The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Nobility

Once again Georg's uncle do rain him on his parade:

In the 950th celebration year and in the year of his marriage, his uncle Christian Sigismund, the heir apparent stops Georg's plans to sell the Wümmehof next to Bremen ( the house in that Luis Ferdinand and Kira were living after second world war and raised their children - Georg's father and his aunts and uncles).
The house's worth is about 1.5 million €.

In March 2010 Georg mandated the sale of the house to a real estate firm. But no buyer was found. One reason is that the civic assosiation of Borgfeld with the assistance of Christian tries to designate it as ahistoric monument. This causes that no buyer would want to buy this, because strict rules about using and changing the houses look will follow to that.

Actually this is quite a ridicoulus process, because in Germany we do have A LOT listed house, but those are much OLDER !!!!

Christian just wants to stay there ( okay, I can understand) - but he stays in a 10 person house just with his wife.

Georg looses 1.5 million € forever !!!!!!

I guess he wanted to take that money and buy a house for him and Sophie and their children.

Poor Georg !!!!

Wümmehof künftig unter Denkmalschutz | WESER-KURIER

Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Why poor Georg?
Christian lives there a long time and it was the home of his father. If my nephew wants to kick me out of my home I would be not amused. Sorry.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

If Georg owns the house and his uncle wants to play hardball, kick him out! He should be lucky Georg gives him a place to stay! I hope he pays rent, prob not though, that's why he prob doesn't want to leave, wants to be a freeloader...
Old 04-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Nobility

Georg told his uncle about 5 !!!!! years ago, that he plans to sell this very very very very big house.
His uncle had all the time to look for something else and he gets an apanage every month, and I'm pretty sure, that Georg would have even helped him physical and financial when moving.

That man has never really worked and has always laid down to the fact that he is a prince - and that being a prince should be enough.

Okay - he is blind ( since being a child he had problems with his eyes). But one of my friends is also blind and she manages her life in an remarkable way !!!

WHY the h*** does an old man and his wife need a house where ten people can live in? WHY????

And just by the way - that house is the only property of Georg. It doesn't belong even a percent to his uncle. When his grandfather died, all sons inherited money or stuff. Even Christian ! He has no rights to this house.
Until he managed the Prussian "firm" ( till Georg's 30 th birthday) Georg let his uncle live there. But after taking over full control, Georg pleased his uncle to leave. Nearly 5 years ago !!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Prince Georg Friedrich von Preussen with Princess Sophie Prinzessin von Isenburg 26 May 2011
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Old 05-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice pics!But on one of photos Sophie seems a little tired or bored
Old 05-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Nobility

Thank you for the pictures. Is there a possibility to see them bigger ? If I click on the pics nothing happens.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Courtier

I just have this from BILD

http://i55.tinypic.com/ta0knc.jpg

Old 05-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Some information about the wedding...
http://www.zak.de/artikel/108888/Bis...-Traum-in-Blau

- the church will be decorated in blue with a lot of larkspur
- the bride will arrive at the church in a silver/grey Rolls Royce with a Swedish number plate (owned by a friend of Georg Friedrich)
- they will leave the church in a carriage that was used by the Queen when she visited Potsdam in 1993
- the pastors present will be Michael Wohlrab (protestant; member of the Empress Viktoria Auguste Foundation in Jerusalem) and Gregor Graf Henckel von Donnersmarck (catholic; family friend of the Isenburgs)
- the Royal Danish Brass will play
- according to the article Sophie will wear a historic veil belonging to her family
- they will celebrate afterwards with about 300 guests and local cuisine will be served
Old 05-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Very nice pics!But on one of photos Sophie seems a little tired or bored
Do you mean the one where he is saluting? Whenever I see a picture like that I always try to remember what Crown Princess Mary once said about photos being taken when everyone has their eyes closed becaused they were blinking but the media making it out that they are bored.
Not that that is nessecarily the case hear, she may well be bored or tiresd
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Prince Georg Friedrich von Preussen with Princess Sophie Prinzessin von Isenburg 26 May 2011
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Can anyone post these photos? Also, at what event were they taken?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Nobility

Georg Friedrich got a promotion in the army (he is part of the German reservist troops). He now holds the rank of a "Major".

Zum Major der Reserve befördert | SÜDKURIER Online
Old 06-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Nobility

The Imperial uniforms were much cooler.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM

that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
AFAIK no German Royal House got an invite.
I think it's probably because the British royals still fear the bad publicity due to their German connections, which is amazing 65 years after the 2nd war ended, and over 90 since the first war.

It's all a little strange as I understand that Queen Victoria's first language was German and that was spoken by her family. They were effectively Germans, living in and ruling England.

It could be however, be simply that the Royal family feel that the Hohonzollerns and Romanovs are really not that important seeing they no longer head reigning houses and are not recognised in their respective former kingdoms. I suppose, which such pressure on the guest list that not even the president of US was invited they have to be selective. If they were to invite every pretender to a throne the wedding would have to be held at the O2 arena rather than the ancient Westminster Abbey. Alas, in this case I may even have got an invite as a higher aristocrat.

Even if invited, would George Fredrick want to attend? and there would inevitably be bad blood between these 2 branches of the family since they fought a war against eachother. Who knows a food fight at the ceremonial dinner table or more serious confrontation? kicking off with an alcohol- induced argument about who's got the best navy!

Seriously though, living a life as a "normal" citizen, GF would probably feel out of place at this event and not enjoy all the pomp and ceremony, or might he?

As an English subject , who has spent a lot of time in Germany and tries to speak the language, I would be happy to see a restoration of the German monarchy along with the sub-states Bayern Wurtemburg etc who would each have kings or queens and an emperor as head of state. The current political system in Germany is so boring and uncolourful. Of course it would have to be democratic as in the UK and would hopefully guarantee future invites to British Royal weddings for the Hohenzollerns and Habsburgs. An autocracy seems out of the question for the time being. One step at a time!

Its not too outrageous to imagine this. Who would ever have believed that East and West Germany would ever be re-unified.

So I'd back George Fredrick as Deutscher Kaiser (anticipating invite to future Hohenzollern weddings)

x
Old 06-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandduchessjess View Post
I think it's probably because the British royals still fear the bad publicity due to their German connections, which is amazing 65 years after the 2nd war ended, and over 90 since the first war.
I don't think this was the problem, because some of the German relatives of the British Royal Family have been invited and attended the wedding (i.e. the Margrave and Margravine of Baden, the Landgrave of Hesse, Princess Yvonne of Hesse, the Prince and Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg).
Imo most of the not invited German Royalty has not been invited simply because they don't have close relationships with William or in general with the Royal Family.

As for Georg Friedrich, as far as I know it isn't known whether he has been invited or not; it is possible that he has been invited but couldn't attend.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

As a serving officer he might not have been able to attend extraneous functions.

But I agree that Georg Friedrich should have more opportunities to project himself as the chief of the House of Prussia.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

George-Friedrich of Prussia and his classy bride to be ,Sophie Von Isenburg at Monaco religious wedding of Prince Albert
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/117...3D88508F606BF2
Old 07-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Don't really like her dress. The headpiece looked good on television.

She seems to like colourful nailpolish...she weared also a red-brown toned nailpolish on her engagement pics and black(!) polished toenails on the 950 year celebration of the Hohenzollern House to her black evening gown.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Courtier

The pair at night:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/117...73B7028675BC97
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Nobility

Thank you very much, Marc23:

That dress is awful ! ! !
He looked good in uniform. Why didn't she wear a tiara ? I think they the Isenburg house has one ( see wedding of her sisters). May she didn't because they could have had a bigger effort to travel with it ?

But anyway: her gala dress for the 950 year celebration was really very nice ( she seems to like black ?).
Does anyone have a picture of that ? I think there was an article in Bunte, but I forget to buy it.

Does anyone have good pictures of the Isenburg jewellery ?

Does anyone no how big her marriage portion is ?