Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sjællandske | Nyheder fra region Sjælland
I've just come across this article, but my free translator gives a load of nonsense - could some kind Danish speaker please give a summary? Thanks so much!
The article says: Alexandra is doing her duty. Although she has left the royal family, Alexandra is very busy with her 14 protections. While the Crown prince couple has spent much time abroad in China OL and in Australia, Alexandra has had just a vacation together with her kids. Queen Margrethe has had 23 official appearances in three months, CP Frederik just 14 and some of them together with CP Mary. Princess Marie is seen very rarely, as she is attending "princess school" guided by Per Thornit. So Alexandra gets almost all attention on the home stage. Recently Alexandra attended the walkathlon as she has faithfully done every year.

I was wondering about this. What part of Copenhagen do Alexandra, Martin, and the boys live in?

Her address is (from her website):
"H.E. The Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg
Svanemøllevej 15, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark" - I believe it's near Ryvangen Naturpark? Maybe some Danish members could help?

She lives in the part of Copenhagen called Østerbro (CPH East). Many countries have their embassy on Østerbro. Close to Alexandras adress is for instance the Chinese embassy - and yes Ryvangen Naturpark is also close to her adress.

Østerbro is nice and peacefull. I live on Østerbo and couldn't dream of moving anywhere else.

Thank you for the link, Hedvig! Was the photo that accompanies this article taken in Austria during the visit?

I'd be interested to know that too!

Thank you for the link, Hedvig! Was the photo that accompanies this article taken in Austria during the visit?

I am not sure. Can it be so warm in Austria at this time of the year?
svenskdamtidning.se has a different picture, but I'm not sure whether this is from the actual visit either. Maybe you recognize it form some other event?

Excuse me for gatecrashing on the discussion :)! Having been in Vienna a forthnight ago - for the first week of October -- I can definetely say that their outfits are far too summery for Vienna in this time of the year! That said we did have some pleasant days with day temp. between 15-20C, but the air was still cool and autumn-like!

I am quit certain that the pictures from both Se&hør and Svensk Dam Tidningen are from Copenhagen. The street in the first photo is definatly danish, the pavement looks like pavements in DK and there is a parking meter exactly like the ones in Copenhagen. In the second photo the brickwall behind Alexandra is definatly a Danish brickwall.

Vienna and Copenhagen are so different that it simply isn't possible to find a street, a pavement or a brickwall like the ones on the photoes in Vienna.

I know so because I live in Copenhagen and has visited Vienna several times.

These two article put an end to Se og Hors article of the 18th, that Alexandra has let down her parents by not seeing them for six months and therefore not letting her grandchildren speak to them (have Se og Hor not heard of the telephone):
http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Alex%20svigter%20far.aspx

I believe the photo from Se og Hor is them taking the children to school - I just seem to remember that white jacket from several photos of her taking the children to school with Martin and if you look at these photos, it seems to be the same place:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/NikolaiKrebs2-7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/NikolaiKrebs.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/JandA.jpg

By the way, is this article just about Alexandra getting a parking ticket?
http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/Alexandra ulovlig parkeing.aspx

Thanks Hedvig - I have to say I'm impressed! Judging by your location, you're Latvian, yet you speak Danish and English!

Thank you, Lilla and Hedvig! I tried to figure it out, but I have never had the opportunity to visit either Vienna or Copenhagen, so it was difficult to tell from the photos.

(have Se og Hor not heard of the telephone)

Obviosly not, nor - it seems - have Se & Hør heard of e-mail.

By the way, is this article just about Alexandra getting a parking ticket?

It is and the tone is rater condemnatory.

My experience is that it is impossible to live in Copenhagen, having a car....and not getting parking tickets. Paying 510 DKK once in a while is simply an underlying condition of living here, whether one is a former princess or not. So far I have payed my share..............:viking:

Anyway if Alexandra got a parking ticket she would have to pay. After her divorce from Joachim, she is no longer above Danish law.

erm..Am I the only one thinking that Alexandra could have been
visiting her parents in Vienna earlier, without the press finding out??

Does anyone know whether she is being surveilled 24/7 by the
gutter press??
Lilla?

erm..Am I the only one thinking that Alexandra could have been
visiting her parents in Vienna earlier, without the press finding out??

Well, she could have.

Anyway, if she didn't - there can be thousand of reasons why not. It might be because her parents were to busy.........

Does anyone know whether she is being surveilled 24/7 by the
gutter press??
Lilla?

I don't know. But I really don't think she is. If she was, I would have seen paparazzias outside her home. Untill about ½ year ago I used to bike by on my way to work and from work..........I never saw anybody.

(Now I am working at another address).

Obviosly not, nor - it seems - have Se & Hør heard of e-mail.

It is and the tone is rater condemnatory.

My experience is that it is impossible to live in Copenhagen, having a car....and not getting parking tickets. Paying 510 DKK once in a while is simply an underlying condition of living here, whether one is a former princess or not. So far I have payed my share..............:viking:

Anyway if Alexandra got a parking ticket she would have to pay. After her divorce from Joachim, she is no longer above Danish law.

Wow! They actually wrote a condemnatory article on a parking ticket??!! And I suppose there is absolutely nobody at this magazine that has ever gotten a parking ticket:ROFLMAO::whistling:. There must be a news drought in Denmark ;).

Wow! They actually wrote a condemnatory article on a parking ticket??!! And I suppose there is absolutely nobody at this magazine that has ever gotten a parking ticket:ROFLMAO::whistling:. There must be a news drought in Denmark ;).

And it's not even an article about how she got a parking ticket, just one about how she might have got a parking ticket!:rolleyes:

And it's not even an article about how she got a parking ticket, just one about how she might have got a parking ticket!:rolleyes:

Really?!!!! Wow! They must really be struggling to cover something. How sad....:lol:

Is someone going to say something about the ill fitting tights trousers??
I hope I am not the only one seeing things.:whistling:

Since this thread has now far surpassed 10 pages, it's time to close it and start a new one. The new therad can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom