The Royal House of Prussia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sjetajiem said:
Paul Duke of Oldenburg, a full cousin of Prince Georg Friedrich... became Roman Catholic, married a Spanish lady Pilar Mendez de Vigo, and just got his first daughter and fourth child last week.
Duke Paul's Spanish wife is very well connected: her mother is Princess Monika of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, and her brother married Princess Katharina of Hohenberg.

Warren said:
Duke Paul's Spanish wife is very well connected: her mother is Princess Monika of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, and her brother married Princess Katharina of Hohenberg.

Didn't the sister of Duke Paul marry a Habsburg, too? Eilika & Georg von Habsburg? The Hohenbergs being Habsburgs through the marriage of Franz Ferdinand of Habsburg with Sophie Countess Chotek who was elevated to the rank of Duchess of Hohenberg even though the marriage was considered morganatic.

No, Archduchess Eilika is a 1st cousin of Duke Paul. Her father is Duke Johann of Oldenburg and her mother a countess zu Ortenberg.

Marengo said:
No, Archduchess Eilika is a 1st cousin of Duke Paul. Her father is Duke Johann of Oldenburg and her mother a countess zu Ortenberg.

And her sister Duchess Tatiana was engaged to Prince Jean of France, Duke of Vendôme in 2000.

I still remember the pictures in Point de Vue, sadly the late Countess of Paris vetoed the marriage (Tatiana wasn' t a catholic and did not want to convert).

Anyway, does anybody know if Georg-Friedrich is still dating Sophie of Ysenburg Birstein? One of her sisters married Fuerst Carl of Wied and another one married Archduke Martin (brother of Archduke Lorenz).

From nettyroyal.nl

Prince Wilhelm Karl of Prussia died on Monday. He was born on 30 January 1922 at the Villa Quandt in Potsdam as youngest child of Prince Oskar and Ina-Marie Countess von Bassewitz-Levetzov. He married in 1952 Armgard von Veltheim. They had one daughter and two sons. They survive him as well as two grandsons and a granddaughter. A funeral service will be held at the Berliner Dom on 19 April 2007 at 14.00. Afterwards he will be buried in Potsdam. He was the last surviving grandchild of Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany.

Dulce Elena said:
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs29/donatacastell1950-2.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs29/donatacastell1950-3.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs29/donatacastell1950.jpg

There is another more recent of Georg Friedrich's sister, Cornelia Cecilia...she was actually born with a type of in utero encephilitis which is commonly tested for now, but was not known during her birth year. This actually caused the retardation. It's ashame because now this is treatable and preventable!

That is so sad..it must have been a tough time for their mother Donata. First she loses her husband and then there are problems with her daughter. I never knew that Corneli-Cecile was born handicapped. Does she still live with her mother? And where would I find a more recent photo? Thanks!

That's a toughie because she isn't seen at many events. I think she lives in a special group home outside of her family home, but I can't be sure. She seems very independent at any rate - I don't know the extent of the disability. There was one picture of her with her brother at one event but I don't have it. If I find it, I will post it for you. As for a very recent photo, I don't think one exists in the public domain :(

Dulce Elena said:
That's a toughie because she isn't seen at many events. I think she lives in a special group home outside of her family home, but I can't be sure. She seems very independent at any rate - I don't know the extent of the disability. There was one picture of her with her brother at one event but I don't have it. If I find it, I will post it for you. As for a very recent photo, I don't think one exists in the public domain :(

Thanks, that would be great! I tried to find some pics on the net but all of them were quite old. Judging from the pictures she doesn't look that handicapped but of course it's hard to tell. It's great that she seems independent. In which part of Germany does she live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Kira Marina Liepsner's husband, Andreas Bismarck, is related to the Princely family of 'von Bismarck'?

Yes, he is. Andreas is descended from Otto von Bismarck, who was bestowed with titles and honours in the late 19th century:

-His Illustrious Highness, Count von Bismarck
-His Serene Highness, Prince von Bismarck
-His Highness, Duke von Lauenburg

Andreas is the son of Hans von Bismarck & Cornelie von Schwerin.

Last edited:
Dulce Elena said:
If you click on the Picture that says "Die Preussischen Hohenzollern" there is a video stream. It says below to: "Klik auf das Bild startet einen Video-Stream". You can actually listen to GF speak and see a brief introduction to the documentary. All in German, untranslated.

You can translate the page via Google. Just type in Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern and click on Translate this page.

It's a shame that I cannot find the link to the whole documentary, Emperor, king, citizen - the Prussian Hohenzollern, it would have been a pleasure to see it. All I know is that it aired in Dec 2006 on ZDF/arte. If anyone knows where to find the link to the whole series, please let us know.:flowers:

GlitteringTiaras said:
You can translate the page via Google. Just type in Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern and click on Translate this page.

It's a shame that I cannot find the link to the whole documentary, Emperor, king, citizen - the Prussian Hohenzollern, it would have been a pleasure to see it. All I know is that it aired in Dec 2006 on ZDF/arte. If anyone knows where to find the link to the whole series, please let us know.:flowers:

Well, I tried to find if they were selling a copy on DVD like some larger broadcasters do (Discovery, TLC, History Channel) and I haven't had any luck. If I find it, I will either let everyone know or upload it via RapidShare, etc...if I can learn how to insert subtitles I will translate it, too.

It's nice to hear the people talk not just see photos. GF's a pretty happy, accessible guy it seems...very upbeat. Refreshing!

Lately, my interest in the history of the family has increased (along with other German royals) and I've been trying to find more information about them lately.

I have many books that discuss several German houses, including The Small German Courts in the Eighteenth Century, which is mainly about the Duchy of Wurttemberg and the County of Montbeliard, but I have yet to find a solid book about the Hohenzollern's.

If you could recommend any I would be very grateful.:flowers:

GlitteringTiaras said:

Hi!
you can buy the documentation "Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preussischen Hohenzollern" (article number 34879) on DVD (German language) via
SWR Media Services
Tel. +49 7221 929 500
EURO 29,--

And it is very likeley that arte sells a French language version of the documentation.

Best Regards,

Richygold

I particularly liked the video because it showed a lot about his parents, the castle, Louis Ferdinand Sr...etc. It was very informative - like that he only really goes to the Burg maybe one month out of the year (probably for the Prinzessin Kira Stiftung) and even then, owns a house in Hechingen and doesn't even stay in the castle! I guess he prefers his two room apartment in Berlin! LOL....:eek: What was even nicer is that he's a very accessible person and gladly speaks and meets with visitors to Burg Hohenzollern. The days of the aloof noble is going to pass with the older generation I think...

Hello to all. I stumbled on this site looking for an answer to a puzzle. Is there a Prince by the name Rolf von Preussen of Reuss?

Sincerely,

AlliC

He can't be "of Prussia of Reuss" as that makes no sense. In any case, the Princes of Reuss are named Heinrich.

Have Georg Friedrich and his Uncle Michael with whom he disputed the inheritance reconciled?

Are any of those two ladies related to the Hohenzollern RF ?

These 2 ladies are Princess Felicitas and Princess Christa the daughters of Prince Wilhelm (1906-1940) the oldest son of Crown Prince Wilhelm and Crown Princess Cecilie and older brother of Prince Louis Ferdinand. He renounced on his sucession rights in 18933 to marry the non equal Dorothea von Salviati.

Yesterday night on the weekly "Anne Will"- show in German ARD-programme there was some discussion about the new German law about obligation to pay maintenance. One of the participants was Phillip Kyril of Prussia, great-great grandson of Emperor Wilhelm II. He´s the son of Friedrich-Wilhelm from Prussia who´s two times divorced (first to Phillip´s mother Waltraud Freydag and second to Ehrengard von Rheden). Haven´t seen Phillip for years (probably last time when he was a child). He looks so similiar to his dad it´s amazing! Phillip is married since 1994 to some commoner named Christine Soltau and father of six! children and told that he suffered a lot from his parents´ divorce. He seems to be very religious (protestant) and isn´t at all tolerant seeing all the other people becoming divorced. He wants them to make some marriage-license before marrying and he counted that the political economic damage of divorces is probably much higher than all yearly traffic-accidents together. He to me appears kind of very conservative although he´s only 39. He looks so accurate with his tie and suit and haircut. Don´t know whether they repeat the show on "Phoenix" or so.

The eldest son of the late princess Xenia of Prussia Patrick Lithander and his wife Maja, nee Flechtner have two sons Pius and Hugo.
Does someone know the birthdates of the two boys?
The younger one, Hugo was baptised this summer so apparently he was born in the beginning of this year.

Source: Hein Bruins

That's not the House of Hohenzollern. It's some quack who either still posts here or was banned. Look at all the misspelled words. The head of the Prussian Royal House is Georg Friedrich.

That's not the House of Hohenzollern. It's some quack who either still posts here or was banned. Look at all the misspelled words. The head of the Prussian Royal House is Georg Friedrich.

Sorry HRM, but that website is a fake and is essentially maintained by a man who is not quite right in the head. Correct information regarding the Hohenzollern's, including the real website, can be found here.

Back
Top Bottom