Prince Georg Friedrich (1976- ) Head of the Royal House of Prussia (2003-Aug 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An article in Majesty Magazine.

The March 2009 issue of Majesty Magazine has an article(interview) with Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia.

It was a good article.

:flowers:

I enjoyed the article. He doesn't seem too keen on ever being a reigning monarch, though you could hardly blame him. I hope that he finds a noble wife whom he loves soon.I sometimes get the impression that he is rather lonely .

I finally found a copy of Majesty yesterday with the GF article. He seems very level headed and "noble" pardon the pun.

Is he well known in Germany?

Pics 5.4.2009

Is he well known in Germany?

I would say no, he's mainly known by those who are interested in
royalty...;)

Prince Georg Friedrich opens the exhibition "Déjeuner Royal - Frühstücks-
Service aus vier Jahrhunderten" ( Royal breakfast - breakfast service from
four centuries) on April 5, 2009. The exhibition will run from April 5 till June
28 at the castle of Hohenzollern.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Growth period | New York Social Diary
From there it was down the avenue to the Pierre where the Versailles Foundation/ Claude Monet-Giverny was holding a black tie benefit In The Presence of His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince George Frederick of Prussia.

(Article is about halfway down the page, plus picture with Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia)

quotes:

"...when everyone is seated, the guest of honor takes the podium for his agreed upon fifteen or twenty minute speech. Up to that point everything about the evening is almost like a stage set. The speaker defines it. They are always interesting. Romanoffs, Bourbons, Hohenzollerns, all the royal houses of Europe eventually deliver representation to this dinner. Most are defunct, of course, but it is still interesting to learn of their sense of duty and responsibility that these people feel for their countries. More than once it has occurred to me that they might make better leaders than our politicians. This is pure fantasy of course.

The talk is also a historical lesson of what a royal family is. Last night Prince George told us about a business meeting he attended in London where each man had to give a little bit of background of his family. There was evident pride of position as they placed themselves as third, fourth, even fifth generation in their family businesses. Until it came to Prince George who carefully explained that indeed, he was 22nd generation reaching back to the 11th century.

The royals of Europe, so many of whom go back hundreds or even more than a thousand years are eventually all related to each other. Their existence articulates the political evolution of the Western Civilization and also provides the genetic map to explain us today. At the center of the family is the ideal: authority, responsibility and accountability. Over the centuries that many of these dynasties actually ruled, they lost that ideal to the politics and economics of the times. Today they are memories but their exponents, their descendents often extol those ideals in their communities.
fasten.gif
"

Last edited by a moderator:
I know my is an horrible question, but what does Georg Friedrich do in his life? Does he have a job or something similar?

Not a horrible question at all. I think he manages the family's business interests. Must be a full time job!

I know my is an horrible question, but what does Georg Friedrich do in his life? Does he have a job or something similar?

According to a recent issue of Majesty Magazine: "Prince Georg Friedrich, who took his A-levels at Glenalmond College, a boarding school in Perth, Scotland, and then received his MBA from Freiberg University...managages the [Hohezollern] castle's team of several dozen staff workers and volunteers. By some estimates the biggest private museum in Germany, it receives more than 300,000 visitors a year." He also heads the Princess Kira Foundation for disadvantaged children. He lives in a flat in Berlin.

The March 2009 issue of Majesty Magazine has an article(interview) with Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia.
Two things I found especially interesting.

1. His grandfather told him may stories about his own grandfather, Kaiser Wilhelm II, whom he knew well. This left Prince Georg Freidrich with a deep appreciation for his family's history.

2. On marriage: "Our family has very strict rules about marriage. Only God knows who I shall marry, but I want to be with someone who at least understands my responsibilities... So it is likely that this might be a person from the same background as mine."

I think he would need to marry well otherwise his uncles will have a fit and challange him for the headship of the house. The two older sons of Louis Ferdinand have never impressed me much, I get the impression that GF makes a wrong step in his marriage that they would cheerful crusify him.

Pic 5.7.2009

Prince Georg Friedrich plays with children from Berlin,
Germany, who's holidays were sponsored by the Kira
von Preussen foundation, in Hechingen, Germany, July
5, 2009

-----> Pic

I have the impression, from visiting a message board, that high-born Germans marry only other high-born Germans. So it appears that Prince Georg Friedrich would have to marry a woman who's at least an aristocrat.:flowers:

I think he would need to marry well otherwise his uncles will have a fit and challange him for the headship of the house. The two older sons of Louis Ferdinand have never impressed me much, I get the impression that GF makes a wrong step in his marriage that they would cheerful crusify him.

I saw a documentary about the hohenzollerns and he was dating an Italian Princess. Do not know if that is still actual.

Hi !
I wonder who are the Prince's godparents ? some regnant royals?

On September 5th 2009, the 64th charity concert in
favour of the Princess Kira von Preussen Foundation
took place at the castle of Hohenzollern. Prince Georg
Friedrich was the host of the event.
On pic 4 you can see him with Cecilia of Bismarck.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

What a neat young man and very driven too. In the second picture, the Prince really has the looks of the late Kaiser.

I think he looks more like the Crown Prince (the son of Wilhelm)

I saw him speaking English during a YouTube video, and he made reference to the "Prussian Nose." It's true; they all seem to have it.:)

It's actually his uncle Prince Christian Sigismund who is blind and was with him.

What was the bloke in the pink shirt talking about in the newsroom?

I like his reference to chicken mcnuggets!

Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich does for Christmas? With whom and where does he spend it?

Some pictures from somewhere in Niedersachsen.
These pictures were made at the Steinhuder Meer near Hanover ( lower saxony's capital ). It's one of the biggest seas in Germany but very shallow. Thousands of people of this region spend their weekends there. Very nice region ! The houses in the backround are old fisher houses, which are shops and museums today. In this region people do a lot of fishing ( morays ) and they have many sheeps.
Georg Friedrich really seems amiable. Is he known as an academic? For some reason he seems highly intelligent.
He has studied business in Freiberg ( small town, boring) and I guess he has a diploma ( because Germany turned to the BSc and MSc system in the last years, when he had already finished.) Now he makes a Master in Frankfurt ( Oder) a city at the border to Poland. It's a business master, as well.
Does anyone know when Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia took over the headship? And who else if anyone or persons is line to the the headship?
GF became head in 1994, when he was 18 for just 3 month. BUT I heard ( does not know 1000 % anymore), that he inherited the whole stuff first, when he turned 30. So he was the boss in fact, but not by law - he was somehow under control. Till this time his uncle ( his father's younger brother ) Prince Christian Sigismund was his guardian. Prince C is still the first in the sucession line, because GF has no sons.
are the Hohenzollerns rich?
I've heard of 51 million € before taxes

I haven´t heard from Prince Georg Friedrich that he is engaged or something similar. Is it possible that he will never marry?

I haven´t heard from Prince Georg Friedrich that he is engaged or something similar. Is it possible that he will never marry?

He is not engaged and as far as I now not in a relation ship. There were rumors, that he's dating a Princess of Isenburg-Bünding, but that is an rather old one.

He is quite well known in Germany and if he had a girlfriend, some magazine would have already written about it, especially because he lives in Berlin, where the most magazine's, newspapers and TV-channles have their offices.

I think he is still waiting for a princess he loves, but time is running out. :sad:

He turns 34 this year and he has to start know to think seriously about marring. :eek:

The first question is: Does he want to marry ?

I think he really wants a family and children. He had a childhood without a father, his mother married her sister -in-laws housband, which caused seriously trouble in the House of Hohenzollern and his sister is disabled.
I think he is the type of guy, that really wants a family and I also think he wants it bad, because sometimes I have the feeling, that he's very lonely and wants to substitute his childhood.

So, if he doesn't not find a princess he loves, whom is he going to marry ?

a) marry middle class girl
b) arranged marriage with noble girl

He is very, very dutyfully, so he will never quit to be boss of the Hohenzollern by marring middle - class. Nevertheless he won't stay single, because it's his duty to produce an heir.

So I think he will marry some nice noble girl, when he comes to an certain age, loving her or not.

But what said princess Gloria: "You can learn to love someone" and many arranged marriages were quite happy.

But we will see ! :flowers:

If I remember correctly, he has declared that he wants to marry and he wants to marry a girl whose status is equal to his, so a royal girl or at least a noble girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom