Engagement of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie von Isenburg 21 January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This nuptial engagement is surprising to me as I was away from computer access when they had announced this. It seems to be a great union where two loyal regal persons find an attraction and bond, placing sealing of grandeur for their entwinement. It's good to see. I had hoped that Georg would find love and a romance along the way while following here. So I'm happy. But it is surprising and yet a breath of fresh air. Who knew that he found love when it felt he was going after love.

Wishing this Royal pair the makings of a great dynasty. The World is their oasis and just maybe they will be sovereign and actually in reign someday. Therefore good luck and may you partake in the communion of the people in the land and show as example your way. Long may you both remember your vows and bondage when the time passes and takes place. Cheers. :flowers:

Last edited:
I have a question though, will any reigning houses of Europe attend? I've never seen anyone from the house of Hohenzollern attend an occasion (e.g. Wedding, Banquets, Funeral or Burial) of any reigning houses, the only person I know who attended such were HI&RH Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia when she was still alive after such, I've never seen anyone from their family attend

Princ Georg Friedrich attended the Weddings of Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Felipe in 2004.

Princ Georg Friedrich attended the Weddings of Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Felipe in 2004.

Really? I didn't know that thank you for that information. I hope Prince Georg Friedrich would attend the wedding either Prince William or Prince Albert this year, such a shame I didn't see him in Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.

Wishing this Royal pair the makings of a great dynasty. The World is their oasis and just maybe they will be sovereign and actually in reign someday. Therefore good luck and may you partake in the communion of the people in the land and show as example your way. Long may you both remember your vows and bondage when the time passes and takes place. Cheers. :flowers:

Well, they surely won't reign in Germany as the Prince is just the pretendant to the title of "German emperor" and not of the "Emperor of Germany" as the country consists today of a lot of formerly independant monarchies. So even if Germany would like to revert back to a monarchy (which it doesn't) the question would be "Which one?" and I doubt that this time the political powers would choose Prussia's RF.

Invited Reigning Royals?

Would anyone know or guess which of the royal reigning houses would be invited to the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie of Isenburg?

I am looking forward to the pix of the wedding especially of his mother. There are so few pix of her !

I'm curious to see which of his uncles will attend the wedding.

Would anyone know or guess which of the royal reigning houses would be invited to the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie of Isenburg?

He attended Felipe's and Frederik's so maybe Spain & Denmark? He's closer to Spain Through Sofia's Grandmother born princess of Prussia. I hope to see the Duke of Braganca with his wife. Goerg was at the Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe's wedding so maybe them. He was also present at the wedding of Hubertus, Hereditary Prince of SCG.It would be nice for either the Kent's or Gloucester's to represent the Queen at the wedding but I'm not holding my breath on that one! LOL

I would say that most of the german royal families would send representatives. He has attended most of their weddings in the last ten years. As for reigning families I would guess that Belgium and Luxembourg and possibly Denmark, oh and Liechtenstein. Princess Caroline would probably represent Monaco.

My thoughts, just my deepest thoughts dear Kataryn ! You speak from my soul !
These were just my thoughts, but I didn't want to say because I didn't want to be the "grinch" here.

I guess this is more a marriage of convenience. Both are glad to marry noble. They might even have deep feelings for each other and like each other. But I'm not sure if that marriage is forever.

But of course we don't know them and I wish them all the best and no divorce ( especially for their childrens good ), many children and luck.

I'm sorry but how do you know this is a marriage of convenience? Just because many of the royals are now marrying commoners, doesn't mean any who marry a fellow royal is for convenience, or doomed to fail.

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz have been married for 27 years
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos 49 years
Anne-Marie and Constantine 47 years
Elizabeth and Philip 64 years

The fact is that many of the people they socialize, hang out with, grow up with will be members of the aristocracy. In the end most will not marry it seems these days, but at some point most will date another member of that class. To say simply because they are both of royal blood, means they only 'care about each other' is ludicrous. I don't think you date for over a decade, childhood sweethearts, and it be called a marriage of convenience.

He still has another uncle (Christian Sigismund who married equal) with whom he seems to have a good relationship with but I don't want to know what would have happend in case Georg Friedrich made an unequal marriage. I'm sure there again would have been court cases who is rightful heir...

His Uncle Christian is his heir. Until the day he and Sophia have a son, Christian stands as heir to the throne for his nephew.

He attended Felipe's and Frederik's so maybe Spain & Denmark? He's closer to Spain Through Sofia's Grandmother born princess of Prussia. I hope to see the Duke of Braganca with his wife. Goerg was at the Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe's wedding so maybe them. He was also present at the wedding of Hubertus, Hereditary Prince of SCG.It would be nice for either the Kent's or Gloucester's to represent the Queen at the wedding but I'm not holding my breath on that one! LOL

It would be very nice to see either the kents or gloucesters at the wedding although I prefer the former. I wish the British Royal Family would have a permanent representative that would them in weddings and occassions of Minor and non reigning royal families.

Looks like this couple is the very few royals to marry fellow royals today.Looks like they dont mind being cousins!

A beautiful couple indeed.Which will be the religion of their children?

I think Protestant; since they will be titled "Prince(ess)...of Prussia" and Royal Family of Prussia is Protestant.

:imperialgermany:

1500 Invitations were send this past week.On the eve of the wedding the annual
Princess Kira of Prussia concert will be at the Berlin Concert Hall instead of Hechingen Castle.It is expected that many of the wedding guests will also attend the concert.

When they announced their engagement,my first thought was that this was an affair rather based on reason than on feelings.But as time was passing by,later one I changed my mind.It is probably that of the rarest cases when the love and the noble equality are united.I can't help admiring both of them and mostly Sophie,whose kindness and sincerity could be perceived from distance.
It's a pity that their wedding won't be aired online.I wish to know more about Sophie and her family.

Will they invite the Romanian Royal Family?

This couple I've only recently discovered over the past month, and I am so intrigued by them that I now make it a point to check for news about them each time I visit TRF. :)

I just wish their wedding would be televised on the internet. The fact that they are both royal astounds and intrigues me to delight! :heart1:

This couple I've only recently discovered over the past month, and I am so intrigued by them that I now make it a point to check for news about them each time I visit TRF. :)

I just wish their wedding would be televised on the internet. The fact that they are both royal astounds and intrigues me to delight! :heart1:

I don't think there is a chance of Live-Coverage. Probably some small reports in the boulevard magzines.

Would anyone know if this wedding would be hats or tiara's?

Would anyone know if this wedding would be hats or tiara's?

It will be hats as it takes place at noon. I also expect no tiaras at the Concert the evening before. perhaps if we are lucky evening gown and Smokings for the men but if it' like at the Burg Hohenzollern where it takes place every year) it will be short gowns for the woman and normals suits for the men.

Do we know who will attend? I just know that the invitations are out.
I´m sure Gloria Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis and her children, Karl Friedrich and Katharina of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Schaumburg-Lippe will come.

Do we know who will attend? I just know that the invitations are out.
I´m sure Gloria Fürstin von Thurn und Taxis and her children, Karl Friedrich and Katharina of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Schaumburg-Lippe will come.
The will not release any names of guests who have been invited. I guess a lot of the german royal and noble families will be present as Georg Friedrich attended lots of Weddings in the last years. Don't think too many foreign royals but perhaps Astrid and Lorenz of Belgium, as Loren sister-in-law Katharina is the sister of Sophie.

Back
Top Bottom