Links to Prussian and Hohenzollern Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Post in this thread links to websites about the Hohenzollerns.

prussiacoa.jpg

The official website of the Royal Family of Prussia:

Preussen.de - Today

Last edited:
And here is another one: Untitled Document
(German)
and here is the english version: Untitled Document Please note though that the information on the German site is more complex, the English one is more of a summary.

Last edited by a moderator:
A site for the Teutonic Order, of which Prince Karl Friedrich is the Grand Master. Interesting note: His title is listed as "His Imperial and Royal Highness."
The Teutonic Order of Saint Marys Hospital in Jerusalem - Deutscher Orden - German Order, was formally revived back into a Chivalric Order of Knighthoood, thus making a seperate Chivalric Arm of the Teutonic Order from the present Clerical Papal Arm of the Order in Rome, By His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Karl Friedrich of Germany, on Christmas Day in the year of Our Lord Two Thousand and One, by Imperial Decree. His Imperial Highness, assumed the Grand Mastership of The Imperial Teutonic Order - Deutscher Orden, on the 1st day of Janaury, 2002, thus becoming the 60th Chivalric Hoch-und-Deutschmeister of Teutonic Order of Saint Marys Hospital in Jerusalem - Deutscher Orden.
Teutonic Order - Deutscher Orden - German Order - 1190

That's a lot of rubbish!

I'm not sure who is even mean with "His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Karl Friedrich of Germany"; to begin with their never was a "Prince of Germany". There never even were an "Emperor of Germany" or a "Crown Prince of Germany" but simply a "German Emperor" and a "German Crown Prince". Secondly, Prince Karl Friedrich is the head of the Swabian branch of the Hohenzollern family and the German empire was ruled by the Franconian branch.

While there still exist the "Teutonic Order" it is not longer an order of chivalry by a spiritual order whose "Hochmeister" is a Catholic priest. There are honoured persons from the highest levels of German and Austrian society who are members of the third level of the order, but these are called "Familiare" and not knights. First level is priests and lay brothers, second are nuns - no knights around at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saschana, I did think that sounded odd. I was chalking it up to a mistake on the part of the webmaster.

Kataryn, very true about the the religious aspect of the order. I believe their third level are referred to as Marian Associates.

Back
Top Bottom