The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Gentry

At the risk of this thread becoming a broken record, I'd like to reiterate the point that royal-royal marriages are no more or less likely to be love matches than royal-commoner marriages. Princes might like marrying princesses, but there are at least a few princes who I think are quite proud of themselves for having married red-blooded women. To take a partner from a background different from their own was perhaps proving something to themselves and the world.

I would imagine there could be an automatic degree of trust where people are of the same standing. If Sophie wasn't already a princess, she'd be facing public and private suspicions that she'd out to trap Georg for the sake of becoming a princess. Plenty of non-princesses in this world would, so perhaps if you're a prince, there's a comfort level when you meet a girl who already has her own title.

And, then, don't people throughout the world tend to marry persons from similar backgrounds? My family is Catholic and my sisters both married Catholic men, but it wasn't because of any family expectation to do so. It just worked out that one married a classmate from her (Catholic) university, the other married the brother of a friend from HER (Catholic) university. If royals and aristocrats still frequently hang out with each other, wouldn't it be strange if at least a few of them DIDN'T naturally come together?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Just a little hello from a new member of this board. :-) I am an Australian but I recently learned about my Prussian ancestry on my mother's side of the family so I am greatly looking forward to this event.

I have enjoyed reading the discussions here about Georg and his bride. Hopefully the mainstream media in the English-speaking world will cover this event in some way but I am not holding my breath.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Courtier

This does not surprise me one bit I knew that someday the prince would get engaged and then marry now the time has come to a princess in her own right which is very rare in this time frame.He can breath more easy and the rest of his family mainly his uncles won't hound him any longer.
But anyway congrats to the couple I really want their marriage to last!!!

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 06-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Ah, I am just in love with this couple!, and hope beyond hope that they were invited and subsequently attend Albert & Charlene's wedding next month.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Some Wedding News
The bride will arrive together with her fahter in an silver Rolls Royce. She will wear an historic Veil and a tiara from the Isenbrug Family.
After the oecumenical Service the couple willdrive in an open carriage to the Neuen Kammers in the Park of Sansoucci where the Reception will take place.
later a dinner for 350 guests in the Orangerie of Sansoucci Castle
The Wedding will be broadcasted löive by RBB the local Channel for Berlin-Brandenburg. It will be commented by Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert
Deutsche Hochzeit des Jahres in Potsdam: Prinz Georg Friedrich von Preussen heiratet | World's Luxury Guide

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Courtier

They broadcast it and Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert will comment? OMG and I can´t see it, because I haven´t RBB.
At least we have many footage.

Thanks for the info

Old 07-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

DefenderOfTheFaith,
welcome to TRF - great to have you with us.

After the Otto von Habsburg funeral, my interest in more German/Prussian royals has been kindled again !

I too have forebears in Prussia.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Nobility

A few more informations:

Sophie will wear a designer bridal dress, a tiara from the Isenburg family ( so the tiara question is answered) and an old family veil.
The german regional tv station RBB will report live from 12:00 on.

Großes Fest in Sanssouci - Hohenzollern-Hochzeit in Potsdam - Leute - Berliner Morgenpost - Berlin
Old 07-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

A pity that the wedding is only a few days after Otto von Habsburg's funeral ...
Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
A pity that the wedding is only a few days after Otto von Habsburg's funeral ...
The Wedding is today in 5 weeks so 6 weeks after the funeral of Otto von Habsburg.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Nobility

On Marlenes blog there is a list of royal families that are attending the wedding. I'm assuming that it isn't a full list as one family was not on the list - the Wurttembergs. I would hope that in this marriage if the Imperial heir, all the german royal families would have a reprentative there. As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend. Does anyone have any knowledge of which families will be there?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
On Marlenes blog there is a list of royal families that are attending the wedding. I'm assuming that it isn't a full list as one family was not on the list - the Wurttembergs. I would hope that in this marriage if the Imperial heir, all the german royal families would have a reprentative there. As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend. Does anyone have any knowledge of which families will be there?
The names of guests come from the Article i posted a few posts ago. They are not confirmed as guests as the guestlist is top-secret.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
...As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend.
Dear Fearghas,

I am sorry to correct You but there only have been four Kingdoms in the German Kaiserreich: Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria and Württemberg.

Regards

Alex R.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
They broadcast it and Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert will comment? OMG and I can´t see it, because I haven´t RBB.
At least we have many footage.

Thanks for the info
Ew. Durchlaucht,

You could check on the wedding day if there is a live-stream on the homepage of the rbb:
Willkommen beim rbb | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

Maybe You are lucky...

Regards

Alex R.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerAdler View Post
...but there only have been four Kingdoms in the German Kaiserreich: Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria and Württemberg.
While they were not of the Kaisers Empire, the Hanoverians were still German Kings and so I count them as the fifth.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
While they were not of the Kaisers Empire, the Hanoverians were still German Kings and so I count them as the fifth.
Well, officially since 1866 they just have been Dukes of Braunschweig-Lüneburg. But it depends what date of time you take to set down the yardstick... ;-)

Greetings to Australia

Alex R.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't there anything like "BUNTE TV" or similar where you could watch.

I was impressed the other day at the "Otto" funeral where there was plenty of good quality coverage.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Vielleicht funktioniert rbb doch...(Anleitung)

Man braucht wohl einen Kabelanschluss. Dann folgendermassen: Oben rechts auf der Fernbedienung habe ich einen Button, der heisst: "TV". Dann erscheint u.a. "DVB-C". Da drückt man drauf. Dann mit den Ziffern die Zahl 31 eingeben(bei mir erscheint rbb auf Nr. 31), oder so lange probieren, bis rbb erscheint. Später wenn man wieder das normale Programm ansehen will wieder zurück auf "analog" gehen.
Sorry, vielleicht nützt es jemanden hier in der BRD. (Wohne in Köln)
Sorry, konnte dies leider nur auf Deutsch posten, da es auf Englisch wohl eh´ für die von ausserhalb der BRD nix bringt.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Man braucht wohl einen Kabelanschluss. Dann folgendermassen: Oben rechts auf der Fernbedienung habe ich einen Button, der heisst: "TV". Dann erscheint u.a. "DVB-C". Da drückt man drauf. Dann mit den Ziffern die Zahl 31 eingeben(bei mir erscheint rbb auf Nr. 31), oder so lange probieren, bis rbb erscheint. Später wenn man wieder das normale Programm ansehen will wieder zurück auf "analog" gehen.
Sorry, vielleicht nützt es jemanden hier in der BRD. (Wohne in Köln)
Sorry, konnte dies leider nur auf Deutsch posten, da es auf Englisch wohl eh´ für die von ausserhalb der BRD nix bringt.
With astra Satellite you can also receive rbb.
Btw. the Wedding will be broadcasted live from 11h00 CEST - 14h00 CEST and a 40 minutes summary in the evening.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

No point in hoping that the BBC might show some clips of the wedding - as always.

If the Austrians can come up with some excellent "Otto" coverage, why not us?