The Prince and Princess of Prussia: August 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Prussiasmaller.jpg

The Prince and Princess of Prussia
House of Hohenzollern

HRH Prince George Friedrich (1976- )
Head of the Royal House of Prussia since 1994

only son of the late HRH Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia and HIllH Countess Donata zu Castell-Rüdenhausen
(who is now married to Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg)

married 2011 HSH Princess Sophie (1978- )
daughter of Franz Alexander, 8th Fürst von Isenburg and Countess Christine von Saurma

descent from Queen Victoria
v
Princess Victoria ('Vicky'), married to Emperor Friedrich III
v
Wilhelm II, German Emperor and King of Prussia
v
Wilhelm, Crown Prince of the German Empire and of Prussia
v
Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia
v
Prince Louis Ferdinand
v
Georg Friedrich
, Prince of Prussia

PrussiaQueensStandard.gif

Prussia - Queen's Standard

  

Last edited:
The Prince and the Princess of Prussia: August 2011

August the 25 th Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia married Princess Sophie of Isenburg in the townhouse of Potsdam. Scince Princess Kira's death in 1967 the house of Prussia has a new Princess.

Now it's time for a new thread for their current activities, because they will attend on many events in the future.

Their wedding thread can be found: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ophie-of-isenburg-27-august-2011-a-30164.html

Does anyone know where or if George Friedrich and Sophie went on honeymoon?

What a lovely and romantic honeymoon destination. They both deserve it as they are a lovely couple.

I realise that the descent shown from Queen Victoria is the senior descent, but can we show the other line?
Queen Victoria
|
Prince Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha
|
Princess Victoria Melitta Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, m Grand Duke Kirril of Russia
|
Grand Duchess Lira. m Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia
|
Prince Louis Ferdinand
|
Prince Georg Friedrich

I think that this is just as interesting, involving some very unique characters in Royal history

Lovely to see Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie out and about. Married life must be treating them well as they both look so happy together.

Last edited:
Soon after attending the celebrations for King Michael's birthday, Georg Friedrich and Sophie left in order to attend another birthday, the one of Prince Carl zu Wied (husband of Sophie's sister Isabelle) who turns 50 today.

Thank you Serphine for the pictures from King Michael's birthday celebrations, I've seen pictures of the other Royals, but not of Prince George Friedrich and Princess Sophie. A lovely couple.

Thank you Serphine for the pictures from King Michael's birthday celebrations, I've seen pictures of the other Royals, but not of Prince George Friedrich and Princess Sophie. A lovely couple.

You can find the pics in row 6, last one, row 8, the 2nd pic, row 9, last one and row 10, last one.

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and his wife Sophie visited the Legoland Discovery Center in
Berlin, Germany, on December 9, 2011. They viewed a model of the city palace, which can be
seen at Legoland from January 2012 on. Georg, Prince of Prussia is a keen Lego fan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! :flowers: Both appear nice and happy as usual, good to see! I quite like Sophie's outfit, too.

What an adorable couple; marriage suits them very well. I like Sophie's casual outfit as well.

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! :flowers: Both appear nice and happy as usual, good to see! I quite like Sophie's outfit, too.

You're most welcome! I must admit I had not known that Berlin has a Legoland Discovery
Center, so it's been a good advertising to invite them..;)

Some pics without watermarks can be found here:

** Prinzen-Besuch: Royaler Glanz im Legoland **

** Prince Georg Friedrich Prinz of Prussia and his wife princess Sophie present the LEGO City Castle **

It's wonderful to see pictures of this happy new Royal Couple. I hope the very best for their lives now and in the future. Hopefully they will integrate well with other "Royals" and be invited to the many other royal events I read about in Hello, Pont de Vue, and other magazines. I live in Los Angeles and I'm tired of hearing and reading about Hollywood personalities and the wretched sports 'stars' that are always in the headlines. Royal News is most always refreshing. Again, Best Wishes to the New Royal Couple.

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and his wife Sophie attended a reception and dinner hosted by
German President Christian Wulff and his wife to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the birth of
Frederick the Great at Bellevue Palace, the official residence of the president, in Berlin on January
16, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife/reuters/gettyimages ** gettyimages gallery **

The colour of the dress suits her, but not the cut of the upper part. She looks a bit bored or sick, but I can't be due to pregnancy sickness, because she is thinner than ever. Both couples look very similar.

That's a pretty dusty pink color on her, but I don't like that pleated bodice. She does look pretty, though.

Sophie is the absolute image of my Mother, so I can't help but smile whenever I see pics of her!!

Prince Georg Friederich of Prussia (L-R), Berlin Mayor K. Wowereit and German President C. Wulff attend the celebrations to mark the 300th birthday of former Prussian king Frederick the Great in Berlin January 24, 2012.

**Pic** - Getty

Back
Top Bottom