The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

I liked her evening dress, which was obviously matched with the colour of Georg Friedrich's order. Btw, does anybody know which order he is wearing?

I have never heard about a Isenburg tiara. One of her sisters wore a tiara from her husband's family, and the other one didn't wear a tiara a her wedding, IIRC. I think she decided not to wear Prussian tiaras until her wedding.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

She was not one of the better attired female guests at A&C's wedding events. Oh well, she's new and learning!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Gentry

I just think it so cool they attended the wedding. Maybe some 'homework' before August?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Anyone else shocked about her weight loss?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Well ...brides-to-be are known to follow a rigorous diet before their main day. The couple looks nice together.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Nobility

Georg and Sophie in love in Monaco:

Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia Photos - Monaco Royal Wedding - Guest Sightings - Zimbio

with the Baden-family: Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia Photos - Monaco Royal Wedding - Guest Sightings - Zimbio

I don't really see a weight loss when I look at her. But Georg gained some weight. Look at his belly :)

And always those coloured nails .... I'm not fond of red nails.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

Nice to see them among other royals, they are cute couple, very natural. Probably because they've know each other since several years.
Their wedding will be interesting.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Nobility

One more: Sophie Johanna Maria of Isenburg Photos - Zimbio
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Is it just me or the Prince von Baden and Georg Friedrich are wearing completely same clothes from top to toe in the third picture?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Nobility

No, they look like twins. But Stephanie and Sophie doe have the same style, too. Ballerina flats, blouse, similar bag.... The twin couple !!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Yes,but Georg and Bernhard have everything identical,from top to toe! ;-)
Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Georg and Sophie in love in Monaco:
I don't really see a weight loss when I look at her. But Georg gained some weight. Look at his belly :)
That´s true
Maybe Sophie looks thinner because of him.

I´m so glad that Georg found a nice, smart and respectable Lady as future wife.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
That´s true
Maybe Sophie looks thinner because of him.

I´m so glad that Georg found a nice, smart and respectable Lady as future wife.
Absolutely true,naughty...you are a naughty lady...

:-)
Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I liked her evening dress, which was obviously matched with the colour of Georg Friedrich's order. Btw, does anybody know which order he is wearing?

I have never heard about a Isenburg tiara. One of her sisters wore a tiara from her husband's family, and the other one didn't wear a tiara a her wedding, IIRC. I think she decided not to wear Prussian tiaras until her wedding.
Dear Tilia C.,

to answer Your question concerning the order You mentioned, HRH Prince Georg Friedrich is wearing the Order of the Black Eagle (Hoher Orden vom Schwarzen Adler) which was founded in 1701 by Elector Friedrich III. one day bevor his coronation to King Friedrich I. in Prussia.
This order is (was) the highest order of the Kingdom of Prussia.

Greetings

Alex R.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello and welcome, Schwarzer Adler!

I've been reading the protracted story of the house.....

I'm glad that Georg and Sophie are getting married....
Old 07-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerAdler View Post
Dear Tilia C.,

to answer Your question concerning the order You mentioned, HRH Prince Georg Friedrich is wearing the Order of the Black Eagle (Hoher Orden vom Schwarzen Adler) which was founded in 1701 by Elector Friedrich III. one day bevor his coronation to King Friedrich I. in Prussia.
This order is (was) the highest order of the Kingdom of Prussia.

Greetings

Alex R.
Thank you for your knowledgable answer, SchwarzerAdler . And welcome to TRF.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Schwarzer Adler, will you be able to see the wedding?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt, that the wedding will be broadcasted in German TV. For this I am a little bit sad. I think that one of the regional TV stations will broadcast a summery of the wedding!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Schwarzer Adler, will you be able to see the wedding?
Dear Renata,

although it is a Saturday the royal wedding takes place I don't think so. If it would be broadcasted I would watch of course. But I am not the kind of person who would stay there and gaze. I even don't know how near you would get, because the wedding will take place in the Friedenskirche which is located in the Potsdam Park Sanssouci. As far as I heard the reception and celebration takes also place in the Park Sanssouci. If it was in the Neue Kammern or in the Orangerie I cannot recall. But due to this arrangement there is a chance that the Park Sanssouci or the concerning areas might be closed to the public anyway. If foreign Royals do attend the wedding this chance is even higher because of security measures.

When thinking of the awful comments of the ZDF team (especially the man) during the Monacco wedding I cannot really say whether it is a loss that the wedding will not be broadcasted.... on the other hand there might have been the chance that it could have been done by ARD.
Unfortunately as far as I judge our local station rbb the summary will be very short if shown at all.

Lot's of Sunday greetings

Alex R.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Imo it was a cheek how the German TV-channels handled the Monaco-wedding. You always have the feeling that they make fun of those events. One of the presenters of the TV-channel ZDF/ARD morning news showed the hat she was to wear in Monaco - but of course it was all fake and making fun and later in Monaco she appeared without and casually dressed. They consider it all being a matter of gossip. I´m sure they don´t know Georg-Friedrich at all. And since Kaiser Wilhelm II was one of the persons who caused the first world war his descendants and royalty in generell do get no longer attention/ attention is no longer wanted by the German government. And it´s boring in another way: GF is going to marry a noble woman - so no "fresh air" for the Hohenzollern royal family.