Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! He is really starting to look more like his Dad every day!

Lovely pictures of Christian. I loved that Mary takes the pictures and shares them. :flowers::flowers:

In this picture he reminds me a lot of Frederik, in the way he is siting
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...an-otte-ar/hkh.+Prins+Christian+otte+år-2.img

Absolutely, it's totally like seeing Frederik, isn't? :) I think this is the first time I see so much Frederik in him. Since his birth I have always thought Christian has resembled Mary very much.

Or Birkelse Gods in Aabybro? It's owned by their good friends, the Skeel family. In photos, a river can be seen right next to the manor.
IIRC, it's about 50km from Trend.

It's a real good guess. Actually, I'm pretty sure that this may be the place. F+M and children usually visit the Skeel family during their holidays in Trend. Or maybe they simply keep their holiday with them. What a beautiful scenery around their estate!

He looks so much like Frederik in the first picture, but in the third he's all Mary. He's such a lovely boy and the pictures are so good, Mary is a great photographer. I love the one with Ziggy, she's been around Christian ever since he was born, so she must mean a lot to him.

Muhler, I think you are right about Birkelse Gods :)

Muhler, I think you are right about Birkelse Gods :)

Well, it was Nordic who came up with the suggestion and I think she's right. :)

And that makes it almost certain that M&F are in Trend right now. Perhaps they'll celebrate Christian's birthday on Saturday back home at Amalienborg? That seems more likely than interrupting their holiday. Because it is a bit far for most of Christian's friends to go from Copenhagen to Trend.

M&F may not have spend the night at Marselisborg at all.
I now tend to think the Regent Couple flew to Aarhus while M&F went by the ferry. In which case M&F drove to Aarhus, while the children and a nanny went ahead to Trend. With a PET officer as driver.
They would get there around bedtime for the twins at least.

That would also explain why M&F were a bit early for the event in Aarhus. Had they all left from Marselisborg they would have arrived within a couple of minutes of each other.

Back in Aarhus M&F and the Regent Couple would return to Marselisborg for a change of clothes and a light supper, before M&F drove on to Trend with PET trailing behind. (A seperate car for PET would be a necessity I believe). And they would get there late in the evening, perhaps in time for a little drink in front of the fireplace before going to bed. - The twins will no doubt ensure they don't sleep late anyway!

That would mean M&F could leave for Birkelse Gods (Gods = very large farm/small manor house) in the forenoon Saturday. Birkelse Gods is not far as the crow flies but it's on the other side of Limfjorden and on a Saturday? Say one hours drive. Time for a cosy lunch before going for a walk around the estate, while Mary photograph Christian in the garden next to the small river.

Thanks for the photos. :)

I agree with polyesco's comment about Christian sitting in a similar way to Frederik, but in general I think he resembles Mary more. I like how Mary takes the photos herself. The photo of Christian with Ziggy (who was a cute touch) is my favourite.

We natives have thrown names and places around and that's easy for us, but for those of you who are not that familiar with the Danish geography I have made this map, which show the various royals palaces and manors and other places that frequently pop up in regards to the DRF.
It may come in handy and I'll update it from time to time and repost when needed.

The file is pretty big however.

https://app.box.com/s/6dkvmx8abxohunxa0yfn

ADDED: It has already been updated. If you have requests for places to be added, just let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pics Roskilde. His hair has become darker too. He looks like he will grow into a lovely young man.

The map is a great idea thank you for that Muhler.

Muhler thank you very much for the map. It helps to visualise different homes and towns.

Thank you too to Roskilde and polyesco for the photos.

Christian really is growing up.

We natives have thrown names and places around and that's easy for us, but for those of you who are not that familiar with the Danish geography I have made this map, which show the various royals palaces and manors and other places that frequently pop up in regards to the DRF.
It may come in handy and I'll update it from time to time and repost when needed.

The file is pretty big however.

https://app.box.com/s/6dkvmx8abxohunxa0yfn

ADDED: It has already been updated. If you have requests for places to be added, just let me know.
mange tak Muhler! I seem to recall that Trend is a 'hunting lodge', which makes me think that it is somewhat rustic and perhaps in a forest somewhere. Do you perchance have any pictures of this magical place?:flowers:

Hard to believe Christian is eight! He's not a little kid anymore!

He's a really handsome boy with the best features from both his parents, IMO.

Roskilde,
Thank you for the pictures, he is sure going to a very good looking young man as he gets older. I remember him birth and the day Mary brought him home, he is one cute boy!

A big happy birthday to Christian :) As you probably know, Christian celebrates his birthday today. As always when M+F's children have birthdays mommy Mary has been behind their home camera and captured Christian in some lovely pictures and publiced them on the royal family's website.

Dear, he has grown so big, he's not a little boy anymore. He is such a fine mix of both Mary and Frederik.

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/prins-christian-otte-arbillede2.img
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/prins-christian-otte-arbillede3.img

He really does have some of the look of both parents.

Totally off topic but I notice the first photo is with the sun behind him, the same situation that caused such heavy criticism of Michael Middleton's photo of Prince George. These forums have now made me notice such silly non-important things :bang: instead of focusing completely on the important things - sweet royals!

The new edition of HerogNu informs that Frederik, Mary, children and dog spend this week together in the hunting lodge in Trend. Before Trend they were on a short visit at the family Skeel. So it fits perfectly with the birthday pictures of Christian are taken there. HER&NU

But I don't know from where the magazine has the information, I wonder if they call Lene Balleby and ask, or if they just guess like us?

Last edited:
:previous: I guess someone tipped them off.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2013.
Slik eller ballade - Trick or treat.
Written by our spooky reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Halloween is a new tradition that is slowly catching on here in DK. I'd say within the past five-ten years.
This year Christian and Bella dressed up and went from door to door. - Not close to their home at Amalienborg, but close to their school, which is located in Hellerup. Which again is a posh part of Copenhagen - so the neighborhood is pretty safe and a number of people in the circle of friends around the DRF live there. Among them Bent Fabricius Bjerre and Caroline Fleming.
In previous years Mary has followed her children around, but this year two unnamed adults accompanied them.
There are no photos nor any details as what the children wore.

I understand about the guards but I'm very surprise Mary wouldn't go,, pity we can't see the kids with there costumes, may be the have a costume that people would not recognize them.?

:previous: More likely that BB was tipped off afterwards.

Little boy heaven:flowers:

One of the perks of being a royal kid or teen is being able to all sports hero's and the cool musician getting the best seats in the house, of course .

Thanks, Polyesco :flowers:

Talk about two seriously delighted boys!
It sure got advantages being a royal child, - but being a freind of a royal child has it perks too, as we can see.

Seriously speaking though-as they get older they discover a lot of kids want to be your friend just because of the perks. Hard lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom