The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
It's actually his uncle Prince Christian Sigismund who is blind and was with him.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Courtier

What was the bloke in the pink shirt talking about in the newsroom?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Nobility

I like his reference to chicken mcnuggets!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Discussion of the Kaiser has been moved to the Kaiser Wilhelm II thread.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich does for Christmas? With whom and where does he spend it?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena View Post
Some pictures from somewhere in Niedersachsen.
These pictures were made at the Steinhuder Meer near Hanover ( lower saxony's capital ). It's one of the biggest seas in Germany but very shallow. Thousands of people of this region spend their weekends there. Very nice region ! The houses in the backround are old fisher houses, which are shops and museums today. In this region people do a lot of fishing ( morays ) and they have many sheeps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Georg Friedrich really seems amiable. Is he known as an academic? For some reason he seems highly intelligent.
He has studied business in Freiberg ( small town, boring) and I guess he has a diploma ( because Germany turned to the BSc and MSc system in the last years, when he had already finished.) Now he makes a Master in Frankfurt ( Oder) a city at the border to Poland. It's a business master, as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
Does anyone know when Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia took over the headship? And who else if anyone or persons is line to the the headship?
GF became head in 1994, when he was 18 for just 3 month. BUT I heard ( does not know 1000 % anymore), that he inherited the whole stuff first, when he turned 30. So he was the boss in fact, but not by law - he was somehow under control. Till this time his uncle ( his father's younger brother ) Prince Christian Sigismund was his guardian. Prince C is still the first in the sucession line, because GF has no sons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
are the Hohenzollerns rich?
I've heard of 51 million € before taxes
Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Commoner

I haven´t heard from Prince Georg Friedrich that he is engaged or something similar. Is it possible that he will never marry?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai29 View Post
I haven´t heard from Prince Georg Friedrich that he is engaged or something similar. Is it possible that he will never marry?
He is not engaged and as far as I now not in a relation ship. There were rumors, that he's dating a Princess of Isenburg-Bünding, but that is an rather old one.

He is quite well known in Germany and if he had a girlfriend, some magazine would have already written about it, especially because he lives in Berlin, where the most magazine's, newspapers and TV-channles have their offices.

I think he is still waiting for a princess he loves, but time is running out.

He turns 34 this year and he has to start know to think seriously about marring.

The first question is: Does he want to marry ?

I think he really wants a family and children. He had a childhood without a father, his mother married her sister -in-laws housband, which caused seriously trouble in the House of Hohenzollern and his sister is disabled.
I think he is the type of guy, that really wants a family and I also think he wants it bad, because sometimes I have the feeling, that he's very lonely and wants to substitute his childhood.

So, if he doesn't not find a princess he loves, whom is he going to marry ?

a) marry middle class girl
b) arranged marriage with noble girl

He is very, very dutyfully, so he will never quit to be boss of the Hohenzollern by marring middle - class. Nevertheless he won't stay single, because it's his duty to produce an heir.

So I think he will marry some nice noble girl, when he comes to an certain age, loving her or not.

But what said princess Gloria: "You can learn to love someone" and many arranged marriages were quite happy.

But we will see !
Old 03-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Commoner

The Prince is most a charming man.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

If I remember correctly, he has declared that he wants to marry and he wants to marry a girl whose status is equal to his, so a royal girl or at least a noble girl.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Courtier

One reason for him not being married yet might be the fact that he is under pressure to marry a noble woman. Because in case he marries a commoner he will probably get in trouble with his uncles who were disinherited by house-law because of them all being married to commoners. As far as I know his uncle Friedrich Wilhelm tried to appeal the judgement for years but didn´t succeed. So if Georg Friedrich himself marries a commoner he will lose a lot of money, share it with his uncles or even lose his position as head of the Hohenzollern family.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Nobility

If I remember correctly he once said in an interview jokingly that he could always change the rules because he is the boss but I guess he would never do that due to the reasons you said.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Nobility

I have to correct myself: The pictures of the prince in front of the farmhouse where made on the island Plön, called Prinzeninsel. It was a residence of the emperial family, where the emperor's sons worked and lived like farmers. Read more under:
Preussen.de - Aktuelle Informationen
Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Thank you very much for this pictures Saschana. If you have more, you are welcome !
Here is a another picture of Cornelie: ( just scroll down ):

An Error Has Occurred!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Hello all together I just recently became interested in royalty and especially in German royalty and I was wondering if someone knows on what term the Prince of Prussia and other royal families are I've seen pictures of him attending the wedding of Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and as well pictures of him with members of the House of Hanover (especially Ernst-August, Georg Friedrich even attended the Red Cross Ball in Monaco). Does someone know if he has especially good relations with those two and how his relation with other German royalty is?! I was wondering about him and Ernst-August, I would have expected that someone of the House of Hanover wouldn't be on very good terms with someone from Prussia because of what happend in 1886...

Thanks a lot for your answers
Old 03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

It happened in 1855 and not 20 years later but the realtions between the Houses of Hannover and Prussia are reconciled since the Wedding of Prince Ernst August (the grandfather of the present Head of the House) with Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia in 1913.
As for Georg Friedrichs relations to other Houses i don't know but he attends most high profile Weddings in german Houses.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Genealogy of the House of Prussia

Friedrich I. King in Prussia married Sophie Charlotte of Hanover

Their son King Friedrich Wilhelm I in Prussia married Sophie Dorothea of Hanover.

Their son was Friedrich II. King of Prussia ( the great ) had no children ( married to Elisabeth of Braunschweig-Bevern ) , so his nephew became heir: ( His nephew was the son of his brother August and his wife Luise of Braunschweig – Wolfenbüttel)

King Friedrich Wilhelm II. married 4 times: 1. Elisabeth of Braunschweig –Wolfenbüttel ( divorced after one girl) and then 2. Friederike – Luise of Hessen – Darmstadt. Marriages 3. and 4. were Mesalliances

Their son King Friedrich Wilhelm III. married the famous Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz ( Queen Luise). Her mother was the sister of Friederike – Luise of Hessen- Darmstadt. So she married her cousin first grade actually. Just two weeks after her marriage married Friedrichs younger brother Louis Luises younger sister Friederike.

Their son King Friedrich Wilhelm IV. married Elisabeth of Bavaria, but he was crazy, so that his brother became King after years ( he had no children)

Now we have Wilhelm I. King of Prussia and Emperor of Germany married to Auguste von Sachsen – Weimar ( unhappy marriage, just two children, he had many other women)

Their son Friedrich Wilhelm II. became King of Prussia and Emperor of Germany for just nine month, because he had cancer. 1888 was the year of three emperors.
He was married to Princess Royal, Victoria of England ( child of Queen Victoria and Albert).

Princess Victorias sister married the Grand- Duke of Hessen- Darmstadt, her brother King Edward Alexandra of Denmark ( which caused trouble, because Prussia and Denmark were in war about Schleswig-Holstein). Her brother Alfred married Maria of Russia, her sister Helena Christian of Schleswig- Holstein –Sonderburg- Augustenburg……

Alice daughter Alix married the last Russian Zar.

Freidrich Wilhelms and Victorias son Wilhelm II. King of Prussia and Emperor of Germany married Auguste Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg ( called Dona)

Wilhelms II. sister Charlotte married the Duke of Sachsen-Meinigen, his bother Heinrich Irene of Hessen-Darmstadt, his sister Victoria the Prince of Schaumburg –Lippe, his sister Sophie the King Konstantin I. of Greece and his sister Margarethe the Count of Hessen-Kassel.

Wilhelms II. had 6 sond and 1 daugther:

Crownprince Wilhelm to Cecilie Duchess of Mecklenburg

Victoria Luise married Ernst-August Duke of Cumberland. Prussia had beaten the Kingdom of Hanover, so that the former Kings descendants were not able to claim the throne of Hanover. So they had to call themselves as Duke of Cumberland. When the man, who should have been Crownprince of Hanover, married the emperors daughter, “war” was over. Ernst August could return from the exile in Austria ( his father “King of Hanover” stayed there) and he became the Duke of Braunschweig –Lüneburg. Their grandson Ernst August V is now married to Caroline of Monaco.

The Welfen where Dukes of Braunschweig and Wolfenbüttel and Lüneburg ( rich German cities). Later they became Kings of England for a while and the Kings of Hanover till they where beaten by Prussia/ their line on the british throne died out.
The emperor/ King of Prussia did not give Ernst August the title of a King when marring, but the families old title of the Duke of B.-L.
They could call themselves Dukes of Cumberland, due to the fact they were England’s Kings: please read the Wikipedia article cause my explanations to the Welfen are rather short and not 1000 % complete.

The Crownprince oldest son Wilhelm married of Salviati, which was a Mesalliance. So his younger brother became the descendant of the family of Prussia.( He died anyway in war)

Louis – Ferdinand married Kira Grandduchess of Russia ( niece of the last Zar)

They had 4 sons and 3 daughters.

Friedrich: married middle classs
Michael: married middle class
Marie Cecilie : married the Duke of Oldenburg, became divorced in 1989, her sister in law Donata married her ex-husband
Kira married Thomas Frank Liepsner: Their daughter married the
Louis- Ferdinand jr. married Countess Donata of Castell- Rhüdenhausen ( daugther of the Prince of Castell – Rhüdenhausen): equal marriage
Christian Sigismund married Nina countess of Reventlow
Xenia married middle class

Georg Friedrich is the son of Louis Ferdinand jr and Donata.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Genealogy of the House of Prussia

Friedrich I. King in Prussia married Sophie Charlotte of Hanover

Their son King Friedrich Wilhelm I in Prussia married Sophie Dorothea of Hanover.

Their son was Friedrich II. King of Prussia ( the great ) had no children ( married to Elisabeth of Braunschweig-Bevern ) , so his nephew became heir: ( His nephew was the son of his brother August and his wife Luise of Braunschweig – Wolfenbüttel)

King Friedrich Wilhelm II. married 4 times: 1. Elisabeth of Braunschweig –Wolfenbüttel ( divorced after one girl) and then 2. Friederike – Luise of Hessen – Darmstadt. Marriages 3. and 4. were Mesalliances

Their son King Friedrich Wilhelm III. married the famous Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz ( Queen Luise). Her mother was the sister of Friederike – Luise of Hessen- Darmstadt. So she married her cousin first grade actually. Just two weeks after her marriage married Friedrichs younger brother Louis Luises younger sister Friederike.
Friedrich Wilhelm II and his frist wife Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick where also cousin as her mother was Charlotte of Prussia, a sister of Friedrich Wihelm's father. The daughter from this marriage Friederike married Frederick, Duke of York, secon son of George III.
Friedrich Wilhelm II. and his wife Luise where not cousins as Queen Friederike and Luise mother where not sister but cousins (their fathers where brothers)

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Nobility

Prince Georg-Friedrich sells the "Wümmehof" , the old farmhouse of the Prussians next to Bremen with an estate of nearly 10000 m².

Der Landsitz der Hohenzollern Wümmehof steht zum Verkauf - Bremen - Bremen - Bild.de
Engel & Völkers Exposé | 1104314 - Einzigartiges Baugrundstück am Wümmefluss ( Deutschland, Bremen, Bremen, Borgfeld )

This is the house of his beloved late grandfather Prince Louis Ferdinand, the house where Georg spend half of his childhood and his father, aunts and uncles grew up.
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...63CA8913A01AE8

Furthermore his uncle Christian ( blind, helped him with the Prussian/ Hohenzollern business until he was 30 years old by his grandfathers last will) and his aunt Nina lived there until to now.

He kicks them out !!!!!

I think he reallly...REALLY needs money. Poor Georg. This is a very sad story.

And I'm worrying about Christian - he is old and blind and now he has to move from the house where he has also spend a big part of his life.

The House belongs to the Prussians since 1945.

In what firm is he actually working or what job does he do ????

This is not mentioned on page 1 - may be we need an update ???