The Royal House of Prussia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The eldest son of the late princess Xenia of Prussia Patrick Lithander and his wife Maja, nee Flechtner have two sons Pius and Hugo.
Does someone know the birthdates of the two boys?
The younger one, Hugo was baptised this summer so apparently he was born in the beginning of this year.

Source: Hein Bruins

Hugo Lithander was born Aug 2nd 2006Pius lithander was born Jan 1st 2005Now they have a third son Karl Lithander, who was born Mar 26 2008. but was just announced

Christmas Customs of the Hohenzollern

With Christmas approaching, I was wondering about Christmas traditions of the Hohenzollern. Does the whole family gather at the castle or do the various members celebrate with just their immediate families?

Christie's concluded an auction this week of items largely from the collection of Princess Luise of Prussia, who died on 23 March 2009 at Schloss Bückeburg.

The link to the conclusion of the auction is here:

EUROPEAN NOBLE AND PRIVATE COLLECTIONS | Fine Art Auction | Search Results | Christie's

The total yielded, including the 29.75% buyer's premium, was 2,318,162 Euro; the items themselves, then, would have sold for an aggregate of 1,786,638 Euro, which as of 16 December 2009 would be approximately $1.43MM USD, or 890,000 pounds.

My husband purchased something from the sale but I'm not allowed to know what it is; evidently St. Nicholas is going to leave it for me on Christmas.

This question shows how little I know about things royal and princely in Germany, but I'm going to ask it anyway.;) Furst Friedrich Wilhelm was the Head of the princely line of Hohenzollern. Prinz Georg Frederich of Prussia is the Head of the House of Hohenzollern according to this website: Preussen.de - Prinz Georg Friedrich von Preussen

Could someone please explain this to me. How closely would these two men have been related and what is the difference in their respective positions? I know that Prinz Georg Frederich is the descendant of Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm the Head of the princely line of Hohenzollern died last night at the age of 86. He had already since a few yearts health-problems.

suedkurier.de | Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm ist tot

The two Houses descend from Friedrich I, Burgrave of Nuremberg and Count of Zollern; at his death in 1205 his eldest son Friedrich II inherited both the titles, but in 1518 he renounced to the Burgraviate of Nuremberg in favour of his younger brother Konrad. The Royal House of Prussia descends from Konrad, while the Princely House of Hohenzollern(-Sigmaringen) descends from Friedrich.

I'm not sure Georg Friedrich can be called Head of the House of Hohenzollern; he surely is the Head of the Royal House of Prussia, which is completely separated from the Princely House of Hohenzollern; I guess that the Head of the branch descending from the eldest son of Friedrich I (= Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern) should be the Head of the entire House of Hohenzollern.

Btw, Georg Friedrich and Karl Friedrich are Heads of two different Houses.

This means, that only the persons, that were born during the german empire to the house of prussia were imperial highnesses ( an their wifes of course). The german empire ended in 1918.
Georg Friedrich was born far after 1918 :). So he is only a royal highness, because he is formerly just the heir of the throne of prussia. To be an imperial highness he must be voted by the counties/ federal states/ free cities of germany.

As far as I know, only the German Crown Prince and the German Crown Princess were Imperial and Royal Highnesses, but all the other members of the Prussian Royal House were/are "mere" Royal Highnesses, beyond they were born before or after the end of the Empire.

This means, that only the persons, that were born during the german empire to the house of prussia were imperial highnesses ( an their wifes of course).

Actually I think it was just the Crown Prince and his wife who were Imperial Highnesses while all the other children of the Emperor (who of course was also an Imperial Highness as well as his wife) were just Royal Highnesses.
So Crown Prince Wilhelm and his wife Cecilie were the last German Imperial Highnesses.

Actually I think it was just the Crown Prince and his wife who were Imperial Highnesses while all the other children of the Emperor (who of course was also an Imperial Highness as well as his wife) were just Royal Highnesses.
So Crown Prince Wilhelm and his wife Cecilie were the last German Imperial Highnesses.

Yes it where the Crown Prine and his spuse and since 1918 the Head of the House and his spouse. So Georg Friedrich is His Imperial and Royal Highness as was the late Prince Louis Ferdinand.

Does anyone know of any pictures of Prince Christian Ludwig of Prussia? I cannot seem to find any of him.

Hohenzollern's in Royal Weddings

I have a question? Apparently I've noticed that during weddings I don't see any representative of the Hohenzollern Royal family? I've noticed during the wedding of Prince Frederick that HI&RH Archduchess Francesca of Austria-Hungary was there so was the HIM the Empress of Iran, Princess Rosario of Bulgaria. During the Spanish wedding of the Prince of Asturias, the Italian Royal family was there, HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia was also there. During the Swedish wedding of Crown Princess Victoria, Yugoslav Royal family was there as well Princess Margarita of Romania. Are the Hohenzollern's not invited? I've read articles in which I've seen HI&RH Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attend royal weddings of such when she was still alive, why did it end there? I've seen HRH Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend weddings of minor German princes but I haven't seen him in any functions or occasion's like (e.g. Funerals and Burials) where a Monarchy exist's in that country, as far as I know he is also related to all the reigning houses in Europe and a descendant of Queen Victoria like most of the reigning houses. Kindly enlighten me....

Why doesn't any of the Hohenzollern Royal Family Attend Occasions of Reigning Houses?

Howcome no one from the Hohenzollern family attend occasions of reigning monarchies of Europe? Are they simply not invited even though they are related? or they simple just don't go and why? I've only seen Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attend such events when she was still alive, after that, I don't see any representative's of the House of Prussia anymore....

Florence von Preussen, daughter of Prince Nicholas of Prussia

Mail Online with picture (scroll down)

Florrie is Nick's girl net door

It will certainly be convenient should she ever need a cup of sugar. For slender Guinness heiress Princess Florence von Preussen has just bought a terraced house in Chelsea next door to her new boyfriend, City banker Nick Kinder.

Florrie, 27, a stylist for OKA, the upmarket furniture store owned by Samantha Cameron’s mother, Viscountess Astor, sold a Kensington flat she shared with her sister to buy a property of her own.

And while she waits for builders to finish renovations to her new home, Florrie, who as I revealed started dating Nick after her four-year relationship with tax exile Nat Rothschild ended this year, is staying at her beau’s place.

Princess Marie Louise of Prussia has delivered the 'Woman With Heart' 2012 Award to
Maria Pineda on March 8, 2012 in Marbella, Spain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Florence von Preussen and Tyrone Wood attended the official launch of the Johnnie Walker
Blue Label Club at The Scotch, Mason's Yard, London on May 1, 2012.

** Pic **

Princess Marie Louise of Prussia and Count Rudy attended a concert of Sopranos Montserrat Caballe and Montserrat Marti for The Children for Peace charity that provides education for children on June 23, 2012 in Marbella, Spain.

** Pic **

Become a Princess or Prince of Prussia for a million Euros

The adoption nonsense has now officially reached the House of Prussia. Prince Michael of Prussia, great grandson of the last Emperor of Germany, offers anybody with a cool 1 million Euros to make her/him a part of the House of Prussia. He plans to make up to three Princesses and Princes. After the House of Anhalt is now destroyed by 6 or more Princes by adoption, ranging from a pimp to a fitness trainer, which inhabit the abyss of cabel television, now it is the turn for the House of Prussia. Michael Prinz von Preußen: Er will aus Geldnot adoptieren! - BUNTE

HRH Prince Alfred of Prussia died on 3 June 2013 in San José, Costa Rica. He was 88.

Prince Alfred was the second child and only son of Prince Sigismund of Prussia (1896-1978, himself the youngest son of Prince Heinrich of Prussia and his wife, née Princess Irene of Hesse and the Rhine) and of his wife, née Princess Charlotte Agnes of Saxe-Altenburg. He was born on 17 August 1924.
He has been married to Maritza Farkas from 1984 until she died in 1996. He was childless.

Eurohistory: + Prince Alfred of Prussia (1924-2013)
Royal Musings: The death of a QVD: Prince Alfred of Prussia

Kaiserliche und Königliche Haus Hohenzollern

Gibt es gegenwärtig Mitglieder in diesem Forum, die direkt oder indirekt etwas von Hohenzollern-Preußen-Haus sind?

Are there currently any members on this forum that are direct or slightly indirect of Hohenzollern-Prussia House?

Will the wedding of the Hon. James Tollemache and Princess Florence of Prussia occur in England?

Will the wedding of the Hon. James Tollemache and Princess Florence of Prussia occur in England?

I could be wrong but I don't think we know where the wedding will take place. :flowers: But, I think it's most likely that it will take place in England as they're both living there at the moment (according to The Tatler, Florence lives in London).

I wonder if any of the British Royals will attend. IIRC James is friends with William and or Harry.

:previous:
MailOnline (scroll down)

Wills's pal pops question to Princess

Prince William will need to retrieve his morning coat from mothballs this spring. His old friend, smoothie-chops financier James Tollemache - whose brother Ed is a godson of Prince Charles - has recently become engaged to his leggy girlfriend Princess Florence von Preussen.

Old Etonian ‘Tolly’, 33, son of the current Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk, proposed just before Christmas in Cheshire. Despite being old friends, the pair only became an item last year. Says a pal: ‘It’s going to be a May wedding held at Florrie’s family home in Somerset.’

Well-connected Florrie, great-great-granddaughter of Kaiser Wilhem II, currently works as a window stylist at OKA, the smart furniture store owned by Viscountess Astor, mother of Samantha Cameron. She’s previously dated not-so-nice banking heir Nat Rothschild, from whom she split in 2011.

Peerage News: Tollemache/von Preussen engagement

Princess Florence, a descendant of Queen Victoria, is the daughter of Prince (Frederick) Nicholas von Preussen [AKA HRH Prince Nicholas of Prussia] by his wife the former Hon Victoria Mancroft, elder daughter of the 2nd Baron Mancroft.
The Hon James Tollemache is the second son of the 5th Baron Tollemache by his wife Alexandra née Meynell (descended from the Earls of Halifax).

Last edited:
HRH Prince Michael of Prussia passed away on 03 April 2014, aged 74.

He was born on 22 March 1940, the second child and son of Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia, Head of the former German Imperial House, and of his wife, née Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia.
He was married firstly from 1966 to 1982 to Jutta Jörn, by whom he had two daughters. By marrying to a commoner, Michael lost his succession rights to the headship of the Prussian Royal House.
He then married secondly in 1982 to Brigitte Dallwitz-Wegner; their marriage was childless.
He is survived by his wife Brigitte, by his two daughters Micaela (with her husband and children) and Nataly, as well as by three of his seven siblings and many nephews and nieces.

PREUSSEN: Prinz Michael ist tot | Südwest Presse Online

Rest in peace.

Prince Friedrich Wilhelm (1939) and the late Prince Michael (1940-2014) were elder brothers to Prince Louis Ferdinand Jr. Both married not Standesgemäß (not befitting the social standing) and therefore lost their place in the line of succession. Their two younger brothers Prince Louis Ferdinand Jr (1944-1977) and Prince Christian Sigismund (1949) made a dynastic marriage. and remained in the line of succession:

Prinz Louis Ferdinand Sr (1907-1994) x Kira Kirillowna Romanowa, Großfürstin von Russland (1909-1967)

1st child:
Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm
(1939) - left the line of succession by engaging into a non-dynastic marriage (1967)

2nd child:
Prinz Michael
(1940-2014) - left the line of succession by engaging into a non-dynastic marriage (1966)

3rd child:
Prinzessin Marie-Cécile
(1942) - was never in the line of succession

4th child:
Prinzessin Kira
(1943-2001) - was never in the line of succession

5th child:
Prinz Louis Ferdinand Jr
(1944-1977) x Donata Gräfin zu Castell-Rüdenhausen (1950)

---1 Prinz Georg Friedrich (1976) x Prinzessin Sophie von Isenburg (1978)

------ 2 Prinz Carl Friedrich (2013)

------ 3 Prinz Louis Ferdinand (2013)

--- Prinzessin Cornelie-Cécile (1978) - was never in the line of succession

6th child:
4 Prinz Christian Sigismund
(1946) x Nina Gräfin von Reventlow (1955)

---5 Prinz Christian Ludwig (1986)

7th child:
Prinzessin Xenia (1949-1992) - was never in the line of succession

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom