The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Yesterday the funeral took place. Here ist the report on it including a picture gallery on the right handside:

suedkurier.de | Friedrich Wilhelm beerdigt

Unfortunatly there are no names included in the gallery. However, you might be able to discover one or the other member of German royalty or otherwise well known people. E.g. Pic 24 Prince Bernhard of Baden and his wife Stephanie, Pic 38 Tanja Gönner, a lawyer, CDU politician and member of the Baden-Württemberg Landesregierung, and Pic 70 seems to be the youngest child of Fürstin Gloria ....
Isn't Archduke Martin of Austria-Este in picture 35?

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Isn't Archduke Martin of Austria-Este in picture 35?
That is Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Oh, right, thanks for the correction!
And did anyone from the Austrian Imperial Family attend the funeral?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Poor Karl! He looked really sad

How was the relationship between father and son?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Oh, right, thanks for the correction!
And did anyone from the Austrian Imperial Family attend the funeral?
There was a big number of Royal Guests. As i was there a little report.

As i was in Sigmaringen today a small report: the first guests arrived at the Church short after 10h00.
Among theose i recognized:
Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia,
Duke Carl, Duke Friedrich and Duke Ferdinand of Württemberg
Margrave Max, Margravine Valerie, Hereditary Prince Bernhard, Hereditary Princess Stephanie, Prince Leopold and Prince Michael of Baden
Landgrave Moritz of Hesse
Fürst Alexander zu Schaumbrug-Lippe
Archduke Joseph, Archduchess Maria and Archduke Michael of Austria
Duke Max and Duchess Elizabeth in Bavaria, Prince Leopold, Princess Ursula, Prince Manuel, Prince Adalbert and Princess Sandra of Bavaria
Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein
Prince Michael and Princess Dagmar of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
Fürt Kraft and Hereditary Prince Kraft zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen
Hereditary Count Karl-Eugen and Hereditary Coutness Andrea of Neipperg
Hereditary Count Erich and Hereditary Countess Mathilde of Waldburg zu Zeil and Trauchburg
Fürst Albrt of Thurn and Taxis
Fürstin Heinrich and Fürstin Paula zu Fürstenberg
Prince Andreas and Princess Luise zu Hohenlohe-Langenbrug
Count Hans-Veit zu Toerring-Jettenbach
Fürst Mariano Hugo zu Windisch-Graetz
Fürst Johann Friedrich zu Castell-Rüdenhausen and at last one of his brothers
Count Gustav zu Solms-Laubach
Count Alexander of Schönburg-Glauchau
Fürst Philipp zu Stolberg-Wernigerode
Prince Maximilian zu Ysenburg and Büdingen
Count Hans Veit zu Toerring-Jettenbach
Fürst Andreas and Fürstin Alexandra zu Leiningen
Prince Karl-Emich and Prince Isabelle zu Leiningen
Duke Borwin zu Mecklenburg
The children and silbing of the late Fürst arrived at the back of the Church out of the opublic. After the service already had started Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern arrived together with another Couple. The Service lasted for about 2 hours. Prayer where read among others by some of the grandchildren. I could follow all on a bigs scree outside the Church. At the end of the Service the coffin was carried outside. After a while all people outside could go into the Church to pay their last respect to the late Fürst. I then saw that the guest left at the back of the Church and went there to see them going. But the new Fürst and his brothers had either already left ot taken another way outisde. But i could no also see Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern under the guests leaving wo either walked to the Castle or where droven in Cars.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it true that Zizi Lambrino's grandson, Paul, was invited at this event?

Funeralii Regale
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

Legally, Karl Friedrich is not a prince. He has the surname Fürst von Hohenzollern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
It's catholicism different in Germany from Italy, where I live, or it's different just for princes? A catholic blessing for remarried divorcees sounds very new and incoherent to me!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Nobility

No that's wrong. In his passport his name is Karl Friedrich Prinz von Hohenzollern. German law doesn't know any noble titles. After 1918 the minor family title after the head became part of the name of all family members.

When there was a King, know the family members are prince and princess AND additional Duke and Ducches; except Würrtemberg - they call themselves only Duke and Ducches.
Example: Iris Prinzessin von Sachsen Herzogin zu Sachsen. Sophie Prinzessin von Bayern, Herzogin in Bayern.When there was a grandduke, today all are named as Duke of xyz like Friedrich Herzog von Oldenburg.

When there was a Fürst, today all are Prince and princess like Albert Prinz von Thurn und Taxis.

When there was a minor Fürst, today only the head is a prince and the rest Count(ess) like Donata Gräfin von Castell-Rhüdenhausen.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

On a very twisted way, I guess one could say that the Duchess Elizabeth of Bavaria represented the Douglas family, at one point related to the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringens through the second wedding of Queen Augusta Victoria of Portugal (née H-S).

I am still looking for a photo of her 2nd husband, Count Douglas.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Discussion of titles has been moved to the German Royal & Noble Titles and Protocols thread.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Pictures of Prince Karl Friedrich and his wife Princess Katharina Nina of Hohenzollern at the annual christmas market on Sigmaringen castle.

1 - 2 - 3
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Interview made to princess Maria Luisa de Pruisa, the wife of conde Rudy:
<p>Entrevista a S.A.R. la Princesa María Luisa de Prusia.</p>
Old 02-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Does anyone know of any pictures of Prince Christian Ludwig of Prussia? I cannot seem to find any of him.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Commoner

Smile Hohenzollern's in Royal Weddings

I have a question? Apparently I've noticed that during weddings I don't see any representative of the Hohenzollern Royal family? I've noticed during the wedding of Prince Frederick that HI&RH Archduchess Francesca of Austria-Hungary was there so was the HIM the Empress of Iran, Princess Rosario of Bulgaria. During the Spanish wedding of the Prince of Asturias, the Italian Royal family was there, HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia was also there. During the Swedish wedding of Crown Princess Victoria, Yugoslav Royal family was there as well Princess Margarita of Romania. Are the Hohenzollern's not invited? I've read articles in which I've seen HI&RH Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attend royal weddings of such when she was still alive, why did it end there? I've seen HRH Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend weddings of minor German princes but I haven't seen him in any functions or occasion's like (e.g. Funerals and Burials) where a Monarchy exist's in that country, as far as I know he is also related to all the reigning houses in Europe and a descendant of Queen Victoria like most of the reigning houses. Kindly enlighten me....
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Commoner

Why doesn't any of the Hohenzollern Royal Family Attend Occasions of Reigning Houses?

Howcome no one from the Hohenzollern family attend occasions of reigning monarchies of Europe? Are they simply not invited even though they are related? or they simple just don't go and why? I've only seen Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attend such events when she was still alive, after that, I don't see any representative's of the House of Prussia anymore....
Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Fürst Karl Friedrich was a guest at a German talkshow

Sigmaringer Adel im Fernsehstudio | SÜDKURIER Online

Google Übersetzer

Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Alexandra lives with her daughters now?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Which is the reaction of the House of Hohenzollern about the Romanian Royal Decree of the 10th of May 2011 in which the links of the Romanian Royal House with the Hohenzollerns are considered over?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Which is the reaction of the House of Hohenzollern about the Romanian Royal Decree of the 10th of May 2011 in which the links of the Romanian Royal House with the Hohenzollerns are considered over?
I don't understand why the head of the Romanian Royal house issued the decree. What was the catalyst to do so?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is just a confirmation of what King Ferdinand I of Romania did in 1921.

Tags
brandenburg, funeral, german royalty, germany, hohenzollern, house of hohenzollern, prussia, wedding