The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena
That's a toughie because she isn't seen at many events. I think she lives in a special group home outside of her family home, but I can't be sure. She seems very independent at any rate - I don't know the extent of the disability. There was one picture of her with her brother at one event but I don't have it. If I find it, I will post it for you. As for a very recent photo, I don't think one exists in the public domain :(
Thanks, that would be great! I tried to find some pics on the net but all of them were quite old. Judging from the pictures she doesn't look that handicapped but of course it's hard to tell. It's great that she seems independent. In which part of Germany does she live?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Gentry

Sorry, I don't know.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Gentry

Ein Besuch aufm Burg Hohenzollern

An interesting You Tube video about a visit to Burg Hohenzollern (Prussian/Hohenzollern castle in SW Germany)

and another:

Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Gentry

Another interesting article

FTS Media | Dokumentationen | Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern

this also has a new pic of GF...not *new* just never posted before
Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
FTS Media | Dokumentationen | Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern

If you click on the Picture that says "Die Preussischen Hohenzollern" there is a video stream. It says below to: "Klik auf das Bild startet einen Video-Stream". You can actually listen to GF speak and see a brief introduction to the documentary. All in German, untranslated.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Gentry

A picture of GF, Kira Marina Bismarck (nee Liepsner) and her husband Andreas Bismarck at a memorial for Kira v. Preussen (Kira Marina's mother) who died not too long ago after sucumbing to her bout with cancer.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/2886...0A760B0D811297

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/2886...0A760B0D811297
Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know if Kira Marina Liepsner's husband, Andreas Bismarck, is related to the Princely family of 'von Bismarck'?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Gentry

Yes, he is. Andreas is descended from Otto von Bismarck, who was bestowed with titles and honours in the late 19th century:

-His Illustrious Highness, Count von Bismarck
-His Serene Highness, Prince von Bismarck
-His Highness, Duke von Lauenburg

Andreas is the son of Hans von Bismarck & Cornelie von Schwerin.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If you click on the Picture that says "Die Preussischen Hohenzollern" there is a video stream. It says below to: "Klik auf das Bild startet einen Video-Stream". You can actually listen to GF speak and see a brief introduction to the documentary. All in German, untranslated.
You can translate the page via Google. Just type in Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern and click on Translate this page.

It's a shame that I cannot find the link to the whole documentary, Emperor, king, citizen - the Prussian Hohenzollern, it would have been a pleasure to see it. All I know is that it aired in Dec 2006 on ZDF/arte. If anyone knows where to find the link to the whole series, please let us know.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
You can translate the page via Google. Just type in Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preußischen Hohenzollern and click on Translate this page.

It's a shame that I cannot find the link to the whole documentary, Emperor, king, citizen - the Prussian Hohenzollern, it would have been a pleasure to see it. All I know is that it aired in Dec 2006 on ZDF/arte. If anyone knows where to find the link to the whole series, please let us know.
Well, I tried to find if they were selling a copy on DVD like some larger broadcasters do (Discovery, TLC, History Channel) and I haven't had any luck. If I find it, I will either let everyone know or upload it via RapidShare, etc...if I can learn how to insert subtitles I will translate it, too.

It's nice to hear the people talk not just see photos. GF's a pretty happy, accessible guy it seems...very upbeat. Refreshing!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lately, my interest in the history of the family has increased (along with other German royals) and I've been trying to find more information about them lately.

I have many books that discuss several German houses, including The Small German Courts in the Eighteenth Century, which is mainly about the Duchy of Wurttemberg and the County of Montbeliard, but I have yet to find a solid book about the Hohenzollern's.

If you could recommend any I would be very grateful.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras

Hi!
you can buy the documentation "Kaiser, König, Bürger - Die preussischen Hohenzollern" (article number 34879) on DVD (German language) via
SWR Media Services
Tel. +49 7221 929 500
EURO 29,--

And it is very likeley that arte sells a French language version of the documentation.

Best Regards,

Richygold
Old 07-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Gentry

I particularly liked the video because it showed a lot about his parents, the castle, Louis Ferdinand Sr...etc. It was very informative - like that he only really goes to the Burg maybe one month out of the year (probably for the Prinzessin Kira Stiftung) and even then, owns a house in Hechingen and doesn't even stay in the castle! I guess he prefers his two room apartment in Berlin! LOL.... What was even nicer is that he's a very accessible person and gladly speaks and meets with visitors to Burg Hohenzollern. The days of the aloof noble is going to pass with the older generation I think...
Old 07-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Hello to all. I stumbled on this site looking for an answer to a puzzle. Is there a Prince by the name Rolf von Preussen of Reuss?

Sincerely,

AlliC
Old 07-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Administrator

He can't be "of Prussia of Reuss" as that makes no sense. In any case, the Princes of Reuss are named Heinrich.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Have Georg Friedrich and his Uncle Michael with whom he disputed the inheritance reconciled?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

Ladies in the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena View Post

Are any of those two ladies related to the Hohenzollern RF ?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Are any of those two ladies related to the Hohenzollern RF ?
These 2 ladies are Princess Felicitas and Princess Christa the daughters of Prince Wilhelm (1906-1940) the oldest son of Crown Prince Wilhelm and Crown Princess Cecilie and older brother of Prince Louis Ferdinand. He renounced on his sucession rights in 18933 to marry the non equal Dorothea von Salviati.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Yesterday night on the weekly "Anne Will"- show in German ARD-programme there was some discussion about the new German law about obligation to pay maintenance. One of the participants was Phillip Kyril of Prussia, great-great grandson of Emperor Wilhelm II. He´s the son of Friedrich-Wilhelm from Prussia who´s two times divorced (first to Phillip´s mother Waltraud Freydag and second to Ehrengard von Rheden). Haven´t seen Phillip for years (probably last time when he was a child). He looks so similiar to his dad it´s amazing! Phillip is married since 1994 to some commoner named Christine Soltau and father of six! children and told that he suffered a lot from his parents´ divorce. He seems to be very religious (protestant) and isn´t at all tolerant seeing all the other people becoming divorced. He wants them to make some marriage-license before marrying and he counted that the political economic damage of divorces is probably much higher than all yearly traffic-accidents together. He to me appears kind of very conservative although he´s only 39. He looks so accurate with his tie and suit and haircut. Don´t know whether they repeat the show on "Phoenix" or so.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Nobility

Does the Hohenzollern Family own any other significant properties other than Burg Hohenzollern and Schloss Sigmaringen?

Tags
brandenburg, funeral, german royalty, germany, hohenzollern, house of hohenzollern, prussia, wedding