The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

The name of the newborn Prince is Heinrich Albert Johann Georg
Georg Friedrich & Sophie von Preußen: BUNTE.de verrät: So heißt ihr Baby-Prinz! | BUNTE.de

Old 11-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

A real nice name. I like Johann very much.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Very happy for them
Old 02-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Administrator

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended the awarding of the Great Cross of Merit to Franz, Duke of Bavaria at Bellevue Palace in Berlin, Germany, today, February 23, and posed for some photos with German President Joachim Gauck:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended a tribute ceremony for late former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, today, July 1:

** Pic **
Old 07-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting this photo. I was viewing the services in France and Germany on a news photo website and I thought it was Georg and Sophie, but wasn't sure to be honest.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:28 AM
Administrator

You're most welcome!

Yesterday, October 29, the Prince of Prussia attended a mass celebrating the start of reconstruction of the tower of the Garrison Church in Potsdam, Germany.

** Pic **
Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

They will move to Potsdam:

Potsdam – Preußen-Prinz will nach Potsdam ziehen – MAZ - Märkische Allgemeine

https://translate.google.de/translat...hen&edit-text=
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

If there's one place where the Head of the House of Hohenzollern belongs it's in Potsdam.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If there's one place where the Head of the House of Hohenzollern belongs it's in Potsdam.
At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.
That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.
Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?
Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hohenzollern Castle undergoes comprehensive renovation - The work initiated by Prince Georg Friedrich on Wednesday noon will take 10 to 15 years and cost around ten million euros

Hechingen: Burg Hohenzollern wird umfassend saniert

https://translate.googleusercontent....2E_jgyciPdU3WQ
Old 11-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.
The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.
It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?
No Idea. But it could also be that it passed direct to Prince Louis Ferdinand who was the Heir of Emperor Wilhelm II. and then it would have gone from him to Georg Friedrich who was the second heir.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think you are confusing Crown Prince Wilhelm with his son eldest Prince Wilhelm, who was killed in the war. Both Wilhelm II and CP Wilhelm outlived their grandson/son.

Tags
hohenzollern, prince georg friedrich, princess sophie of prussia, prussia