The Prince and Princess of Prussia: August 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am certainly not wrong because I am aware of who is who. Louis Ferdinand is Georg Friedrich’s grandfather, and I think I read somewhere that he actually did try to initiate proceedings but probably his illness as you say prevented him from fully going through the process. He attempted to do recover lost properties but wasn’t successful. However his efforts led to changes in the compensation law

Well, your comment confuses the facts, let's sort this out for other members.

LF (the grandfather) did try to be refunded for expropriates possesions from 1945 while the then existing law (VermG) of the Russian occupier in East Germany did NOT apply for it.
Of course his claim was turned down before one could call it a case.
The law endured the fall of the Berlin wall and East German Republic.

GF (the grandson and still head of the house now) is the one who
like you put it "had legal issues with his uncles" (who had survived his father) after the death of LF.
Truth here: the uncle Friedrich Wilhem lived a morganatic marriage which disinherited him, which he tried to fight but lost in court

GF then in 2014 claimed possions, mostly art, two castles and right of residence
for two castles in Berlin.

His (GF') claims were legally accepted as based on the then (2014) and still existing law (EALG) applys to it.
UNLESS your ancestor (crucial here CP Wilhelm from Prussia, LF's father) had given considerable encouragement to Nazi regime. Which was the big question here.

At first ongoing behind the scenes negotiations and during the last years widely public discussions but court dispute took place for almost 10 years until GF now turned the claims down.

I hope GF finds his peace now with the situation. Luckily his grandfathers reputation was not crucial for the claims because though LF ran the story of being close to the resistance(never proofed but doubted) his role is interpretated not much better than his fathers CP Wilhelm
and as LF raised GF (whose father had died shortly after GF's birth) it had been much harder emotionally and I think the historians plus the media would have pointed out all the details and probably hurt GF and both ruined the prussian reputation for all times.

...At first ongoing behind the scenes negotiations and during the last years widely public discussions but court dispute took place for almost 10 years until GF now turned the claims down...

A good summary! But if you don't have very recent reports, then the "Chief of the House Hohenzollern", Georg Friedrich, has only ceased a part of his claims - to be exact for 4 000 pieces of art. He did so, to create a better atmosphere in the still ongoing legal dispute.

We had this here in the thread.

A good summary! But if you don't have very recent reports, then the "Chief of the House Hohenzollern", Georg Friedrich, has only ceased a part of his claims - to be exact for 4 000 pieces of art. He did so, to create a better atmosphere in the still ongoing legal dispute.

We had this here in the thread.

Thank you.

Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia attended the Prize for Understanding and Tolerance 2023 at the Jewish Museum in Berlin on November 11.

He accompanied 102 years old Margot Friedländer, German survivor of the Holocaust.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sophie, Princess of Prussia attended the 75th Bambi Awards in Munich yesterday, November 16, and posed for a photo with Sophie-Alexandra, Princess of Bavaria:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia, once again accompanying Holocaust survivor Margot Friedländer, attended an memorial event to honour the late politician Wolfgang Schaeuble at the German lower house of parliament (Bundestag) in Berlin today, January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, February 14, Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia attended the Berlin Peace Dialogue in Berlin:

** Pic ** gallery **

Back
Top Bottom