Originally Posted by KaiserJames
If you want German Royal Flags, you want Imperial Standards. Here's a few:
1. The Royal Standard of Prussia and the House of Hohenzollern
2. The Imperial Standard of Wilhelm I
3. The Imperial Standard of Wilhelm II
The third one probably makes for the best fit.
Unfortunately that is not entirely correct.
1. This is the Royal Standard of the King of Prussia (1889-1918).
It is NOT the Standard of the House of Hohenzollern. If the bunting were white instead of red then it would be the Standard of Members of the Royal Prussian Family (1889-1918)
2. This is NOT the Imperial Standard (1871-1889). The bunting for the Imperial Standard would be yellow, the crown is the Imperial Crown and the eagle on the shield is the eagle used during the years 1871-1889.
So this is a mixture which did not have existed in reality.
3. Yes, this is the Imperial Standard from 1889 to 1918.