Death and funeral of Prince Johann-Georg of Hohenzollern - 2/12 March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if his long-term partner Sabine Leu was at this funeral? Technically Birgitta is the widow but Hansi had been living with Sabine for over a decade (he said at the time that he and Birgitta were 'good with each other' about it. Divorce was never an option.

He loved and promoted Romania in a very discreet way.

Did I miss Fürst Karl Friedrich, Fürstin Katharina, the previous Fürstin Alexandra, Erbprinz Alexander and his tree sisters? Maybe because they are already in Schloss Sigmaringen? They were more or less the hosts. The pictures showed guests arriving.

Last edited:
Did I miss Fürst Karl Friedrich, Fürstin Katharina, the previous Fürstin Alexandra, Erbprinz Alexander and his tree sisters? Maybe because they are already in Schloss Sigmaringen? They were more or less the hosts. The pictures showed guests arriving.

They and the Family of the deceased where driven in Cars to the back entrance of the Church so that they could arrive out of the sight of the Press and public.

Last edited:
I see. It was indeed announced on beforehand, that the funeral would have a strictly private character. Danke Schön!

The Fürst has visibly aged, I must say. He has all white hair, while I had a more grey man in my mind. Of course Prince Johann Georg was his uncle. It will have gripped him too.

Picture

The black sheep of the family with his too young, too plastic and too bimbo girlfriends?
It would not surprise me if he was not invited...

:whistling:

He was there.

What a good-willing and forgiving family.

:flowers:

He alson attended the funeral of his oldest brother the late Fürst back in 2010. Also there was his former first wife Angela with her second husband actor Fritz Wepper.

Who celebrated the Funeral Mass?

I am impressed by the German Royals , they were all there.
Thanks for the many the Brauer photos wth the royal's names.

Sorry to ask,but who can be seen in pictures?Of royals/nobles of course.

I don't understand on the Brauer pictures you see also unknown persons

Well,yes,but I would like to know who was present among royal/noble relatives/friends...can't identify them on the pictures.

Sorry to ask,but who can be seen in pictures?Of royals/nobles of course.

At the Brauer gallery which link has been posted here, there are the names of the people at many of the photos.

More galleries and articles, where the people are identified:
Schwedens Royals trauern _ Königlicher Abschied von Hansi Hohenzollern - Royals - Bild.de
Fotostrecke_ Schweden trägt Schwarz_ Bilder_ Hochadel bei der Hohenzollern-Beerdigung - Promis - Abendzeitung München
Gästerna som gick på Hansis begravning _ Svensk Damtidning

Marc ,You certainly know the Heads and the Houses of Hesse , Prussia , Baden, Baviera etc ...and their families

I was at Sigmaringen last Saturday. I will make a Post in my Blog in the next days with a list of those german Royals i could recognize.

Last edited:
Great , If I was in Germany I should have gone to .
Were they many people and could you see everybody even the King and the Queen of Sweden?

Great , If I was in Germany I should have gone to .
Were they many people and could you see everybody even the King and the Queen of Sweden?

There where quiet a few people. but all could only see the swedish RF, the Princely Family of Hohenzollern and the Family of Prince Johann Georg driving by in cars as they where all driven to the back entrance through which they went in and left.

I saw on another board that the Duke of Baden carplate was BADEN 1

Thanks Stefan for sharing your pictures. Well Done;
Who are Fritz and Angela Wepper?

Back
Top Bottom