Twin sons for Georg Friedrich and Sophie - 20 January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benjamin

Heir Presumptive
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
:imperialgermany:

Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia were born on Sunday, January 20 in Bremen.

They are the twin sons of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia (née Princess of Isenburg).

Prince Carl Friedrich is the eldest son and heir.

Source: Royal Musings

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the couple!

Awwww, lovely...congratulations to the couple.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:
Princess Sophie will have her hands full with two boys.

Congratulations to the couple on their twin bundles of joy.

Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie Welcome Twin Sons
The Prince and Princess of Prussia are now proud parents of two boys. The twins were born on January 20 in Bremen, Germany. A statement released by Prince Georg Friedrich today announced the births with “great joy and gratitude”. The mother and children are all doing well.

The elder twin is named Carl Friedrich and the younger one – Louis Ferdinand. Carl Friedrich is the Heir Apparent to the headship of the House of Hohenzollern. The names have strong history in the family; it is also possible the eldest boy was named in honour of Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (head of the Princely House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen). The younger boy is named after Prince Georg's father - Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.
Congratulations to the couple! Really like the names too; traditional and sound lovely too. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to the parents!
I really, really like the names :flowers:

I wish them all the congratulations in the world. Carl and Louis, lovely names. :D

Congratulations to the very proud and happy parents!

Congratulations to the Couple! :prussiaflag: :fireworks:

I'm guessing that little Louis Ferdinand was named after his grandfather, Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia (1944- 1977).

I'm guessing that little Louis Ferdinand was named after his grandfather, Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia (1944- 1977).
I'd say that's extremely probable.

The boys were born on the second anniversary of their parents' engagement; Georg Friedrich and Sophie announced their engagement on January 21, 2011.
So now, the day is triply special for them. :)

Last edited:
:imperialgermany:

Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia were born on Sunday, January 20 in Bremen.

They are the twin sons of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia (née Princess of Isenburg).

Prince Carl Friedrich is the eldest son and heir.

Source: Royal Musings

Terrific news!!! I adore these two!!!!! Babies hooray!!!!:flowers:

Congratulations! Great news!
This is indeed a beginning for a " boys' year". I hope Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will also welcome a boy.

Congratulations to the happy family!

I'd say that's extremely probable.

The boys were born on the second anniversary of their parents' engagement; Georg Friedrich and Sophie announced their engagement on January 21, 2011.
So now, the day is triply special for them. :)

I think it's lovely that the babies were born on the second anniversary of their parent's engagement. Never knew that before, thanks for the new fact Artemisia! :flowers:

Many Congratulations to The new parents, they must be thrilled !

that's terrific. Congrats to them. 2 boys are great!!

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

What's wrong wi having a Princess now and then, Lenora? After all, Ekaternina II didn't do a bad job when she was Empress of your country, did she.

Back
Top Bottom