The Prince and Princess of Prussia: August 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to the couple on their third son and forth child. And to the whole family :flowers:

COngratulations to the Prince and Princess!

Such a pity we do not get to see the whole family !

Congratulations to Georg Friedrich and Sophie! The happiest days are when babies are born! :imperialgermany::imperialgermany:

Congratulations to the Prince and Princess! :imperialgermany: :germanyflag:

Now I understand why the Princess did not attend royal Events , she was pregnant.
Congratulations. Princess Cecilia must be happy with her many baby Nephews !

Now I understand why the Princess did not attend royal Events , she was pregnant.
Congratulations. Princess Cecilia must be happy with her many baby Nephews !

You mean Cornelie-Cecile, young father's sister?

Why Bremen?

I know his grandfather settled there after WW2 but was there some connection or just somewhere to land?

And, of course, congratulations to the happy couple?

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended the awarding of the Great Cross of Merit to Franz, Duke of Bavaria at Bellevue Palace in Berlin, Germany, today, February 23, and posed for some photos with German President Joachim Gauck:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Prince and Princess of Prussia attended a tribute ceremony for late former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, today, July 1:

** Pic **

:previous:

Thank you for posting this photo. I was viewing the services in France and Germany on a news photo website and I thought it was Georg and Sophie, but wasn't sure to be honest.

:previous:

You're most welcome! :flowers:

Yesterday, October 29, the Prince of Prussia attended a mass celebrating the start of reconstruction of the tower of the Garrison Church in Potsdam, Germany.

** Pic **

If there's one place where the Head of the House of Hohenzollern belongs it's in Potsdam.

At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.

At the time of ther Wedding they had lived in Berlin but they moved to Bremen before the birth of the twins. It's a pity that their children (specially the heir) where not born in Berlin or Potsdam.
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.

Last edited:
They should've, in my opinion, had something back of their properties after the reunification. At least Cecilienhof is something would be rightfully theirs though I guess it would've been like opening a can of worms regarding the giant estates of the prewar nobility.

That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.

That is my opinion too but the Contract for the reunification othe BRD and the DDR it was regulated that property which was expropriated between 19465 and 1949 would not be given back.
Around Potsdam there are also several Villa's like Villa Ingenheim and Villa Seelust which ahd belonged to prussian Princes. As for Cecilienhof in the 1920 it was regulated that Crown Prince Wilöhel, would have the right to live there.
Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?

Oh so right of residence but didn't own it?

Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.

Yes. As far as i know it would have ended after he and Cecilie had passed away. It was a similar case in Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Duke Carl Eduard and his children had right of residence for lifetime but ater Prince Friedrich Josias died it ended. Or the last King and Queen of Württemberg had rigt of residence at Bebenhausen Castle but it ended with the death of Queen charlotte in 1946.
The prussian's however owned Oels Castle in Silesia but of course it was also exopriated the same as House Doorn.

The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.

The State of the Netherlands should return Huis Doorn to the heirs of the last Emperor. But then it will be interesting to see WHO are the heirs? The Kaiser had seven children. I can not see this ever happen, unless the heirs agree that Huis Doorn should go to the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz with right of residence to the head of the House of Prussia.

It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.

It was already inhertied by Crown Prince Wilhelm if i recall it right. So in a potential return to the House of Prussia it would stay in that line.

That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?

Last edited:
That means that the two daughters of Kronprinz Wilhelm are the natural Heirs of Huis Doorn? So it should go to Princess Christa, the still living daughter (she has no children)? And eventually, after her, to the children of her sister, the late Princess Felicitas (the families Von der Osten and Von Nostitz-Wallwitz)?

Why then the attempts by Prince Georg-Friedrich to get Huis Doorn back?

No Idea. But it could also be that it passed direct to Prince Louis Ferdinand who was the Heir of Emperor Wilhelm II. and then it would have gone from him to Georg Friedrich who was the second heir.

I think you are confusing Crown Prince Wilhelm with his son eldest Prince Wilhelm, who was killed in the war. Both Wilhelm II and CP Wilhelm outlived their grandson/son.

Where did the Coburgs have a right of residence? Veste Coburg?

Back
Top Bottom