The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 05-07-2018, 01:07 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 20,588
The prince is not a member of the royal house as his father- Prince Eudes- renounced his rights to the throne for himself and his descendants in 1966. We can not blame him for choosing the life & career for himself that he wishes. If his father's marriage would have been approved, the prince would have been the heir to the defunct throne.

According to the translation claims that abortion opens the door to pedophilia and matricide. I never heard of the latter, but it is the killing of your mother. A curious line of thought I suppose. Apart from that he is in favor of the return of the monarchy, free market and non-intervention of the state.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:46 PM
Frozen Royalist's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Raleigh, United States
Posts: 188
Let's see here, there has been a new article from The Sun Daily but this was just the usual about a royal thinking that a constitutional monarchy being best for Brazil and all, so whatever.

According to my research, Brazilian monarchism has been on the rise for a while now and especially since the 2014 Football (European soccer) World Cup and the government of Dilma Rouseff, you guys probably know that last part well but its better to keep track of history am I right? Any who, today there are facebook pages and websites like Pró Monarquia that have around 80,000 followers which points to a verge of convergence in the various strands of Brazilian monarchism.

The Imperial Royal Family of Brazil itself is becoming better known, which is a good thing. In 2017 Prince Bertrand was on the largest talk show in the nation and this in turn led to a record break of an audience on the show itself, this shows that people are at least paying attention. Said prince has also been interviewed by various newspapers and journalists, which is also a good thing in my opinion because it helps raise some awareness.

Now even though the latest poll had shown about 11% of the population (roughly around 23 million Brazilians) would support the idea of a restoration there is known the less greater support. I honestly personally suspect the percentage in favor of restoration to be rather larger with somewhere between 15% - 20% of the population to be in favor, you know, silent monarchists.

It's also a good sign that when there are anti-government protests, people do wave around the flag of the old empire, it's obvious that they support the notion of a constitutional monarchy if they were waving the flag around, and there have been multiple people doing it at each protests too so this isn't exactly entirely fringe.

However, some of the main issues facing the restoration include the fact that a lot of people see this as a caricature without seriousness, this needs to change with monarchists using better PR and showing that they are 110% serious about restoration IMO. Also members of the Imperial Royal Family need to distant themselves from "undesirables" if you people catch my drift.

The fact that it has this much attention at least shows that Brazilian monarchism is now at least not entirely fringe and semi-mainstream. As I said before one of the main problems is PR, that and I think the Imperial Royal Family needs to show more unity. It is nice that many members are in favor or restoration, and this is especially great in the face of the restoration movements in Europe, but in the end unity is still an issue plus as I may or may not have said before, Prince Bertrand is way too old for the throne in my opinion.

This concludes my report on Brazilian monarchism.

-Frozen Royalist
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Royalist View Post
Let's see here, there has been a new article from The Sun Daily but this was just the usual about a royal thinking that a constitutional monarchy being best for Brazil and all, so whatever.

According to my research, Brazilian monarchism has been on the rise for a while now and especially since the 2014 Football (European soccer) World Cup and the government of Dilma Rouseff, you guys probably know that last part well but its better to keep track of history am I right? Any who, today there are facebook pages and websites like Pró Monarquia that have around 80,000 followers which points to a verge of convergence in the various strands of Brazilian monarchism.

The Imperial Royal Family of Brazil itself is becoming better known, which is a good thing. In 2017 Prince Bertrand was on the largest talk show in the nation and this in turn led to a record break of an audience on the show itself, this shows that people are at least paying attention. Said prince has also been interviewed by various newspapers and journalists, which is also a good thing in my opinion because it helps raise some awareness.

Now even though the latest poll had shown about 11% of the population (roughly around 23 million Brazilians) would support the idea of a restoration there is known the less greater support. I honestly personally suspect the percentage in favor of restoration to be rather larger with somewhere between 15% - 20% of the population to be in favor, you know, silent monarchists.

It's also a good sign that when there are anti-government protests, people do wave around the flag of the old empire, it's obvious that they support the notion of a constitutional monarchy if they were waving the flag around, and there have been multiple people doing it at each protests too so this isn't exactly entirely fringe.

However, some of the main issues facing the restoration include the fact that a lot of people see this as a caricature without seriousness, this needs to change with monarchists using better PR and showing that they are 110% serious about restoration IMO. Also members of the Imperial Royal Family need to distant themselves from "undesirables" if you people catch my drift.

The fact that it has this much attention at least shows that Brazilian monarchism is now at least not entirely fringe and semi-mainstream. As I said before one of the main problems is PR, that and I think the Imperial Royal Family needs to show more unity. It is nice that many members are in favor or restoration, and this is especially great in the face of the restoration movements in Europe, but in the end unity is still an issue plus as I may or may not have said before, Prince Bertrand is way too old for the throne in my opinion.

This concludes my report on Brazilian monarchism.

-Frozen Royalist
Don't you think that the very conservative outlook of the current leadership of the Imperial family could be a hindrance to them achieving a big popular support? I know that Brazilians in general aren't as liberal in their lifestyle as we Europeans tend to think but there's still a big divide between them and the Imperial House which seems almost Carlist in their views.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 06-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Don't you think that the very conservative outlook of the current leadership of the Imperial family could be a hindrance to them achieving a big popular support? I know that Brazilians in general aren't as liberal in their lifestyle as we Europeans tend to think but there's still a big divide between them and the Imperial House which seems almost Carlist in their views.
It is difficult to define Brazilians as far as their political position is concerned. Most Brazilians favor a strong government and state intervention in the economy, which means that the Anglo-Saxon philosophy of free markets and small government is actually not very popular down there, neither on the left nor on the right. On the other hand, many Brazilians are very nationalistic and surprisingly right- wing in the sense of being anti-communist and socially conservative. More so than a restoration of the monarchy, I think the country is very susceptible now to the rise of right-wing populism as we are seeing today with presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro for example.

As far as imperial flags being seen on anti-government protests recently, I tend to agree with what other posters said. It is a notorious fact that, in some countries including Brazil ( but also in France, Portugal, etc.), there are monarchist groups which are openly reactionary and advocate a type of monarchy that is sharply different from the way modern constitutional monarchies now operate in Northern Europe or in Spain ( the only Southern European country where the monarchy has been successfully restored). The 2014–15 protests against the Rousseff government, without questioning whether they were justified or not, attracted nonetheless several right-wing or even far right-wing groups ,including monarchists , who were then disproportionately represented. In a way then , we are talking about a biased sample here.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 2,667
With the new government in Brazil is there more chance of restoring the monarchy?
__________________
Acclamation Manuel II of Portugal: 6 May 1908
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Frozen Royalist's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Raleigh, United States
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
With the new government in Brazil is there more chance of restoring the monarchy?
Well, President Jair Bolsonaro is a member of the Brazilian nationalist Social Liberal Party which has some monarchism within the organization but from what I've researched about the party, monarchism is a minor ideology compared to its major ideologies such as Nationalism, Conservativism, Militarism, Anti-Communism, and the Christian Right. I suppose if it suits the Social Liberal Party they would press for it but I think the chances of restoration under the new government is unlikely, to be Frank here.

IMO, Bolsonaro is probably going to turn out to be a combination of Donald Trump and a typical Latin American dictator where you see an increase of authoritarianism with a big cult personality. I just don't see this guy willingly handing the executive seat, whether ceremonial or not, to somebody else while he is in power. I suppose there is the chance this might increase the chance for restoration but at the moment only around 10-15% of the population would really support it and the rest either aren't sure or consider the pretenders and their supporters to be clowns, jokes, etc.

But, maybe I'll be proven wrong and we'll see a restored Empire of Brazil, though I doubt it. Thus this concludes my two cents on the matter.

-Frozen Royalist
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monarchy and Restoration; Rival Families and Claimants aj00192557 The Imperial Family of Russia 977 06-10-2018 10:46 AM
Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania Benjamin The Royal Family of Romania 1280 12-14-2017 02:38 AM




Popular Tags
belgian birthday celebration british royal family britishroyals ceremony clothes corruption crown crown prince hussein's future wife current events daughter de belgique denmark duchessofcambridge duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex duke of york earl of wessex extramarital affairs french revolution future wife of prince hussein genealogy general news gordon greece headship her children infanta cristina introduction juan carlos kate middleton kiko lady louise mountbatten-windsor lineage meghan markle modernization monogram nelson mandela bay patron prince aymeric prince harry princenapoleon prince nicholas prince peter princess benedikte princesses princess eugenie princess louise princess of belgium princess royal public opinion qe2 quizz remarriage royal royal family sarah duchess of york savoy saxony siblings soldier state visit the crown titles uk styles united kingdom van belgië windsor castle windy city wivies



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises