The Royal House of Prussia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it's our old friend King Fernidad of Prussia (aka Ken), though I note he appears to have dropped the "and Saxony" from his title. :D

Bunte of 2 weeks ago (January 3rd 2008) had a 3-page article on Prince Michael of Prussia and his wife Britgitte. Brigitte is suffering from breast cancer and the magazine basically claims that they can not afford the right treatment as they don´t have the financial means (the treatment is not covered by the insurance apparently) due to the lawsuit against the prince´s nephew Prince Georg-Friedrich.

The House of Hohenzollern went so far as to adopt the Prussian Coat-Of-Arms as the coat-of-arms of the then newly-formed German Empire in 1871 under Kaiser Wilhelm I. After all, the aim of the Prussian Chancellor Otto Prince von Bismarck was to unify the German states under Prussian leadership. Therefore it was natural for the Hohezollerns to adopt their Coat-Of-Arms for the entire German Empire.

hello, one day i was searching for palaces and i found one so beautifull, the history of that palace was that the prince of prusia made build it to her girlfriend sophie-charlotte, if anyone knows something about her, or the story between them let me now please

Somebody can help me ? I need the POSTAL address of German Imperial House. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hereditary Prince karl Friedrich of Hohenzollern was recently interviewed for "Hallo Deutschland". The Video can be watched here
First you have to click: Zur ZDF Mediathek
and the coose Bandbreite

Zu Gast auf Schloss Sigmaringen

Is the Head of German Imperial House regarded as higher than other royal people such as the Duke of Bavaria et al ? What is his rank in relation to that of Dr Otto ?

"King Fernidad" is completely fake.
He posts this on all kind of Forums that talk about Royalty.

Not only that but San Souci Palace is a museum and almost empty of furnishings.

Marengo Can you please help me here? Who was the Georg who married and divorced GD Marie Romanov? He is the father of her son and current pretender to the Russian throne after her? (according to her supporters anyway) Thank you

That was not a George but Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia. He married GD Maria in 1977 in Madrid; the couple divorced 10 years later.

Prince Franz Wilhelm was the son of Prince Karl Franz of Prussia and Princess Henriette of Schoenaich- Carolath (daughter of Hermine, second wife of Kaiser Wilhelm II) and the grand son of Prince Joachim of Prussia and princess Marie-Auguste of Anhalt. Prince Joachim on his turn was the 6th son of Kaiser Wilhelm II and Empress Auguste Viktoria.

Wikipedia has some information of the prince, who was known as Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich during his marriage. Look here.

Last edited:
Wow

That was a quick reply yes where do i get the more info Julia you very kind. Thank you for the info

Out rage

Corneli-Cecile was born mentally handicapped and I once read that she lives in a home for mental deseased people since years. The last photo of her was published I think on her mother´s second marriage with the Duke of Oldenburg.

I am outrage that Corneli -Cecile lived in a mentally handicap home!!

Thats no way to treat someone. And what do you mean Mentalli handicap? Dipolar, Schizophrenia or depressian?

zohara, if you read the post that comes just two posts after the one you quoted you will find the nature of the Princess's medical condition, and the post after that one gives some more details.

What is the surname of Prince Georg's handicaped Sister , Cécilia or Marie-Cécile?

In what way is she handicapped? (I hope it is not rude to ask!)

Marengo,
Why did the Grand Duchess Marie ex-wife of Prince Franz Wilhem of Prussia
made her son Grand Duke and why is he not a Prince of Prussia anymore.
Did she love her husband , or did she want only a child ??
Do you have any news of the Prince Franz Wilhem of Prussia ?

He is also a Prince of Prussia, however, he is a Grand Duke because he is his mothers heir.

Josette

Did the princess actually live at Bückeburg Castle of the Schaumburg-Lippe's?

-
She was the last in a line of 7 generations of Louise's:

Queen Luise of Prussia, née Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Princess Luise of The Netherlands, née princess of Prussia
Queen Louise of Sweden & Denmark, née princess of The Netherlands
Queen Lovisa of Denmark, née princess of Sweden
Princess Louise of Schaumburg-Lippe, née princess of Denmark
Princess (Marie-)Louise of Prussia, née princess of Schaumburg-Lippe
Princess Luise of Prussia (1917-2009)

Did the princess actually live at Bückeburg Castle of the Schaumburg-Lippe's?
My Almanach de Gotha has her living at Schloss, Westfügel in Bückeburg.
If that is a separate building she may have moved to the main schloss in later years.

Westflügel means 'west wing' (of the castle). Here an aerial view, (including the west wing ;)).

Last edited:
My condolences to her family.

Some information for those who are interested in geneology.

Princess Felicitas was fifth in an unbroken line of first-born children starting with Victoria, Princess Royal (Queen Victoria's eldest child). The line continues with her own eldest daughters, Friederike von der Osten, and her eldest granddaughter (Friederike’s eldest daughter), Felicitas von Reiche.

Princess Felicitas married Dinnies Karl von der Osten in 1958. They had two daughters, Friederike Thyra von der Osten (born in 1959) and Cecilie Felicitas von der Osten (born in 1967), as well as two sons - Dinnies-Wilhelm von der Osten (1962 - 1989) and Hubertus Christoph (born in 1964) von der Osten.
In 1972, shortly after her divorce, Princess Felicitas married for the second time to Jorg Hartwig von Nostitz-Wallwitz. They had one daughter - Diana Renata von Nostitz-Wallwitz (1974).

Princess Felicitas has descendants through her daughters - only: her eldest son, Dinnies-Wilhelm died in 1989 (aged 27) without heirs. Her second son, Hubertus Christoph (aged 45) is not married and has no legitimate heirs.

Of Princess Felicitas 3 daughters, 2 eldest are married and have issues. Friederike Thyra von der Osten married Bernhard Ernst Dieter von Reiche in 1984. They have 3 children: Felicitas Catharini von Reiche (born in 1986), Victoria Cecilie von Reiche (born in 1989) and Donata Friederike Diana (born in 1992).
Cecilie Felicitas von der Osten married Ole Hugo Marxen in 1997. They have one son, Julius Dinnies Ole Marxen (born in 1998).

Last edited:
My condolences to the Family.

My condolences to the family.

Back
Top Bottom