The Prince and Princess of Prussia: August 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He needs money :whistling:. He certainly wants to buy a house for his Sophie or has to pay money to his uncles and the Wümmehof is may be not sold yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do they live now? An apartment in Berlin? Too bad he has to sell something as historic as this.

:previous:
Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophia currently reside in Berlin where they both work as consultants.

Last edited:
I'm sure the $2 million will be much more useful to him then keeping the diamond in a vault, and I don't blame him! It could even sell for more since the Liz Taylor one sold for $8 million and they're similar in size. Plus Sotheby's always underestimates the value of jewels from
What I've seen.

Given the current realities, 2 million US dollars is not a large sum of money. It is sad that Prince Friedrich is forced to auction the family heirloom.

Bild.de says that a spokesperson of the family said that the prince needs the money.

Did the prince succeed in selling the Wümmehof ? I believe it was put of for sale in April 2010. Der Landsitz der Hohenzollern Wümmehof steht zum Verkauf - Bremen - Bild.de

it is a pity since the stone will probably disappear to some new made millionaire in Russia or China, but on the other hand: we haven't seen it on display for the last century either AFAIK. A pity they never used it as a pendant for a necklace or something (it may be too large). The last time it was used might have been the enthronement of Kaiser Wilhelm II? As it was supposed to be in the Prussian crown?

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and his wife Sophie visited Bad Homburg near Frankurt/Main, Germany,
last Saturday, March 10. They've been invited by the city to view the residence of Wilhelm II. and to
celebrate the 100th anniversary of Bad Homburg as a spa town. As presents they received the Homburg-
hats, Edward, Prince of Wales had once designed together with a fabricant of the town.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

An additional gallery can be found here!

Last edited:
The hats are really funny :)

Does anyone have the pictures from the marriage of Georgs cousin Duke Konstantin of Oldenburg to Esther Sanchez y Calvo from March 3rd in Madrid ??? Sophie wore a pretty mint dress.

Nice pictures!
These two always give me a good vibe. They seem very happy with each other.

Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie look wonderful.
They always seem to be so comfortable with each other; a lovely couple!

What an adorable couple; they look very happy with each other. I liked Sophie's green Homburg.

I think they should enjoy married life for a bit longer before having kids, Although I'm sure Georg wants to produce an heir.

Address

Dear Friends,

Somebody know the address of Their Royal Highness? I would like to write to them a letter.

THX,

Gabe

You can write to their office perhaps:

Generalverwaltung des vormals regierenden Preussischen Königshauses
Tristanstraße 17d
14109 Berlin Nikolassee

I think they should enjoy married life for a bit longer before having kids, Although I'm sure Georg wants to produce an heir.
Sophie is already 34, what to wait for?
Maybe she will throw out the pills on their first anniversary (As Princess Victoria probably did?:lol:)

Family planning isn't always that easy. Sometimes couples want to wait, sometimes Adebar stork lets them wait. And the couple certainly won't like to talk about. So we don't know.

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and his wife Sophie visited the new exhibition "Friederisiko" about
Frederick the Great in Potsdam, Germany, April 26, 2012. The exhibition that opens for the public
on April 28 makes use of 72 elaborately restored chambers and halls of the New Palace, some will
be open to the public for the first time.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Here's an additonal gallery with great pics of the Palace:

** pnn.de: Sonderausstellung „Friederisiko“ in Potsdam **

Last edited:
The sale was announced two months ago (see previous page).
The Telegraph has run the story because the diamond is on display in London for a few days.
ETA.. the auction date is 15 May.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, Seraphine. :)
Above the expected price, but still a bargain.
A diamond of that size, hue and clarity, not to mention the historical significance, is a really good investment.

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and his wife Sophie were among the guests at the wedding of Charles Alexander
Graf von Faber-Castell with Melissa Eliyesil at the Martin-Luther Kirche in Stein, Germany, today, May 26, 2012.

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

another...

Prince & Princess of Prussia

The grand building behind them is Schloss Stein, built 1903-06, once the seat of the Counts von Faber-Castell and now restored by the family as a showpiece.

The Princess looks lovely!
That's one really good-looking and dynamic couple. :)

The red something from the Faber Castell wedding was actually very old:

http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42953&d=1096362280

Sophie already owned it, when Elisabeth of Bavaria married Daniel Terberger (and there were no baby rumors).

Sophie and Georg are really somehow wedding jumpers.

This year it was the Oldenburg, the Faber Castell and the Bourbon wedding. They definitly travel a lot. And then there are all that jublees where normally not that much pictures are taken and the duties at Hohenzollern castle.

I bet they DO have Bonus miles on their account !!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom