The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Commoner

Who would be a suitable bride for Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia?

who do you think would be a suitable match for him?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Gabriella Windsor!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Nobility

Madeleine is free now !!!! smile :)))))

We also have Sophie of Ysenburg Bündingen, the Thurn and Taxis Princesses ( but catholic),

like Queen Luise:

Georg Borwin Herzog zu Mecklenburg (*1956) Boss of the Grandducal House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz ∞1986 Alice Wagner (*1958)
  1. Helene Olga Herzogin zu Mecklenburg (*1988) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Georg Alexander Herzog zu Mecklenburg (*1991)
  3. Carl Michael Herzog zu Mecklenburg (*1994)

from the protestant branch of the Löwenstein family:

1f) LUDWIG Udo Hans Peter Alfred Fst zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (b.Kreuzwertheim 24 May 1951); m.1st (civ) Kreuzwertheim 28 May 1976 (rel) Behringersdorf bei Nürnberg 29 May 1976 Verena von Stülpnagel (Sigmaringen 31 Jan 1952-Kreuzwertheim 26 Oct 1985); m.2d (civ) Kreuzwertheim 4 Aug 1987 (rel) Schöntal an der Jagst 12 Sep 1987 Elisabeth Gfn von Waldburg-Wolfegg-Waldsee (b.Möckmühl 7 Jun 1962) ( Boss of the House )

1g) Sophie Amelie Margarita Alexandra Monika Isabel (b.Wertheim 1 Sep 1988) !!!!!!

2g) Amelie Anastasia Sylvia Alexandra Ruth Elisabeth (b.Wertheim 15 Aug 1990)
3g) Ludwig Hubertus Alfred-Ernst Sebastian Carl Roman Erbpr zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (b.Wertheim 30 Jun 1994)

He should not marry into the House of Castell Rhüdenhausen or Oldenburg or a Romanow princess ( if there is one) .

He could marry: Schaumburg Lippe, Hessen- (...) , Schleswig Holstein-(...), Bernadotte, Castell-Castell..., Mecklenburg -(...), Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg

add the list, if now know some other
Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark

Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Princess Theodora would be the best choice indeed, but she seems interested in Hollywood and not in old Europe :(
So the most eligible (as far as the family background is concerned) ladies should be: Aglae of Baden (1981), Sophie of Schleswig-Holstein (1983), Cacile (1988) and Olga (1984) of Leiningen, Johanna of Waldeck und Pyrmont (1984), Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1986), Anastasia (1982) and Alice (1984) of Oldenburg (they are not his first cousins so why shouldn't they be eligible?), Johanna (1985), Benigna (1980) and Maria Concetta (1988) of Reuss, Maria Donata of Lippe (1982).
I don't cite Madeleine of Sweden because it's known that she has almost no contact with non reigning royal families.
The only girl that I have heard being linked to Georg Friedrich is Sophie of Isenburg, so she may be the right guess.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Nobility

Never forget that the Hohenzollern family law says:
ONLY PRINCESSES FROM HIGH NOBILITY AND ONLY PROTESTANTS - NO CATHOLICS !!!
Baden family could be problematic, I don't no about Leiningen and Reuss - protestant or catholic ?

Sophie of Schleswig Holstein - not bad !
Sophie zu Schleswig Holstein - Foto im Hamburg Web

Aglae von Baden - not my fav.
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00052624.jpg
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Nobility

Ah my favourite subject, which royal should marry which royal. :)
The recent marriages of three members of the Bavarian family has given me hope.
To the suggestions made I would like to make the following comments. The Mecklenberg girl might be a bit problematic as there are thoise who don't recgonise them as legitimate heirs of that dynasty. That could give the uncles grounds for causing trouble.
And while I think that the effects of inbreeding in the royal familes are usually over exagerated and I think they would make an ideal match, I think it would be best if he didn't marry Theodara of Greece as there a lot of common descents. Between them there are five descents from Queen Victoria alone, plus through her grandmother, Friedricka of hanover, Theodara is also descended from Kaiser Wilhelm. There is also a common descent from the Mecklenberg line. His Greatgrandmother, the Crown Princess Cecile was the sister of her Great Grandmother, The Queen Alexandra of Denmark.
Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar would be my choice, she is unquestionably a member of that dynasty, through her mother there is a good infusion of unrelated blood and they are only remotely related.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Oh Seraphine, good pictures! Sophie looks great, also if that pic is a fashion shot, so I suppose she looks quite different in her everyday life. Also the pic with Aglae is a great finding! The 2 of them have probably known eachother since they were kids, so I'm wondering if something romantic can happen after years of just friendly relationship..
About the religion I listed only women that I think are protestant: I have been told that all the young generation of the Baden family are protestant even if their mothers are catholic; the Leiningen and the Reuss were traditionally protestant so I supposed that women to be protestant too. Olga's mother, being an Hannover, is most probably a protestant too, for example, so her daughter's religion is quite sure! On the contrary Maria Concetta having austrian mother and grandmother and also having quite a catholic name could easily be catholic even if that's not the traditional religion of the house of Reuss.
Btw I think it will just be the children that must be protestant. Hereditary princess Elisabeth of Prussia, nee of Bavaria, was accepted even if she wanted to remain catholic. If that was ok in the XIX century it should be ok also in the XXI (even if the Orleans history prove the contrary..). As I said however, I would still prefer a protestant wife for Georg Friedrich. As a catholic, I don't like too much the idea of catholic princesses "forced" to grow up their children as protestant.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Nobility

What about Princess Alexandra of Luxemburg ??? I like her pretty much.

Prinzessin Alexandra von Luxemburg - RoyalNews.de

http://thequeenmadre.files.wordpress...-luxemburg.jpg
Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, Princess Alexandra is Catholic as well...
Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Well, on a side I'd like to see the marriage of the Lutheran Prince of Prussia to a Catholic Princess, in order to see the reaction of the Holy See, that in the past was very reluctant in allowing/accepting similar marriages.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

He should marry a girl he will love truly and who will love him truly as well.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is Theodora living in California now?
I like the Alexandra of Luxemburg suggestion.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

Well, Princess Alexandra is Catholic as well...
When push comes to shove the future princess of prussian could convert to protestant or he changes family law, that catholic brides are accepted, if children getting educated protestant.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Luxembourg family is not only catholic as a tradition, the catholic religion seems to be very important for them, I'm really not seeing Alex converting and not even raising her children as protestant. Btw don't you think she's too young for him?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Luxembourg family is not only catholic as a tradition, the catholic religion seems to be very important for them, I'm really not seeing Alex converting and not even raising her children as protestant. Btw don't you think she's too young for him?
May be you're right, although 15 years are not an unappropriate age difference for marrying. But she is just too young.

Whatever, what we do in this forums are little games of suggestions, don't we ?
And I like the thought of Alexandra being The Princess of Prussia.

But do you know what I can even more imagine for Alexandra: Being Princess Albert of Thurn and Taxis

( More suggestions ....gimme gimme more gimme gimme more )
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

What about Princess Madeleine of Sweden? She is not Catholic, she is not too young (Georg Friedrich is born 1976, and Madeleine 1982), and I think they could be a very nice couple.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Nobility

My concern with Princess Madeleine is that she may feel her obligation to support her father and sister is stronger than her obligation to support a future spouse in his duties. That's why a lawyer from Sweden seemed to work for her. Being Mrs. Bergström wouldn't have interfered with those duties, but being the princess of a foreign house might do that.

I noticed that Georg Friedrich was not on the guest list for the wedding in Sweden this weekend, so I'm not sure if he really spends time with them.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Nobility

In theory: Anyone Protestant under a certain age will 'do'. In practice however it gets somewhat complicated. "Pleasing" the clamour for an 'equal marriage' in some quarters is fraught with some obvious hidden dangers (Hæmophilia for example) amongst many. Personally I think that his heart should go out to one who truly loves him back as much as he loves that someone. I say this as he is not likely to even become German president let alone Kaiser any time soon, plus the normal 'rules' needn't 'apply' after a given time.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Bild newspaper made an article, that following princes and princesses are still free:

Georg, Albert, Elisabeth and more: Adlige Singles: Diese Prinzessinnen (& Prinzen) sind noch zu haben - Unterhaltung - Royals - Bild.de