The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Courtier

I would say that most of the german royal families would send representatives. He has attended most of their weddings in the last ten years. As for reigning families I would guess that Belgium and Luxembourg and possibly Denmark, oh and Liechtenstein. Princess Caroline would probably represent Monaco.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
My thoughts, just my deepest thoughts dear Kataryn ! You speak from my soul !
These were just my thoughts, but I didn't want to say because I didn't want to be the "grinch" here.

I guess this is more a marriage of convenience. Both are glad to marry noble. They might even have deep feelings for each other and like each other. But I'm not sure if that marriage is forever.

But of course we don't know them and I wish them all the best and no divorce ( especially for their childrens good ), many children and luck.
I'm sorry but how do you know this is a marriage of convenience? Just because many of the royals are now marrying commoners, doesn't mean any who marry a fellow royal is for convenience, or doomed to fail.

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz have been married for 27 years
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos 49 years
Anne-Marie and Constantine 47 years
Elizabeth and Philip 64 years

The fact is that many of the people they socialize, hang out with, grow up with will be members of the aristocracy. In the end most will not marry it seems these days, but at some point most will date another member of that class. To say simply because they are both of royal blood, means they only 'care about each other' is ludicrous. I don't think you date for over a decade, childhood sweethearts, and it be called a marriage of convenience.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
He still has another uncle (Christian Sigismund who married equal) with whom he seems to have a good relationship with but I don't want to know what would have happend in case Georg Friedrich made an unequal marriage. I'm sure there again would have been court cases who is rightful heir...
His Uncle Christian is his heir. Until the day he and Sophia have a son, Christian stands as heir to the throne for his nephew.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
He attended Felipe's and Frederik's so maybe Spain & Denmark? He's closer to Spain Through Sofia's Grandmother born princess of Prussia. I hope to see the Duke of Braganca with his wife. Goerg was at the Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe's wedding so maybe them. He was also present at the wedding of Hubertus, Hereditary Prince of SCG.It would be nice for either the Kent's or Gloucester's to represent the Queen at the wedding but I'm not holding my breath on that one! LOL
It would be very nice to see either the kents or gloucesters at the wedding although I prefer the former. I wish the British Royal Family would have a permanent representative that would them in weddings and occassions of Minor and non reigning royal families.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Coming up: another big royal wedding as Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia & Princess Sophie of Isenburg marry in August
Old 05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like this couple is the very few royals to marry fellow royals today.Looks like they dont mind being cousins!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

A beautiful couple indeed.Which will be the religion of their children?
Old 05-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Protestant; since they will be titled "Prince(ess)...of Prussia" and Royal Family of Prussia is Protestant.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Majesty

1500 Invitations were send this past week.On the eve of the wedding the annual
Princess Kira of Prussia concert will be at the Berlin Concert Hall instead of Hechingen Castle.It is expected that many of the wedding guests will also attend the concert.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

When they announced their engagement,my first thought was that this was an affair rather based on reason than on feelings.But as time was passing by,later one I changed my mind.It is probably that of the rarest cases when the love and the noble equality are united.I can't help admiring both of them and mostly Sophie,whose kindness and sincerity could be perceived from distance.
It's a pity that their wedding won't be aired online.I wish to know more about Sophie and her family.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will they invite the Romanian Royal Family?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Nobility

A few more infos about the wedding
Porzellan auf der Wunschliste | Südwest Presse Online
Old 05-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Will they invite the Romanian Royal Family?
Does the Romanian RF need it after King Mihai's decree?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Courtier

This couple I've only recently discovered over the past month, and I am so intrigued by them that I now make it a point to check for news about them each time I visit TRF.

I just wish their wedding would be televised on the internet. The fact that they are both royal astounds and intrigues me to delight!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
This couple I've only recently discovered over the past month, and I am so intrigued by them that I now make it a point to check for news about them each time I visit TRF.

I just wish their wedding would be televised on the internet. The fact that they are both royal astounds and intrigues me to delight!
I don't think there is a chance of Live-Coverage. Probably some small reports in the boulevard magzines.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Commoner

Would anyone know if this wedding would be hats or tiara's?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_caspian View Post
Would anyone know if this wedding would be hats or tiara's?
It will be hats as it takes place at noon. I also expect no tiaras at the Concert the evening before. perhaps if we are lucky evening gown and Smokings for the men but if it' like at the Burg Hohenzollern where it takes place every year) it will be short gowns for the woman and normals suits for the men.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Do we know who will attend? I just know that the invitations are out.
I´m sure Gloria Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis and her children, Karl Friedrich and Katharina of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Schaumburg-Lippe will come.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Do we know who will attend? I just know that the invitations are out.
I´m sure Gloria Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis and her children, Karl Friedrich and Katharina of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Schaumburg-Lippe will come.
The will not release any names of guests who have been invited. I guess a lot of the german royal and noble families will be present as Georg Friedrich attended lots of Weddings in the last years. Don't think too many foreign royals but perhaps Astrid and Lorenz of Belgium, as Loren sister-in-law Katharina is the sister of Sophie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Courtier

^Thanks Stefan!

What about politicans?