The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Gentry

Some pictures from somewhere in Niedersachsen....

Prince Georg Friedrich 1
Prince Georg Friedrich 2
Prince Georg Friedrich 3

Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
I think I'm reading this forum too much! At dinner last night I could swear that Georg Friedrich was sitting two tables away with an attractive young woman. I'm sure it was just someone who looked like him, but does anyone know if he is in New York?

I don't think so. Usually New York Social Diary reports all this stuff...They don't mention anything. That is, unless he was here solely on a vacation. And yes, Harold...I think you do read this blog too much like many of us

Where are you in NY? I live in Manhattan myself.....where did you see him? Just curious. Is he a Cipriani or a McDonald's kinda guy?! Upper East or West Village personality?? LOL............

Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Nobility

I live in Manhattan's East Midtown. I "saw" him at Odeon down in Tribeca. "He" was with a blonde. The wine was rather good, hence the most likely cause of my seeing GF!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to monarchen.nl prince Georg-Friedrich received a carriage dating from 1880, from the royal stables of Buckingham Palace. The Swedish collector Mats Geiden bought the carriage in an auction and gave it to the prince, who will put it on display at Burg Hohenzollern. Apparently Emperor Friedrich III and Empress Victoria Adelaide were transported in the carriage when they visited England.

Article in Dutch here.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Administrator

According to monarchen.nl prince Georg-Friedrich visited the exhibition Aus allerhöchster Schatulle - kaiserliche Geschenke in Potsdam Museum this monday.

Article in Dutch here and a German article here.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Administrator

A larger version of the pic from Marengo's link of Prince Georg Friedrich in Potsdam looking at some valuable china:
www.maerkischeallgemeine.de
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

I always thought he and Theodora of greece would be a good match!!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek101 View Post
I always thought he and Theodora of greece would be a good match!!

There is a lovely thought!

BTW that china set is absolutely beautiful. Is that Potsdam Schloss the same as Sans Souci or a different castle?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
There is a lovely thought!

BTW that china set is absolutely beautiful. Is that Potsdam Schloss the same as Sans Souci or a different castle?
There isn't a Potsdam Schloss. but there are several castles in Potsdam (Sans Souci, Neues Palais, Orangerie, Charlottenhof, Cecilienhof, Babelsberg, Glienike...). I can't recognize which is the one in the photo
Old 10-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
There isn't a Potsdam Schloss. but there are several castles in Potsdam (Sans Souci, Neues Palais, Orangerie, Charlottenhof, Cecilienhof, Babelsberg, Glienike...). I can't recognize which is the one in the photo

Thank you. When I visited sans Souci I was struck at the fact that it was practically bare. There were no furniture to speak of, let alone china etc.
The gardens though were very well kept.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Thank you. When I visited sans Souci I was struck at the fact that it was practically bare. There were no furniture to speak of, let alone china etc.
The gardens though were very well kept.
I visited Potsdam last August; they are restoring several Palaces (Neue Palais and Orangerie, I remember), but all them are visitable and furnished. In my opinion Sans Souci is the beautiest, and the most interesting. I was astonished when I saw the Antikentempel: it is completely neglected.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I visited Potsdam last August; they are restoring several Palaces (Neue Palais and Orangerie, I remember), but all them are visitable and furnished. In my opinion Sans Souci is the beautiest, and the most interesting. I was astonished when I saw the Antikentempel: it is completely neglected.

That is so nice to hear. I went to Sans Souci a few years ago and it was almost empty of furnishings. It is so lovely to see these palaces restored to their original splendour. Now there are additional reasons to go back for another visit!
I read a long time ago the book "Meeting at Potsdam" and I was so interested to visit that area.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

I jsut read on www.monarchen.nl that prince Georg-Friedrich of Prussia was interviewed by the policital magazine Cicero. The prince does not want a political role and thinks that the political system of the German republic is fine.

Article in Dutch from monarchen.nl here.

Original interview in German here.

And a google translation of the site into English here.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Courtier

The picture with the prince and the china is beautiful and that is nice he does not want to be apart of politics.The prince sees his self as a ordinary citizen but to some being he is a decendant of royalty.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich's Christmas traditions are? I would assume he would spend them with family? But who and where?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich's Christmas traditions are? I would assume he would spend them with family? But who and where?
I don't know anything about his private Christmas traditions, but
this weekend there's the annual Christmas market at the Castle
of Hohenzollern. Prince Georg Friedrich gave a press conference
on Thursday, November 20, to drum up business and told the press
that he himself would pour out the tea Parts of the total proceeds
go to the Prinzessin-Kira-von-Preußen-Stiftung (foundation)

Here are some pics of the press conference:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here's an article in German:

Burg-Markt bietet königlichen Genuss
( Castle market offers a royal pleasure)
Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
And which side of the family? Paternal side (Hohenzollern) or maternal side? And if maternal, Castell or Oldenburg (which also is paternal)?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Nobility

No news on GF? No thoughts about his holiday traditions?
Old 12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Commoner

however - georg friedrich does his family job very well - and he is using the political correct wording in these times....congratulations!!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Courtier

It's interesting how the past two Hohenzollerns, GF and his grandfather have been excemplary men who would have made a great contribution to Germany if they had been able to be Emperors. I think GF learnt very well from his grandfather.