Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceflower said:

Prince Christian and Princess Isabella picked up from kindergarden by the nanny and security guard on June 15, 2011.

** ppe gallery **

She is adorable....they're both cute but her little skirt is adorable.....

I hope they are not hounded like this every day. I don't need to see this.

I hope that too although I wish to see these children:) But seems that in capital there isn't so much privacy when they lived in Fredensborg but obviously this is something they have to sacrifice... But I really hope that at least kids are not stalked like that every day......

http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-41228263:de-royale-tvillinger-skal-i-vuggestue.html
According to TV2 and Her & Nu, Vincent and Josephine will start in a nursery at some point during autumn. (I.e. from during the month of August and a few months ahead).
They will attend the nursery Humlebien = the Bumblebee in Gentofte about 1.5 kilometres from where Christian will start in school.

Humlebien is where Mary first presented her Free from Bullying in 2007.

- It's normal for children to start in a nursery at that age. They'll stay there until they are three years old, after which they are moved to a kindergarten and then at age six they start in preschool, 0 grade. Depending on maturity.
Then they'll start in 1. grade at the age of seven or so, usually in the same school.
The social skills developed when children are with other children at around the same age are bebeficial and at the same time they learn that they are no longer the centre of the universe.

ADDED: My guess is sometime after M&F return from the summercruise in August and after making sure Christian has settled at school.

Last edited:
De royale tvillinger skal i vuggestue - TV 2 Vip
According to TV2 and Her & Nu, Vincent and Josephine will start in a nursery at some point during autumn. (I.e. from during the month of August and a few months ahead).
They will attend the nursery Humlebien = the Bumblebee in Gentofte about 1.5 kilometres from where Christian will start in school.

- It's normal for children to start in a nursery at that age. They'll stay there until they are three years old, after which they are moved to a kindergarten and then at age six they start in preschool, 0 grade. Depending on maturity.
Then they'll start in 1. grade at the age of seven or so, usually in the same school.
The social skills developed when children are with other children at around the same age are bebeficial and at the same time they learn that they are no longer the centre of the universe.

ADDED: My guess is sometime after M&F return from the summercruise in August and after making sure Christian has settled at school.
I´ve read that the twins will in the nursery learn that it is not acceptable to pull off head and legs of insects :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

I am looking forward to see the twins again!

I´ve read that the twins will in the nursery learn that it is not acceptable to pull off head and legs of insects :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

Them nursery teachers are such spoilsports...:p
What's next? That the children aren't allowed to eat sand, worms and bugs anymore?

De royale tvillinger skal i vuggestue - TV 2 Vip

- It's normal for children to start in a nursery at that age.

They'll be about 8months, is that normal in Denmark?

Them nursery teachers are such spoilsports...:p
What's next? That the children aren't allowed to eat sand, worms and bugs anymore?
Exactly, it´s a crazy world out there :p:ROFLMAO::p

Yes, around the age of 6-12 months is normal :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, many are not in the position that they can or will remain on maternity leave for a year and just as many believe it's beneficial for the children. - They get stimulated in a different way at the nursery, they learn social skills and to respond to other children, they learn to be with other adults. - And they are also subjected to childhood deseases, so you can get it over with. Good for their immune system.

Yes, many are not in the position that they can or will remain on maternity leave for a year and just as many believe it's beneficial for the children. - They get stimulated in a different way at the nursery, they learn social skills and to respond to other children, they learn to be with other adults. - And they are also subjected to childhood deseases, so you can get it over with. Good for their immune system.

In Australia we call it 'Daycare'. Many babies are raised in daycare while mum's and dad's go back to work. Not an option that I took but if it is the only option then :sad: . I can't believe that babies from a Royal Family would need to use Nursery/daycare. They must have full time nannies to care for the babies at home.

Exactly, it´s a crazy world out there :p:ROFLMAO::p

Indeed. :winkiss:
Things have deteriorated since they banned bows and arrows in kindergarten.
They also use plastic tools nowadays, instead of steel hammers and real saws, like we did when I was a kid.
A child who hasn't been whacked on the head with a metal children's shovel or run over by a steel tricycle is a wuss. :seestars: - I was, and no harm has come from that...

In Australia we call it 'Daycare'. Many babies are raised in daycare while mum's and dad's go back to work. Not an option that I took but if it is the only option then :sad: . I can't believe that babies from a Royal Family would need to use Nursery/daycare. They must have full time nannies to care for the babies at home.

Oh, they don't. It's just healthy for the children to be away from mum and dad for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's quite debatable that it's healthy for a child that young to be separated from his/her parents for so many hours each day. There is a whole lot of paediatricians and psychologists who discourage it, and I, too, was surprised that children of a Royal Family would be sent to daycare. But, well, every parent wishes the best for their children, I'm sure they thought it the best choice so I respect it :flowers:

Actually it's quite debatable that it's healthy for a child that young to be separated from his/her parents for so many hours each day. There is a whole lot of paediatricians and psychologists who discourage it, and I, too, was surprised that children of a Royal Family would be sent to daycare. But, well, every parent wishes the best for their children, I'm sure they thought it the best choice so I respect it :flowers:

But that's how it always was. 1000 years ago the young mother who was fitter than her mother/aunt had to do the harder work while the elder woman (I guess at that time there were no more grannies around) took care of the kids. It is still that way in some secluded farms here in the Alps but only in the few of them that can feed some more adults than just the farmer and his wife due to being restaurants for hikers in summer and skiiers in winter. But the concept still exists and I don't see why this should be of a problem for the children when being raised as part of a large family has always been more "normal" than today's small family concept.

I´m of two minds about leaving them in "Daycare" at such a young age. I don´t think I´d feel so good about it. I was lucky enough that I didn´t have to work when my children were small (they are all grown ups now). When they were around two, they did go to a nursery, mainly to get in touch with other children.

Oh, they don't. It's just healthy for the children to be away from mum and dad for a few hours.

I appreciate that Muhler, but, when the babies are cared for by a nanny (not mum or dad) for many hours of the day, why is daycare/nursery necessary? They would have access to parks, zoo's, theatre's etc, I don't think (as a mum of three children raised at home) that daycare/nursery is an option. Just my personal thoughts of course :flowers:

I appreciate that Muhler, but, when the babies are cared for by a nanny (not mum or dad) for many hours of the day, why is daycare/nursery necessary? They would have access to parks, zoo's, theatre's etc, I don't think (as a mum of three children raised at home) that daycare/nursery is an option. Just my personal thoughts of course :flowers:

Okay. :)
Yes, they have nannies and parks, what they don't have are other children of similar age. And it's the interaction with them that, certainly in my eyes, is beneficial.
It's simply a good way for the twins to meet other children and other adults, who smell, sound and do things differently, in a safe environment while at the same time establishing a daily routine.

In that way they will bring up their children in as ordinary way as possible and thus become a sort of role models for other parents and also for them to be able to understand how ordinary parents live.

Beforehand most small children learned the social rules from the other children on the street or road. Now, with the overwhelming majority of both parents working that's no longer an option.

ADDED: Here is the location of the nursery compared to the school where Christian will be going: http://www.box.net/shared/bvijmcsuz6in2fvp93o4
The nursery is located right next to a cemetary. Somehow very symbolic. Life begins, life ends here.

Last edited:
Didnt Christian only go in 2007 shortly before Isabella was born? That would make him much older than 6 months. Or was this a different kind of school?

Both, Christian and Isabella, were ~1 and 1/2 years old when they started nursery.
And while Christian's first day in nursery was an official event, Isabella's was not and it was not announced beforehand.
As far as I understand the media found out that the twins have been registered in that particular nursery. But everything else is just speculation (and might be as wrong as "Mary's return to maternity leave" or their "1st tour on Dannebrog since 2004"). Or did the nursery give a date to the media? (That would be very wrong IMO.)
We will see!

I would think that the purpose of placing the children in daycare/nursery, etc would be so that the children will learn social skills or the ability to interact with others at young age.

I too, would consider under a two to be farily early but Fred and Mary are the parents and most likely are privy to more information that we know (maybe they just registered with the intention of the children attending at a later date). In regards to my comment about interacting with others, yes Josephine and Vincent are twins so they have a special relationship and they do have an older brother and sister, but how many of us (whether you are the younger or older sibling) still wanted to and did play with other kids.

My age difference with my sisters were 2 1/2, 8 and 11 years and when they were born they were cute babies, and I wanted to hold them...but than it was time to play with other kids. They were too young to play with me. I would imagine that might be the case with Christian and Isabella at some point during the day.

IIRC Christian was registered at the daycare shortly after he was born, and only went there when he was older?

IIRC Christian was registered at the daycare shortly after he was born, and only went there when he was older?

That was in the daycare centre in Fredensborg. And he was old enough to walk on his own, the day he started. There are tons of pics from that day.

8 months seems awfully young!
Does Isabella attend some sort of school?

That was in the daycare centre in Fredensborg. And he was old enough to walk on his own, the day he started. There are tons of pics from that day.

Yes, I remember the event, my question was more about the date when he was registered (shortly after his birth?) eventhough he only went there when he was older.

8 months seems awfully young!
Does Isabella attend some sort of school?

Isabella attends a kindergarten not far from Amalienborg.
In fact both she and Christian is attending the same kindergarten until the start of summer holidays, which probably starts about now.
After the summer holidays she will go there alone. Not that it should make a lot of difference, as she is with her mates.

Not that it should make a lot of difference, as she is with her mates.
Nooooooo, she will be there all alone, not mates, not adults to take care of her. Just her in another place than Amalienborg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nooooooo, she will be there all alone, not mates, not adults to take care of her. Just her in another place than Amalienborg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I suddenly felt a sharp pain between my shoulderblades.
Are you making fun of me, Brutus.....Eeh, I mean FasterB? :ermm:

Last edited:

But why are the twins so early while Christian & Isabella were much older?

If the argument for why putting them into daycare that early is interaction with other kids - which is fine - why were Christian & Isabella handled differently?

We don't know yet how things will be handled (so far we only have media speculation). Therefore it's too early to ask for reasons IMO.

But why are the twins so early while Christian & Isabella were much older?

It seems we are discussing a purely made-up subject; Lene Balleby, their information officer (or whatever she is called :) denies the whole story of the twins being enlisted for daycare according to TV2 news - Ingen vuggestueplads til tvillingerne - TV 2 Vip. According to this, Lene Balleby says she doesn't know where the story originated and that there are currently no such plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom