Prussian and Hohenzollern Palaces, Castles and other Royal Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rebuilding of the Berlin Stadtschloss is really starting to take shape!

Can anyone recommend (if there is any) any books in English on Prussia/German Castles, and Palaces?

The Berlin Stadtschloss in April 2019,the facade is really coming along and work restoring the area around the palace and on Berlins Cathedral also.

This is a wonderful project that restores much of the prewar streetscape. I'd love to see an exact replica but I appreciate that that would be impractical. The Tuileries should be next!

The dome and gilded cross were added to the Berliner Stadtschlosslast week,its really starting to take shape.

Some footage of the Stadtschloss in Berlin on December 16th

The Berlin Stadtschloss and I'm afraid to say I do not like the controversial modern facade and it does little for me.

The Berlin Stadtschloss and I'm afraid to say I do not like the controversial modern facade and it does little for me.

An Ard Ri, may I ask why you do not like the facade?
Simply the art does nothing for you or the political and historical explosive behind the "Fassade" which literraly means both the outiside of a building and the external impact of the prussian reign(hiding all it's controversial contens).
Thanks, interesting discussion here.

An Ard Ri, may I ask why you do not like the facade?
Simply the art does nothing for you or the political and historical explosive behind the "Fassade" which literraly means both the outiside of a building and the external impact of the prussian reign(hiding all it's controversial contens).
Thanks, interesting discussion here.

I think An Ard Ri was talking about the one part of the Fassade who was not rebuild original. And i have to say i agree with him on thhis.

A proverbial can of worms would also be opened up with regard to many propertied families in the former German Democratic Republic and in western Poland, whose properties were expropriated. While it makes for genuinely poignant family history, for people with titles linked to land in Poland especially can imply a calling into question of the Oder-Neisse border between Germany and Poland.

When one speaks therefore of dynastic restitution of properties east of the former Iron Curtain, it is somewhat reminiscent of the situation of the post-Sandinista government in Nicaragua, when huge US companies incessantly demanded compensation for property in pre-Sandniista times to the extent of it becoming US foreign policy. (All the Sandinistas had to do was to say to the poverty-stricken Nicaraguan electorate: 'Look how the US is treating the government that is supposed to be its friend'; the Sandinistas were later elected to power: with an aura of legitimacy which the incessant demands for restitution by big corporations had ironically given them.)

If formerly reigning dynasties in parts of Eastern Europe ever hope to become established as popular and representative, then concern for the welfare of the common people needs to be a stance that is put way before issues of dynastic property restitution.
None of them are hoping to rule again nor are many of them hoping to rule

Does anyone know if Georg-Friedrich owns the Prince’s house on the Prince’s island?

I am asking if he owns the properties on the island because I saw a picture of house on it

In Germany there is a real estate law different from the British: If you own the ground, the soil, you own everything on it. So, if the island is in Hohenzollern property, then so are the buildings.

In Germany there is a real estate law different from the British: If you own the ground, the soil, you own everything on it. So, if the island is in Hohenzollern property, then so are the buildings.
Then he’s got good real estate there then. Unfortunately the dynasty had much of its properties in the East of Germany and in parts of what is now Poland. I highly doubt with the communists and leftists in Brandenburg that he will get any compensation.

The Prinzeninsel looks very picturesque and a nice holiday retreat!

Back
Top Bottom