The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiale View Post
"And last one is Dom Pedro Luiz, son of Dom Antonio, that now is living in Belgium working in a bank (the main reason hes there is to find a suitable spouse to him)". LECEN 2-12-2008

So this Prince of Brasil is not interested in marrying a Brasilian woman? Is his family pushing this? I do not mind if he marries royalty but I do mind that he will not accept a Brasilian. I hope this is all untrue. He seems like a fine young man. He seems more normal than the odd couple in Sao Paulo. What ever he does I think we all wish him well.
If you find a brazilian royal. Good to you.

But there isnt.

I dont remember the british complaining about queen Elizabeth II having married a greek prince (Philipp) or king Juan Carlos also having married a greek princess.

Its not about nationality, but instead, being a royal or not.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Courtier

IFor a male member of the Brazilian imperial family to keep their title and succession rights to the headship they must marry a fellow royal.Who ever fellows this law and is the oldest male member of the family I think that ancestor did not give up his right is the head of the Brazilian imperial house.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Nobility

As a Brazilian I say to all of you: the brazilians don't like the monarchy because the republic made such a good game of wrong ideias about it. Most of the people even know how the monarchy works. It's VERY VERY VERY hard to see a monarchy in my country. And I woundn't like to, eitheir. I'd prefer to live in The Netherlands and have Beatrix as my queen, per exemple.

Tags
brazilian imperial family, claimants, petropolis, succession, vassouras