before she married Jochaim.. I'm not sure she could just pick up and bounce back into her career..
I'm not suggesting or saying she should try to go back to her old pre-Joachim turf..wouldn't work indeed. But that doesn't mean she should cut ribbons for the rest of her days!

gudeeya said:
I think if she starts working with one of her patronges, it might look like she's favoring one over the other and the whole salary situation might a little hairy..
It's good that she's moving away from the royal radar screen as she should in due course because the future wife of Jochaim will be given the same status as Alexandra and you really don't want two women in there regardless of how amicable they are together..
That's not the point of my question - my point is, she will want to do <something> with her life, whether or not Joachim remarries twenty times! And I bet you this is not a woman content with cutting one ribbon once in a blue moon for the rest of her existence. And what exactly would she want to do? Something PR related perhaps? Because I agree with you it's a bit of a hairy situation..

She seams to have put some weight, she was very thin so we can notice that!! She looks a bit common to me, that skirt and jacket are awful and yes she has a litlle belly we can notice that! She should have some kinf of "Lady in waiting" that helps her with the protocol, with the dressing thing etc etc. Her hair doesn't look good to me either!

biboquinhas said:
She seams to have put some weight, she was very thin so we can notice that!! She looks a bit common to me, that skirt and jacket are awful and yes she has a litlle belly we can notice that! She should have some kinf of "Lady in waiting" that helps her with the protocol, with the dressing thing etc etc. Her hair doesn't look good to me either!
agree the skirt and jacket, as well as the hair look a bit amateurish..:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom