The Royal House of Prussia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRH Prince Michael of Prussia passed away on 03 April 2014, aged 74.

He was born on 22 March 1940, the second child and son of Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia, Head of the former German Imperial House, and of his wife, née Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia.
He was married firstly from 1966 to 1982 to Jutta Jörn, by whom he had two daughters. By marrying to a commoner, Michael lost his succession rights to the headship of the Prussian Royal House.
He then married secondly in 1982 to Brigitte Dallwitz-Wegner; their marriage was childless.
He is survived by his wife Brigitte, by his two daughters Micaela (with her husband and children) and Nataly, as well as by three of his seven siblings and many nephews and nieces.

PREUSSEN: Prinz Michael ist tot | Südwest Presse Online

The article states that prince Georg Friedrich and his wife also attended the funeral.

Biri, I looked at both the Peerage News and the Royal News of 2014, Section I.
There is no location given for Princess Florence and James Tollemache's wedding.
Has any news been stated of the wedding's location?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hon. James Tollemache (youngest son of the 5th Baron Tollemache) and Florence von Preussen (daughter of Prince Frederick Nicholas of Prussia and of his wife, née The Hon. Victoria Mancroft) were married on 10 May 2014 in Somerset.

Royal Musings: von Preussen-Tollemache wedding

Last edited:
I am fascinated with the floral arch.
Princess Florence's wedding dress is regally stunning.
I like the various hues of blue of James Tollemache's frock coat, tie, and vest.

An odd interview by the Dutch NRC Handelsblad with Kyril Philip Prinz von Preussen.

He is a vicar and apparently asked for forgiveness during an event at the Royal Albert Hall for Kaiser Wilhelm II and started crying on stage. He seems rather over-zealous but also holds a grudge towards his cousin Prince Georg Friedrich and emphasizes that he is the oldest son of the oldest son. He calls his grandfather's disapproval of his parents marriage & disinheritance 'very stupid'. Since he obviously realised that that wasn't really in the christian spirit of forgiveness and humbleness, he quickly talked about religious vagueries and said that he was waiting for the arrival of the messiah.

Original article in Dutch:
NRC Reader

Last edited:
He has made these sort of comments before hasn't he? If he is the man I'm thinking of then to be honest he has never come across as very Christian, especially for a priest. I have a feeling that he has a sense of entitlement, feels that he should be the head of the house, not GF. and really resents GF for it.

From previous interviews of Prince Philip I got the impression that he still suffers a lot of bitterness and resentment because as a child he was not fully accepted by his his grand-parents. It must be hard for a child to be side-lined by the family. His father's remarriage to a noble women probably didn't help to overcome his resentment. That is all very understandably in a child. But in an adult it is not very likeable, imho.

Princess Augusta of Prussia (b.1986, youngest daughter of Prince Nicholas of Prussia and his wife Princess Victoria née the Hon. Victoria Lucinda Mancroft) is engaged to marry Mr. Caspar Helmore.

Mr C.W. Helmore and Princess Augusta von Preussen - Engagements Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Augusta is the second youngest of four siblings. Her sister Florence got married to James Tollemache last year. The family is living in GB since their grandfather got married to Lady Brigid Guinness.

The Denkmalskirche which was attached to rear of Berlin's Cathedral housed the tombs of many members of the Hohenzollern dynasty and it survived WWII.In 1975 the East German Government demolished this chapel,there are calls for it to be rebuilt,the tombs of the Hohenzollern dynasty were rehoused in the cathedrals crypt.

Inside the now destroyed Denkmalskirche

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/gallery/berlin/201.jpg

Arial view of the chapel

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/gallery/berlin/001.jpg

Its demolition in 1975

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/gallery/berlin/198b.jpg

How sad for his family.What did he actually do during his life? Was he an academic? The article mentions that he wrote some books about the family history (and of course also the story of him having to return his PhD, which IIRC allagedly pained the late Pss Kira much).

Did the prince only contest the inheritance distribution or did he also contest his nephew Georg-Friedrich as head of the family? And is his son expected to continue these claims/ law suits? The son seemed rather bitter about the matter in an interview I read & posted a while back.

Last edited:
How sad for his family.What did he actually do during his life? Was he an academic? The article mentions that he wrote some books about the family history (and of course also the story of him having to return his PhD, which allagedly pained the late Pss Kira much).

Did the prince only contest the inheritance distribution or did he also contest his nephew Georg-Friedrich as head of the family? And is his son expected to continue these claims/ law suits? The son seemed rather bitter about the matter in an interview I read & posted a while back.

I think the story with the PhD was later when Princess Kira had already passed away. But i have read somewhere that it was his first marriage who pained her very much as she died only around 2 weeks later.
As far as i know Georg Friedrich has a good relationship to his cousins. At last the children of Friedrich Wilhelm's second marriage. Both his sons attended Georg Friedrich's Wedding.

Last edited:
Philip Womack and his wife Princess Tatiana of Prussia welcomed on 21 November 2015 their eldest son and child, Arthur Frederick Richard Womack von Preussen.

Tatiana is the daughter of Prince Andreas of Prussia (himself a son of the late Prince Friedrich of Prussia, fourth son of Crown Prince Wilhelm, and of his wife, née Lady Brigid Guinness) and of his wife, née Alexandra Blahova. She and Philip Womack married last year.

Peerage News: Arthur Frederick Richard Womack von Preussen (b 2015)

Earlier this year, Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia expressed interest in being present for the 25th anniversary celebrations of the German-Polish Treaty of Good Neighbourship and Friendly Cooperation.

Franz Wilhelm was born in 1943 in what is now the Polish town of Zabór - the locale was also the residence of his dual paternal step-great grandmother and maternal grandmother, the Empress Hermine.

Prince Franz Wilhelm is the former husband of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia and the father of their son, Grand Duke George.

Zurück zu den Wurzeln | Wochenblatt

After the divorce I suppose he uses again his Prussian titles and not the titles given by his father in law.

Wonderful news! I thought they wouldn't have more children, given their ages and the fact they already have twin sons and a little girl.

Four children under the age of four. What a handful! God bless them.

Congrats!
Does his sister Cornelie-Cecile live with them? After their mother's dearh, he is her legal guardian, I suppose.

Congrats!
Does his sister Cornelie-Cecile live with them? After their mother's dearh, he is her legal guardian, I suppose.
A few years ago i have read that she used to live in a special care and spend the weekends with her mother and stepfather. Don't know how it now since the death of her mother.

Back
Top Bottom