Prince Georg Friedrich (1976- ) Head of the Royal House of Prussia (2003-Aug 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Georg-Friedrich has a strong resemblance to his ancestors. I think he looks a little like Kaiser Wilhelm, but GF's face is much kinder if that makes any sense. He looks a lot less domineering than his ancestors did, but he looks really polite and kind!

From what little there is in the press about him, Georg Friedrich seems to be out and about: various receptions, charity events, even at various official state functions. I wonder what his normal day is like? I mean, he doesn't have to do the boxes like Queen Elizabeth. I suppose he manages his family assets and that takes some time.

I know, that the successor of Prussian royal family and a crown of German Empire Georg-Friedrich Hogenzollern has the sister. This sister is name Cornelia Cecilia. It was born in 1978. Unfortunately, I could not find a photo of Cornelia Cecilia. Somebody can place its photos here? I shall be very grateful.
Cornelia Cecilia is severely handicapped since her birth and no photos of her are published.
Does anyone know if Georg-Friedrich is in touch/have a relationship with his mother? Is Donata still married to the Prince of Oldenburg?

There are very few pictures of Cornelie Cecilie indeed. Here is one of them (courtesy of Seeger-Press), taken at a family gathering in 2007: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1764/preseeger00191683ld6.jpg

Yes, Donata is still married to Duke Friedrich August.

Thank you Benjamin. I had never seen a picture of Cornelie before. I am very glad to hear Donata is still married. Hopefully she finally found hapiness. She had a very sad life when she married and lost her husband then had Cornelie. Does she have a relationship with her son?

Whey would Georg Friedrich not have a good relationship with his mother?

Whey would Georg Friedrich not have a good relationship with his mother?

GF's mother Donata was a widow for a number of years and very close to her late husband's family. When she married her sister in law's husband there was a scandal in the family and GF remained close to his father's family. The newlyweds were no longer a member of the inner circle.
GF was very close to his grandfather and stayed with the Hohenzollern family. His relationship with his mother was (if I remember correctly) strained or non existent. I wonder if after all these years they mended fences.

That is very sad. I did not know it. Who cares for his sister?

That is very sad. I did not know it. Who cares for his sister?
I am not sure.
I read that the two children of the current pretender to the French throne are institutionalized but I am not sure about Cornelie.

Two questions. Does Georg Friedrich have a romantic interest that we know of? And, (sorry if this is tacky) are the Hohenzollerns rich? I mean they were after WW1, but lost a lot in WW2. Have they come back?

Sorry, a third question. What is Villa Monbijou in Berlin like? Are there any photos?

Thanks for the links, Elsa:flowers: It seems, to me at least, that Prince Georg has been more visable as of late then even before. Good for him.:)

You're very welcome, GlitteringTiaras! ;)

Two questions. Does Georg Friedrich have a romantic interest that we know of?
I understand he was dating Princess Sophie von Isenburg (daughter of Fürst Franz Alexander von Isenburg)... don't know if they're still together.

What is Villa Monbijou in Berlin like? Are there any photos?
The Monbijou Palace was destroyed during WW2 and never rebuilt. There are some sketches though:
Category:Schloss Monbijou - Wikimedia Commons

I know about Schloss Monbijou. After the war, Louis Ferdinand built a house in Berlin and named it Villa Monbijou. I think it is near Schloss Charlottenburg. Does anyone know anthing about the Villa?

Also, I know that Georg Friedrich wants to reestablish the Hohenzollern museum in a wing of Schloss Charlottenburg. Is this just a proposal of his or is it really going to happen?

PS: She's cute! Who are the Isenburgs?

Who are the Isenburgs?
An ancient Mediatised House within Hesse traceable to 963, now with two surviving branches: Isenburg (-Birnstein) which is Catholic, and Ysenburg und Büdingen (-in Wächtersbach) which is Protestant. Both branches are headed by Princes (Fürsts).

An ancient Mediatised House within Hesse traceable to 963, now with two surviving branches: Isenburg (-Birnstein) which is Catholic, and Ysenburg und Büdingen (-in Wächtersbach) which is Protestant. Both branches are headed by Princes (Fürsts).

Ando Sophie's sisters are married to the Fürst zu Wied and Archduke Martin of Austria-Este.

Anyone knows who is the gentleman who was next to GF? The one who was holding his arm?

the man next to GF is one of his uncles (a brother of his late father); sorry, I don't know his name. GF is not so close with all of his uncles, they have a row of probate disputes...

:previous:
I believe it is his uncle HRH Prince Christian Sigismund of Prussia.

:previous:
I believe it is his uncle HRH Prince Christian Sigismund of Prussia.

Yes it is Prince Christian Sigismund, the only of his uncles who made a marriage that was accepted as equal.

Thank you Carinthia, Warren and Stefan. They seem very close. It is unfortunate this family had so many rows and disagreements. I guess like so many others. GF seems like a personable young man.

Is Prince Christian Sigismund well? He seemed to lean on GF quite heavily.

Is Prince Christian Sigismund well? He seemed to lean on GF quite heavily.
According to a thread on the Royals Portal, the Prince is now blind. Apparently he had suffered from poor eyesight for quite some time.

It's such a shame that Germany doesn't have a monarchy for Georg Friedrich to rule over, because he seems like such a nice young man, and like he'd fit in with Europe's generation of young heirs (though he'd be King instead of Crown Prince)

He's right, the Hohenzollerns do share the same nose and facial shape. You can look at Georg and his cousins and definitely see it! He looks like his grandfather.

Georg Friedrich really seems amiable. Is he known as an academic? For some reason he seems highly intelligent. He does seem to fit in with the young royals of Europe as good natured and fun people.

It's such a shame that Germany doesn't have a monarchy for Georg Friedrich to rule over, because he seems like such a nice young man, and like he'd fit in with Europe's generation of young heirs (though he'd be King instead of Crown Prince)

He's right, the Hohenzollerns do share the same nose and facial shape. You can look at Georg and his cousins and definitely see it! He looks like his grandfather.

That is another......"what if" that will never happen.

I'd take him as head of state any day . If one looks at the games our political parties are playing every 5 years to come up with ways to annoy each other over the nomination of a candidate for the presidency . I can't vote the president anyway and it would be a lot easier for everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom