Engagement of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie von Isenburg 21 January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to their own website, rbb will broadcast live on tv and on the internet. They will broadcast live from 11 and will show a 40 minute programme with the highlights at 8.15 pm.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Isenburg tiara. Is it known what the dresscode for the evening reception will be? Will the ladies wear tiaras (drool :D)?

Dress Code for the evening reception will be "white tie" - so you might get your chance to see tiaras... ;-)
As I mentioned earlier the rbb has a camera point at the entrance to the reception, so there might be broadcasting too. At least a summary.

Regards
Alex R.

Dress Code for the evening reception will be "white tie" - so you might get your chance to see tiaras... ;-)
As I mentioned earlier the rbb has a camera point at the entrance to the reception, so there might be broadcasting too. At least a summary.

Regards
Alex R.
Thank you for your thrilling answer, Alex! If they allow a tv camera team, they certainly also allow other journalists and photographers. So we are likely to see some decent pictures of fascinating and rarely seen historical jewellery.

If coverage starts at 11 am local time that will be 5 am New York time? Is that right? My parents still think I'm crazy for waking at 6 to watch CP Victoria, now their suspicions will be confirmed! :D

Good news for all royalists interested in the wedding of HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich von Preußen:
The rbb will definitly broadcast the event live from 11:00 on the rbb, SWR and HR television and on this homepage:
Hochzeit in Potsdam | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
At 20:15 there will be a summary.
There are a lot on informations on this homepage too.

In addition to that there will be live coverage of the concert of the Prinzessin Kira von Preußen Stiftung on 26.08.2011 from 17:30 on rbb.

Happy weekend and a joyous royal wedding week
Regards
Alex R.

Does anyone know if Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco are invited and going to be there?

They are invited - but the official guestlist will not be released. We'll know on the day.

Thank you.
So I guess I'll just have to watch :)

ABOUT the TV-WEDDING:

This week the channel RBB has an internetspecial about the couple and the wedding with new articles every day starting with an portrait about the couple.

Das Brautpaar | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

The pre-wedding concert ( August, 26 th) can be seen LIVE on:
BRANDENBURG AKTUELL and at the ABENDSCHAU on RBB from 19:30 /( 7:30 pm german time) and on zibb already from 18:30 (6:30 pm german time)

The wedding can be seen live from 11:00 - 14:00 ( 11 am - 2 pm german time ) at

- RBB channel
- internet livestream at: Willkommen beim rbb | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
- HR channel
- SWR -channel

There will be a 40 minutes short- special about the highlights after the wedding on RBB - time already unknown.

According to: http://www.rbb-online.de/fernsehen/projekte/hochzeit/die_sendezeiten/die_sendungen.html

Last edited:
The dutch court said that no member of the family will attend the wedding, after questions from the media. It seems that the contact between the families ceased after the death of princess Kira.

Last edited:
The dutch court said that no member of the family will attend the wedding, after questions from the media. It seems that the contact between the families ceased after the death of princess Kira.

Dear Marengo,

thank You for the information, although it is sad news. There have been great dynastical ties between our Royal Houses since Luise Henriette of Oranien married Friedrich Wilhelm the Great Elector. We all think with gratidue also of the great hospitality of Your country to our last Kaiser after World War I.
I hope that there are no general frictions or even problems in Your Royal family that would keep them tied at home.

Lot's of greetings to the Netherlands

Alex R.

I guess that most of the people invited will have friendly ties with Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie. It is no state occasion so they will probably mainly invite people who they call friends rather than people who they are just related to but don't share a friendship with. As far as I remember Georg Friedrich attended none of the weddings of the Dutch princes.

I am sure that Princess Michael of Kent will be there. She spoke with them during Archduke Otto's Funerals !

That's possible, I also think that it's possible that we will see quite a few Habsburgs, maybe members of the Belgian, Luxembourgish and Liechtenstein royal/grand ducal/princely families as well.

I´m still surprised about the broadcast of the wedding, just thought they release some pics. :flowers:
I hope to see Albert T&T, Saschana will be enchanted, too :cool:
And maybe Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg with Princess Benedikte.

I am sure that Princess Michael of Kent will be there. She spoke with them during Archduke Otto's Funerals !

Hmm,that was just because pushy always trails on the heels of others,more a case of disorganised feet than an invite to Potsdam.
I don't think any of the British RF will be in attendance really....
And,can't believe anyone is really looking forward to have a EA of Hannover on your wedding list other then of the old bonds none of them ever lived into.Nor schumi and his blond golddigger catch,or was it the other way 'round...anyway..mentally incontinent spoiled rotten little boys,a far far cry from the discrete and dignified groom to be really.

Last edited:
Well, I think that it is more likely that EA junior will attend. The article doesn't mention whether it will be father or son.

Other guests will include Matthias Platzeck, the minister president of Brandenburg and the mayor of Hechingen (the place were Hohenzollern castle is situated).

And regarding Princess Michael, I don't know whether she will attend but she and her family have close friendships with other German royal and noble families, for example the Thurn und Taxis. Of course that doesn't mean that she also is friends with either the Hohenzollern or the Isenburgs.

As an matter of course ONE member of the Hanover family will attend, because all important german royal families send at least one representant.
But EA senior won't even have the health condition to take such an event (and probably blame the whole family!).

I guess EA junior and/or Christian will come. Junior and Georg have quite a good relationship I guess (I saw them on pictures together). Or another member of the Hanoveranians will come, because there are some other princes left.

Anyway Georg attended several events in Monaco. He has no relationship to the Grimaldi family except the connection via Caroline and her stepchildren.

Maybe even Caroline will come.
I take my bet also on : Albert and Charlene and even on the Kents. Princess Michael of Kent attended several minor events for the Queen in the german/ austrian region, because she comes from german/ austrain nobility and speaks german.

We should never forget the royal second row: There is no Letizia, but may be Elena ? No Mary, but may be Marie ?

Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu of Romania are attending the event:

C

Prussiasmall.gif

The Wedding thread is now open:

Wedding of HI & RH Prince Georg Friedrich & Princess Sophie of Isenburg

• • •

Lucien, you're great with your comments. Schumi? Whoever that is, I got a laugh out of your comment and the spoiled rotten little boys comment was great too. One correction, though. I believe the word is mentally imcompetant, not incontinate! But then again, maybe 'Schumi' is incompetant, and EA Senior, incontinate!

Back
Top Bottom