The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 11-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
The name of the newborn Prince is Heinrich Albert Johann Georg
Georg Friedrich & Sophie von Preußen: BUNTE.de verrät: So heißt ihr Baby-Prinz! | BUNTE.de
__________________

__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-24-2016, 09:56 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,421
A real nice name. I like Johann very much.
__________________

__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 747
Very happy for them
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-23-2017, 11:11 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,429
.

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended the awarding of the Great Cross of Merit to Franz, Duke of Bavaria at Bellevue Palace in Berlin, Germany, today, February 23, and posed for some photos with German President Joachim Gauck:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 07-01-2017, 10:25 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,429
.

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended a tribute ceremony for late former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, today, July 1:


** Pic **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,856


Thank you for posting this photo. I was viewing the services in France and Germany on a news photo website and I thought it was Georg and Sophie, but wasn't sure to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 10-30-2017, 07:28 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,429


You're most welcome!


Yesterday, October 29, the Prince of Prussia attended a mass celebrating the start of reconstruction of the tower of the Garrison Church in Potsdam, Germany.


** Pic **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,421
They will move to Potsdam:

Potsdam – Preußen-Prinz will nach Potsdam ziehen – MAZ - Märkische Allgemeine

https://translate.google.de/translat...hen&edit-text=
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 10-30-2017, 08:30 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,521
If there's one place where the Head of the House of Hohenzollern belongs it's in Potsdam.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 10-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If there's one place where the Head of the House of Hohenzollern belongs it's in Potsdam.
At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.
That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:20 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.
Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?
Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 11-12-2017, 05:37 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 16,923
Hohenzollern Castle undergoes comprehensive renovation - The work initiated by Prince Georg Friedrich on Wednesday noon will take 10 to 15 years and cost around ten million euros

Hechingen: Burg Hohenzollern wird umfassend saniert

https://translate.googleusercontent....2E_jgyciPdU3WQ
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 11-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.
The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.
It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 11-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?
No Idea. But it could also be that it passed direct to Prince Louis Ferdinand who was the Heir of Emperor Wilhelm II. and then it would have gone from him to Georg Friedrich who was the second heir.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 11-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?
I think you are confusing Crown Prince Wilhelm with his son eldest Prince Wilhelm, who was killed in the war. Both Wilhelm II and CP Wilhelm outlived their grandson/son.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hohenzollern, prince georg friedrich, princess sophie of prussia, prussia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011 lucien Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 291 09-20-2016 09:57 PM
Prince Sverre Magnus' first day at school, August 18, 2011 fairy tale Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 19 10-04-2013 06:51 AM
A girl for Crown Prince Billah and Princess Sarah: Princess Muneerah, January 2, 2011 royalrose Royal Family of Brunei 32 03-15-2013 12:06 AM




Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian castles countess of wessex crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex family search foundation french royalty friendly city future germany greece harry head of the house henry v jack brooksbank jerusalem kiko king philippe lineage lithuanian castles marriage meghan markle memoir monaco royal monarchism monarchist monarchy monogram official visit pakistan palaces patronages potential areas prince charles prince harry princess anne princess eugenie princess margaret queen mathilde rania of jordan relationship royal children royal tour rumania russian imperial family savoy saxony shakespeare sharjah siblings south africa spanish history state visit sweden trump usa valois viscount severn



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises