Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern (1943 - 2022) and his ex-Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyonnaise

Serene Highness
Caption:
Copyright Imagine 2005/Semmer/face to face 20020
Berlin, Germany
Princess Maja von Hohenzollern and attendee attending the ADAC Ball organized by the German Federal Automobile Club in Berlin Congress Center. During the show it started raining caused by defective fire extinguish devices. Berlin, 22.01.2005.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 537
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 621
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 549
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 480
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 536
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 556
Thanks for the pictures Lyonnaise. Question: was Maja born a Hohenzollern or did she marry one?

Julia said:
Thanks for the pictures Lyonnaise. Question: was Maja born a Hohenzollern or did she marry one?

She was not born a Hohenzollern. For a few years she married Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern and she became her title of nobility. But Ferfried has already a new girlfriend, the divorce of them is going to be soon.
That is really a amusingly story...

Sue- said:
She was not born a Hohenzollern. For a few years she married Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern and she became her title of nobility. But Ferfried has already a new girlfriend, the divorce of them is going to be soon.
That is really a amusingly story...

Interesting information, Sue! Were they a badly matched couple? I'm always curious about these stories! ;)

I think they loved each other but Ferfried has found a new woman and was ready to leave Maja for Tatjana Gsell. She is a widow of a popular cosmetic doctor (hope this is the right word ;) ) here in Germany and she always fall in love with older men... Ferfried himself has had 2 marriages and all became divorced. They want to marry this year but I think this won't be for a long time...
At beginning of January, Maja was in Asia to support the people because of the catastrophe. That was nice of her, I've seen a TV report about it.

Here a few pictures of Ferfried with Tatjana. You know, here this couple is really popular in what they do and say because nobody can believe them.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00131762.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00131762.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 853
  • pre-SEEGER00131766.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00131766.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • pre-SEEGER00131763.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00131763.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
maja
looks very scary, i am not trying to be mean about her. she has had way to many plastic surgeries:eek:she doesnt look normal. i think i'll read up on them because they are like a train wreck, u know u shouldnt look and at the same time u cant help but to look. she is so odd looking:confused:
what does maja and her boyfriend say that makes them so popular?

Last edited:
semisquare said:
maja
looks very scary, i am not trying to be mean about her. she has had way to many plastic surgeries:eek:she doesnt look normal. i think i'll read up on them because they are like a train wreck, u know u shouldnt look and at the same time u cant help but to look. she is so odd looking:confused:
what does maja and her boyfriend say that makes them so popular?

Do you mean the pictures I've posted above?
That isn't Maja, this is the new girlfriend of Ferfried, Tatjana Gsell. Yes, she doesn't look normal, she is too artificial. I don't like that too. But in my opinion Maja is not also completely normal...
What Ferfried and Tatjana do is just PR. They are publicly criticized by many people and because of that they tell how much they love each other. Almost everyday there are reports in TV about this couple. Tatjana isn't a serious woman because of her past and that makes it hard to believe her that she loves Ferfried. The same with Ferfried. Maybe you know the story from the Opera Ball in Vienna the last days with the two...
Here Pics of Maja and one with Ferfried.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00098742.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00098742.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 617
  • pre-SEEGER00098745.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00098745.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 779
  • pre-SEEGER00098914.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00098914.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 840
semisquare said:
i am sorry but i dont know what happen at the opera ball in vienna? if u dont mind, could u tell me about what happen.
thx

Ferfried and Tatjana were also present at the Opera ball. They expect themselves somehow the place in the loge of a richer man but he refused that they take place with him. Because of that there was a public statement of the two and they said that they would be invited for half a year. In addition a few days before they gave an interview in a Vienna hotel that was very typical for them.
On top af that they wanted to marry this year in May but it isn't possible because the divorce of Maja and Ferfried didn't take place yet. They say that it would be in September.
Here some pics from getty images of the interview and from the Opera Ball.

Attachments

• 52130100.jpg
    52130100.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 557
  • 52130124.jpg
    52130124.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 52130212.jpg
    52130212.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 790
  • 52127153.jpg
    52127153.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 52127184.jpg
    52127184.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 614
The German aristocrat Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern and his life companion Tatjana Gsell, on Friday 21,04,2006, talk on a TV Talkshow of the West German broadcast WDR Cologne in Cologne. The widow of the killed Schoenheitschirurgs and the Blaubluetige are since 2004 a pair. The transmission was radiated live in the WDR.

Photos by Joerg Carstensen (DPA)

Ferfried von Hohenzollern (R), Prince of Hohenzollern, receives a big hug from his fiance Tatjana Gsell before the European Formula One Grand Prix at the Nuerburgring racing circuit in western Germany May 7, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• r511953774.jpg
    r511953774.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,828
  • r1091821191.jpg
    r1091821191.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,747
Singer Charles Aznavour (L) and Germany's Princess Maja Von Hohenzollern at the "Soiree de Gala au Chateau de Versailles." The proceeds of the gala will be donated to the French cancer foundation AVEC. The event featured a performance by Charles Aznavour in the opera and dinner in the Galerie des Batailles of Castle Versailles.

09. 05. 2006

From profimedia

Attachments

• 42-16779622.jpg
    42-16779622.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 438
High society to stay away as girl with a past weds prince
May 13, 2006

EUROPEAN royalty are falling over their tiaras to express disgust at the brash antics of a cosmetically altered "gold-digger" and her pliable fiance - a relation of the last kaiser of Germany - as they head for what promises to be the crassest society wedding of the year.

Tatjana Gsell, 34, a chubby, small-town Bavarian girl altered by her - now deceased - plastic surgeon husband number one into a big-breasted walking ad for silicone and Botox, is to marry Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern, 63, in Dresden on May 29.

An excruciating documentary running on German TV shows the widow Tatjana, who came within an eyeline pencil stroke of being convicted over her late husband Franz's murder, trying to turn herself into royalty.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/high-society-to-stay-away-as-girl-with-a-past-weds-prince/2006/05/12/1146940739357.html

photo from AFP :

Wow thats something straight out of Dynasty. Love truely is a mystery.

House of Hohenzollern

Accordingly on the Ferfried subject, Is the House of Hohenzollern a Princely House? I'm confused, if Prinz Georg Friedrich is Head of the Prussian royal family, why is he not King?

Best Wishes,
King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia
www.houseofhohenzollern.com

Ferfreid's branch is princely, but there's more than one branch of Hohenzollerns.

GF isn't king because Prussia no longer exists and the German monarchies were abolished.

The Royal House of Hohenzollern originated as a Princely house in Swabia. Over the course of 600 years, the house had split into three lines: THe Princely House of Hohenzollern (Catholic, remaining in Swabia), The Royal House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (Catholic, reigned as the monarchs of Romania), and the Imperial and Royal House of Hohenzollern (Protestant, Emperors of the German Empire, Kings of Prussia). The beginning of the split of the House occured in 1227, after which the Franconian (junior), branch eventually settled in Brandenburg and Prussia.

Does anyone know if Princess Maja of Hohenzollern will lose her title after divorcing from her still-husband ?
Or will she still be a princess?

She isn't styled 'Princess' other than in her surname, therefore until she changes her surname from "Prinzess von Hohenzollern", either to her maiden name, or to that of any future husband, it shall remain her surname.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
High society to stay away as girl with a past weds prince
The interesting thing is that Ferfried von Hohenzollern is not yet divorced from his third wife Maja. So it is not even sure that there will be a wedding as it is not yet clear if there will be a divorce.

As for the gold-digging part: Mrs. Gsell has inherited all the money from her rich first husband, so she is not gold- but tiara-digging... Not that this makes the whole thing any better.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jo of Palatine said:
Warren, is Ferfried not a recognized memeber of the House? If so, I'm sorry, I haven't done any research on his family connections, so I just presumed he is one.
Jo,
Prince Ferfried is indeed a member of a recognised branch of the Hohenzollern family, the (Catholic) Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen family (who eventually ruled Romania). His mother was a member of the Royal House of Saxony.
Warren's post was addressing now removed remarks, which were irrelevant.

Thank you, Landsmann (my mother's from Silesia, too, she came over to Palatine (the former Palatinate) at the end of the war :) ).
Okay, the information about his mother explains the repeated info in German newspapers about Ferfried being a grandson of the last king of Saxony.

Jo of Palatine said:
Okay, the information about his mother explains the repeated info in German newspapers about Ferfried being a grandson of the last king of Saxony.
Two of the daughters of King Friedrich August III (1865-1932), the last King of Saxony, married Hohenzollern brothers:

• Princess Margrete (1900-1962) married 1920 Friedrich, Fürst von Hohenzollern, and are the parents of Prince Ferfried;

• Princess Maria Alix (1901-1990) married 1921 Prince Franz Josef von Hohenzollern (from 1933 Hohenzollern-Emden), and has the distinction of being the last surviving daughter of a German King.

Jo of Palatine said:
Thank you, Landsmann (my mother's from Silesia, too, she came over to Palatine (the former Palatinate) at the end of the war :) ).

You're welcome. Yes, most of my Silesian family headed, remaining about 50km ahead of the Russians, before the family ended up in Schleswig-Holstein.

Yes, it's sometimes rather difficult to keep track of the Hohenzollern family members, with 3 branches (1 extinct), and quite diverse dispersal since the end of the monarchy, they end up all over the place.

News about Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern,
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,107318,00.html

Plastic princess is royal disgrace
European royalty shun silicone widow's TV wedding to German prince

May 28, 2006
ON the surface, it has all the hallmarks of a fairy-tale wedding - a former receptionist charms a German prince, they fall in love, and will be married in a lavish ceremony.Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern, 63, a descendant of the Kaiser, is scheduled to exchange vows with his surgically-enhanced sweetheart Tatjana Gsell on Monday.
Prince Ferfried has four children by his previous marriages.

Princess Xenia of Saxony, 19, who will also skip the wedding, said: 'I do hope that Ferfried does not experience a similar fate to that of Franz Gsell.'

YouTube - Foffi und Gsell

hmmm...this is marrying a von Preussen? maybe i have a chance (i'm not quite as sleazy and flaky and I don't speak German with the accent of a 2-yr-old)!

Although Georg Friedrich isn't under any kind of compulsion to marry noble - do any of you think he will marry noble or common (like some of the other families)??

I accidentally bumped into this thread and find it very amusing. I will continue reading to find out more. However I had to stop and say thank you for posting these photos.
hmmm...this is marrying a von Preussen?
Sorry but if this lady is 34 then I am 12...........and she prepared him breakfast too!!!!!!!!!! What a lucky man!!! LOL

Prince Ferfied of Hohenzollern has difficulties to fulfill the sentense that he got a few months ago. He can not afford to pay the money for a ticket from London to Berlin, he can not pay the 3500 euros fine. He was also sentenced to 150 hours of community duty but he says he wrote 150 applications but was refused all the time.

Newspaper Berliner Kurier however asked around and found several associations that were willing to accept him. The salvation army for example or reading to children in a library.

Article in Dutch here.

Sorry but if this lady is 34 then I am 12...........and she prepared him breakfast too!!!!!!!!!! What a lucky man!!! LOL
Odette my dear she maybe prepare him a breakfast but is it for people?:whistling: After so many (probably) plastic surgerys how she can look?
She treat him like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom