Prince Georg Friedrich (1976- ) Head of the Royal House of Prussia (2003-Aug 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
Prussiasmaller.jpg

HI&RH Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia (Bremen, 10 June 1976 -)

Head of the Imperial and Royal House of Prussia
Head of The House of Hohenzollern

Info from Netty's Royal Page (EXCELLENT site...highly recommend it)

Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia
Full name: Georg Friedrich Ferdinand
Title: Prince of Prussia (His Imperial and Royal Highness)
Born: Bremen, Germany, June 10th, 1976

Parents: Louis-Ferdinand Prince of Prussia (1944-1977) and 1975, Donata countess of Castell-Rüdenhausen (1950)
Stephfather: Friedrich August Duke of Oldenburg (1936)
Sister: Cornelie Cécile (1978)
Steph-brother: Paul (1969, married)
Steph-sisters: Rixa (1970) and Bibiane (1974)

Education: School in Bremen; Gymnasium, Oldenburg in Holstein, Germany (2 years, around 1991); Glenalmond College, Aberdeen, Scotland (-1996) - A-levels'; German Army (1996-1998) - Gebirgsjägern (German Mountain Troops) in the Mittenwald; Technical University of Freiberg, Saxony (199:cool: - business administration; trainees in Germany and abroad, among others at a German Internet company (2000) and stayed for a few months in Ecuador.

Personality: spontaneous, punctual, sense of duty.

Hobbies: history, mountain-biking, judo, taekwondo, travelling, hunting and shooting.

Further facts: Grew up in Fischerhude near Bremen, Germany. Head of the Royal Family of Prussia since September 25th, 1994. 1.93m tall. Chairman of the Prinzessin Kira von Preussen Stiftung.

Julia

Attachments

• Georg.jpg
    Georg.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3,070
Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
pictures from www.ibl.se

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,144
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,851
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,271
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3,019
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,003
Does anyone have any idea what he's up to nowadays? Is he dating? Is he still studying? What's going on with the inheritance issues?

Mandatory Credit: Photo By FRANK ROLLITZ/REX FEATURES Prince Georg Friedrich von Prussia FUNERAL OF PHILIPP ERNST FURST ZU SCHAUMBURG LIPPE, CASTLE BUCKEBURG, GERMANY - 08 SEP 2003 427384/WSH

Pic originally posted by Ademar at Glittering Royal Events Messageboard

Attachments

• george_fredirch_of_Prussia.JPG
    george_fredirch_of_Prussia.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,972
Is the Sophie von Isenburg on Seegerpress-Online the same Sophie von Isenburg dating Georg? The photos look like wedding photos.

Concering the court case George Friedrich won the case (at much expense) he is the head of the house and the will was upheld meaning he got everything. The requirement for equal marriage (which GF is a product of) was only for 3 generations - which means it expired with his parents. GF is under no obligation to marry a person of high birth. Though, he probably will.

New pictures of Georg Friecrich, at the annual charity concert at Hohenzollern castle.

Georg Friedrich and his castle :)

pre-SEEGER00122756.jpg
pre-SEEGER00122757.jpg

pre-SEEGER00122758.jpg
pre-SEEGER00122759.jpg

Posing with a portrait of one of his ancestors, you can certainly tell they're related!

pre-SEEGER00122761.jpg

Inside the castle (in the Grafensal) giving a speech

pre-SEEGER00122762.jpg

with musician Viktoria Lakissova

pre-SEEGER00122767.jpg

with other musicians

pre-SEEGER00122766.jpg

Georg Friedric at the 60th birthday of Franz Friedrich of Prussia, October 2004

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 660
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 573
Last week Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia visited a Photo exhibition at Castle Hohenzollern in Hechingen. The topic of that are pictures of the life of his grandfather, Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia. At the first photo he is looking at a picture with him.
Photos by Seegerpress.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00136276.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136276.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 552
  • pre-SEEGER00136281.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136281.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 506
  • pre-SEEGER00136282.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136282.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 693
  • pre-SEEGER00136287.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136287.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 550
  • pre-SEEGER00136288.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136288.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 689
  • pre-SEEGER00136289.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136289.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 611
  • pre-SEEGER00136297.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136297.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 476
  • pre-SEEGER00136465.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00136465.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 549
I remember when he did an interview for Vanity Fair. He was quoted as to saying that "the German people should think about bringing back the monarchy, I am sure it will happen." He was in the section called rulers without a throne.

Are the people of Germany unhappy with the present government or was he just being a little cocky.

I read that article, too. In fact, I still have that edition of Vanity Fair. I don't know that he was being cocky so much as planting a seed in the minds of the German people. I don't think he's so much saying that if they choose to have the v. Preussen house reinstalled as rulers, he's going to be an absolute monarch. I'm very certain he will at best be ceremonial. It would be interesting to see...it must be difficult for him to have been raised with a particular history and particular ideals to uphold that are now defunct. What I'm trying to say is to be raised to think like a Kaiser...but there be no Kaiserreich!!

Last edited:
I'm sure I've asked this question before but has he given any interviews that address his feelings about being part of a now defunct royal family? Very difficult for him, I would imagine!

A couple of years before the VF interview, he spoke to London's Daily Telegraph and said he was glad he didn't have to deal with the same stuff William & Harry deal with.

Royal House of Hohenzollern (Prussia)

I like to start a new thread with Information and Pics of the Prussian Family which ruled Germany until World War I 1918 including the Members of the House of Prussia today.

Here is a pic of Georg Friedrich of Prussia with his Sister Cornelie Cecilie.

Attachments

• Cornelia Cecilie Preussen mit Bruder Georg.jpg
    Cornelia Cecilie Preussen mit Bruder Georg.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,192
Hohenzollerns

A couple of pics:

HI & RH Georg-Friedrich (b 1976), Prince of Prussia, Head of the Imperial and Royal House of Prussia, Head of the House of Hohenzollern.

Burg Hohenzollern, the seat of the dynasty, in the south of Wurttemberg. This fabulous castle is still owned by the family.

Attachments

• Prussia HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich.jpg
    Prussia HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 4,444
  • Hohenzollern Burg Hohenzollern.jpg
    Hohenzollern Burg Hohenzollern.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,300
Is Prince Georg Friedrich and his sister, Cornelie Cecilie children of Prince Louis Ferdinand and Princess Kira?

Jil said:
Is Prince Georg Friedrich and his sister, Cornelie Cecilie children of Prince Louis Ferdinand and Princess Kira?
No, they are the grandchildren of Prince Louis Ferdinand and the former Grand Duchess Kira.

The eldest son, Prince Friedrich Wilhelm, renounced his rights for himself and his descendants in 1967 (unequal marriage);

The second son, Prince Michael, had done the same in 1966 (same reason);

The third son, Prince Louis Ferdinand (jnr) was killed in an accident during army manoeuvres in 1977. He had married two years previously HIllH Countess Donata, daughter of the 4th Fürst zu Castell-Rüdenhausen. They had two children, Prince Georg Friedrich, the current Head of the House of Hohenzollern, and Princess Cornelie-Cecile, who was born posthumously in 1978.

morgaine said:
I like to start a new thread with Information and Pics of the Prussian Family which ruled Germany until World War I 1918 including the Members of the House of Prussia today.

Here is a pic of Georg Friedrich of Prussia with his Sister Cornelie Cecilie.

Isn't this his cousin Victoria-Luise? I always thought that Cornelie-Cecile was mentally handicapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom