The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM

As far as the board position, I only saw what was posted on the Danish Royal Watchers blog. From there, I gathered that the official line from the company is that Alexandra is to help them practice their business (selling pharmaceuticals?) socially, environmentally,humanely responsible ways. I think it could be very interesting to watch this develop, indeed, and it seems like a great oppurtunity for her. My only concern is that, if she takes on a salaried position, does it seem fair that she continue to draw a pension from the Danish Civil List? My understanding was that the intention is to give her this money for the rest of her life, but she is now to have a salaried position, does that change the arrangement?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
.. My only concern is that, if she takes on a salaried position, does it seem fair that she continue to draw a pension from the Danish Civil List? My understanding was that the intention is to give her this money for the rest of her life, but she is now to have a salaried position, does that change the arrangement?
Very interesting question indeed - maybe some of our Danish members can help weigh in on this one.

My take would be that, if Alexandra would continue to accumulate board seats like this one, at some point the Danish people would say: that's great, but out with the government's financial support!

I'm speculating that Alexandra is hoping something bigger will grow out of such board seats, at which point it would be a real job and she could cease to be dependent on the government's very generous handout to her.

Or, may she be feeling entitled to that nice annual government sum granted to her on her divorce, because she might see it as a settlement that her ex-in laws, them not being a very wealthy royal family, weren't able to afford?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
Or, may she be feeling entitled to that nice annual government sum granted to her on her divorce, because she might see it as a settlement that her ex-in laws, them not being a very wealthy royal family, weren't able to afford?
I do think it's possible that the Civil List annuity is something like her divorce settlement. Most Danish articles say it is something 1 (point something) kronen and then the English articles estimate that it comes out to approx. $300,000 which seems reasonable enough.... but I have no idea what it means for the Danish taxpayers. I have also considered that this money is thought necessary, not only to cover the expenses of her charitable works, but also because she is the mother of The Queen's grandsons, with whatever kind of security expenses that creates; although probably the Royal Household provides for their security completely.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

There's a video from DR that I think gives information about the job - unfortunately it's in Danish, and all I can understand are the cognates such as medicalkoncern and some familiar words like grevinde Alexandra:
Grevinde Alexandra får bestyrelsespost - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Not sure if this has been posted before - but according to BilledBladet Alexandra has got herself a new website - Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before - but according to BilledBladet Alexandra has got herself a new website - Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg
Thank a lot UserDane.

I find it interesting that her website is only written in english and that the e-mail adress ends with .ue not .dk.

It will be interesting to follow how this website is going to develope over time.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Thank a lot UserDane.

I find it interesting that her website is only written in english and that the e-mail adress ends with .ue not .dk.

It will be interesting to follow how this website is going to develope over time.
If you press the Danish link you'll get it in Danish...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
If you press the Danish link you'll get it in Danish...
Aha...................it is nice knowing that I an surrounded by people who is a lot more observant than I

......but there is still room for a little bitty tiny wondering - her e-mail adress is .eu and not .dk
Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

I don´t like Alexandra the new website, because the red color, is dificult read.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post

I think that it is ridiculous to expect her to give up her annual government sum just because she gets a job. Now that she is remarried, alex is paying taxes on that income. She is paying for the expenses of raising TWO royal princes. The Danish government supports the royal family they should support the expenses of the two young boys at least until they finish college. She should go out and earn money to support herself.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I don´t like Alexandra the new website, because the red color, is dificult read.
I agree, they could have chosen a better colour scheme.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Aha...................it is nice knowing that I an surrounded by people who is a lot more observant than I

......but there is still room for a little bitty tiny wondering - her e-mail adress is .eu and not .dk
This doesn´t disturb me at all.
I don´t see anything wrong because Denmark is a member of EU.
Choosing .eu shows more openness and more internationality. She isn´t trying to hide her connection with Denmark. Every visitor to that website, even people who haven´t heard of her before, can easily get the information that she is a former Danish princess.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
This doesn´t disturb me at all.
I don´t see anything wrong because Denmark is a member of EU.
Choosing .eu shows more openness and more internationality. She isn´t trying to hide her connection with Denmark. Every visitor to that website, even people who haven´t heard of her before, can easily get the information that she is a former Danish princess.
Well - it doesn't disturb me eithter. I like youre analysis though and that was what my wondering was about
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

October 31. 2007
Countess Alexandra at the movies for the blind photos by
Søren Steffen
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

Very nice pictures. She looks happy. I really miss her as a princess of Denmark.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

she looks terrific - and so does Martin. Lovely looking couple. Yes I miss her too for some reason she really interests me, can't put my finger on why..maybe it's the very dignified way in which she handled her divorce..can't have been easy. Classy lady, this one.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Majesty

i don't know if this information was posted, but alexandra has a new (official?) webpage as the countess of frederiksborg:

Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Gentry

Just wondering, is Alexandra's website affiliated with the royal house? It seems that the information on it is similar to what was the DRF's official website.

I guess above all it is a method to provide information about her patronage activities, it was getting hard to find info about when she would be attending events after her info was no longer included on the DRF's site.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Commoner

Alexandra's connection to Lowell Chang

Any idea how Princess Alexandra was linked to Lowell Chang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike View Post
ALEXANDRA

Please scroll down to Chapter 5.
Frederik went to Hongkong to visit his brother. A businessman called Lowell Chang, a friend of Prince Henrik, invited both Joachim and Frederik to his dinner party.
Alexandra was among other guests of Lowell Chang.

From this description we don´t know exactly if Frederik was also there, but it´s very possible because he was invited. And it seemed that Frederik´s visit to Hongkong was the reason why Lowell Chang gave this dinner party for both princes.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Martin looks so young.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra