Nobility

Congratulations to the happy family!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I'd say that's extremely probable.

The boys were born on the second anniversary of their parents' engagement; Georg Friedrich and Sophie announced their engagement on January 21, 2011.
So now, the day is triply special for them.
I think it's lovely that the babies were born on the second anniversary of their parent's engagement. Never knew that before, thanks for the new fact Artemisia!

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if they are identical.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Many Congratulations to The new parents, they must be thrilled !
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I wonder if they are identical.
And I wonder if the birth was not scheduled for exactly this day

Congratulations!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

The children were born on 20 January. Georg Friedrich and Sophie announced their engagement on 21 January 2011.

Preussen.de - Verlobung im Haus Hohenzollern
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Courtier

that's terrific. Congrats to them. 2 boys are great!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations! Wonderful news!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

What's wrong wi having a Princess now and then, Lenora? After all, Ekaternina II didn't do a bad job when she was Empress of your country, did she.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
The children were born on 20 January. Georg Friedrich and Sophie announced their engagement on 21 January 2011.

Preussen.de - Verlobung im Haus Hohenzollern
That´s almost a coincidence, come on, let´s not be so estrict
That´s romantic

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

So happy for this happy couple and Donata is grandmother !!! Lovely !
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Is it possible we see a trend toward twins among ruling or mediatized families? We have twins in Denmark and Belgium among children in the younger generation, those under ten. And now Prussia. The parents are all in their thirties, perhaps seeking medical help to be sure the royal line continues. One of the Pretenders to the throne of France had twins a year or so ago, again, the parents were in their thirties. We aren't going to know why, but it seems like quite a few twins. Maybe it's partly because the parents are over thirty. Someone in my town told me he had twins at 36 (his wife also 36) because that's the year when nature most favors twinning, perhaps "knowing" that the window of opportunity is growing a little smaller each year. Anyway, they made it!
Congratulations, and whew!
Did I miss some twins?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

There are the twin sons of Prince Laurent of Belgium, Nicolas and Aymeric.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

In the last decade or so the following royal twins were born:

- Princess Aisha and Princess Sara bint Al Faisal in 1997 (daughters of Prince Faisal of Jordan)
- Princess Sofia and Prince Umberto of Bulgaria in 1999 (children of the Prince of Vidin)
- Prince Leopold and Princess Charlotte of Nassau in 2000 (children of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg)
- Prince Aymeric and Prince Nicolas of Belgium in 2005 (sons of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire)
- Princess Paulina and Prince Moritz of Hesse in 2007 (children of Donatus, Hereditary Prince of Hesse)
- Prince Louis of Bourbon and Prince Alphonse in 2010 (sons of Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou)
- Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark in 2011 (children of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary)
- And the latest addition, Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
In the last decade or so the following royal twins were born:

- Princess Aisha and Princess Sara bint Al Faisal in 1997 (daughters of Prince Faisal of Jordan)
- Princess Sofia and Prince Umberto of Bulgaria in 1999 (children of the Prince of Vidin)
- Prince Aymeric and Prince Nicolas of Belgium in 2005 (sons of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire)
- Princess Paulina and Prince Moritz of Hesse in 2007 (children of Donatus, Hereditary Prince of Hesse)
- Prince Louis of Bourbon and Prince Alphonse in 2010 (sons of Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou)
- Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark in 2011 (children of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary)
- And the latest addition, Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.
And also Prince Leopold and Princess Charlotte of Nassau (children of Prince Guillaujme and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg).
I the cases of Luxembourg, Belgium, Prussia, Hesse there have been twins before in the Families.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another report:

Sophie + Georg Friedrich von Preußen - Zwei kleine Prinzen | GALA.DE
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And also Prince Leopold and Princess Charlotte of Nassau (children of Prince Guillaujme and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg).
I the cases of Luxembourg, Belgium, Prussia, Hesse there have been twins before in the Families.
Thanks! Adeed Leopold and Charlotte to the list.
While obviously not as common as single children, most Monarchies do indeed have quite a few examples of Royal twins throughout their histories.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Courtier

That's great news. After Prince Georg Friedrich the older one would be our future emperor (if we still had one).
And I really love the name Louis Ferdinand just like his ancestors.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

I called the Belgian twins of Prince Laurent the "Dutch" twins...got them mixed up. Thanks, I corrected that mistake.