Prince Pedro Luíz (1983-2009) Brazilian heir killed in Air France plane crash

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the second phone call she told me she telephoned D. Isabel de Herédia (the Duchess of Braganza) and the Duke of Braganza but they knew already about the tragic event and they told her they had met the young prince recently in Portugal with Princess Michael of Kent (I think it was mentioned here in another thread)
Yes, there's a photo of him at that event on this blog:

http://inparties.blogspot.com/2009/03/sar-pricesa-michael-of-kent-apresenta.html

and there will be a mass tomorrow in Lisbon.
Diário de Notícias asked D. Duarte if he was planing to go to Brazil and he answered that if the death is confirmed, he will obviously accompany the family. He is planing to order a mass service in Portugal, but he says it would be just on the 7th day after the death.

"Vou mandar celebrar uma missa para os amigos" - Portugal - DN

Last edited:
The Belgian newspapers report that a person of the Brazilian-Belgian nationality was in the plane , newspaper de Standaard says that this is prince Pedro Luís. He was seated next to another Belgian.

De Standaard Online - Frans vrachtschip vindt brokstukken

---
A french ship seems to have found pieces of the plane.

My condolences to the family.
Losing someone, yet so young, is always a terrible shock.

I´m extremely sad over the death of young Dom Pedro Luis. In the morning, a friend of mine who belongs to the Monarchic Circle and is a private friend of Dom Antonio, told me the very sad news. He had just received a communication asking for prayers.
On the 6th of June there was going to happen a birthday mass for Dom Luis at the Outeiro da Gloria and afterwars a luncheon in his honour. But now, I think this mass will turn into a mourning mass for young Dom Pedro. We, Brazilian monarchists, are very sorry for this loss., and have been praying for the whole family.

I hope that he is in heaven. What a great loss for his family. I will pray for him and the other victims.

Brazil, I am so sorry!

:easter:I would like to express my condolences for these sad new.

such sad news

such sad news not only conerning the prince and his family, but also of the other poor people which has perished and thier families, my heart goes out to everyone concerned.

however , if it was not for this site, i would had never had known abt the prince being on the doomed flight. i have been following the british / american news reports on tv, but theres been no mention of the prince at all.

i am wondering if any other members have seen any news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince being on the doomed plane?
thanks

such sad news not only conerning the prince and his family, but also of the other poor people which has perished and thier families, my heart goes out to everyone concerned.

however , if it was not for this site, i would had never had known abt the prince being on the doomed flight. i have been following the british / american news reports on tv, but theres been no mention of the prince at all.
i am wondering if any other members have seen any such news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince?
thanks
Nothing here in Italy...as ever...

Did he have a family ?? I mean children, wife...

How terrible. This news story is so strange. I feel awful for all of the families involved, including the imperial family.

I just saw his name on the list. How terribly sad.

Last edited:
Tragic. There is no other word. Let us pray for Prince Pedro Luis, for all those who perished in this accident, and for their families.

Let us also rejoice and give thanks that others, such as Princesse Alix de Ligne, still live. I can only imagine her parents' relief, mixed (as it must be) with grief over the loss of their nephew.

What a reminder that every day is a gift, for each and every one of us.

:easter:

Big Dreams, From the Stage to the Throne, Vanish With Jet

SÃO PAULO, Brazil - The crash of Air France Flight 447, with 228 people on board, ended many dreams. Few were as grand as that of 26-year-old Pedro Luíz de Orléans e Bragança: to be king of Brazil.

Born in Rio de Janeiro, Mr. Orléans e Bragança was a descendant of the Portuguese royalty who reigned in Brazil until the late 19th century. He was passionate about returning Brazil to a monarchy. He was returning to Luxembourg, where he was living as the guest of a duke.

Read more about Prince Dom Pedro Luiz on The Wall Street Journal

This event is incomprehensible. It's gut-wrenching each time some new person's identity and background is revealed.

When I heard a plane from Brazil to Europe had been lost, I fleetingly wondered about everyone I know/know of in Brazil, including the Orléans e Braganças and the Lorentzens. I was shocked when one of them actually appeared on the passenger list.

i am wondering if any other members have seen any news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince being on the doomed plane?
thanks
It was mentioned in a dutch newspaper (with a picture of him):
Crash van Airbus is grootste ramp met Air France-toestel - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]

This is so sad news:( My deepest condolences to the family.

I'm really sorry, but...now I've lost my hopes.
Until now I hoped he and the others passengers were found alive, but...
My condolences to his Parents, his siblings, his Grandmothers and the whole Imperial Family and Ligne Family.

Prince Pedro Luis

May he Rest In Peace! The Angels watch over him now and all the other souls who perished. My sincerest condolences.

MM

I am very sorry to hear this sad news of Prince Pedro Luiz's death. May he rest in peace. My condolences to his parents, his brother, his sisters and his whole family.:sad:

Princess D. Maria of Bavaria, unfortunately, lost her memory and is not conscient of anything.

The family is planning a mass at the Mosteiro de São Bento (a big barroque convent from the 18th century in the centre of Rio) for the HUGE crowds that probably will turn in, the European relatives also will be present.

D. Antonio and D. Cristina are starting to feel the burden and being emotional, they could not face a travel to Europe so soon.

D. Pedro Luiz visited São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis. Everywhere he met his cousins who are extremelly depressed and even in despair.

It´s not the first flight accident with a menber of the Brazililan Imperial Family as Prince D. Eudes suffered one when in honeymoon on his second marriage in Jamaica. The couple had to survive eating cannabis.
Pequeno príncipe - Ancelmo Gois: O Globo

D. Pedro Luiz gave an interview last march with SURPRISING declarations!! A way of thinking very far from the way of thinking of his single uncles.
For instance he gave a positive opinion on the Lula´s administration:

"O Brasil é, nesta altura, um país respeitado que faz parte do G-20. Como vê esta nova imagem do Brasil no mundo?

D. Pedro: Estou muito contente com a performance económica do Brasil, tudo derivado da política de Lula da Silva. Sou um apoiante das opções políticas do governo brasileiro, que na minha opinião está a diminuir o fosso entre os brasileiros."
Causa Imperial -Notícias
http://www.famososeglamour.com/geral/morreu-herdeiro-da-casa-imperial-do-brasil/

Princess D. Maria of Bavaria, unfortunately, lost her memory and is not conscient of anything.
Is this loss of memory of D. Maria connected to the death of D. Pedro Luiz, or is it a situation she already was in? I hope so...

Back
Top Bottom