Prince Pedro Luíz (1983-2009) Brazilian heir killed in Air France plane crash

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alberto2244

Aristocracy
City
-
Country
Brazil
Oh my god, tell me it is not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Family reacted amazingly serene, they find strenght in GOD
1f) Pedro Luíz Maria José Miguel Rafael Gabriel Gonzaga, b.Rio de Janeiro 12 Jan 1983

Alberto, where do you get your information?

He is the eldest son of Prince D. Antonio and his wife D. Cristina, isn't he?

There's still an incertitude on the name of the passengers. Even the governments don't have the list of the passengers yet. So until we get more information, it's very hard to tell. There's already a thread on this news here.

Last edited:
Until we have official confirmation of the loss of a member of the royal family, there's little point speculating. I'm closing the thread for the moment.

We have a thread in Members' Corner for discussion of the incident itself:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ris-flight-missing-with-228-aboard-22163.html

If the loss of this member of the royal family is confirmed by a reputable news source, the airline, or the family, this thread will be reopened immediately.

Elspeth

Last edited:
It is an unfortunate development. It is impossible to imagine what Prince Pedro's parents are going through.

How unfortunate that he was on the plane. Does anybody know why he was on?
x

:previous:he was on his way back to luxembourg where he lives

He worked for a bank in Luxembourg, to where he was flying back.

So he must have been gettting a connecting flight from Paris.
How awful for his family. My heart goes out to them.
x

I´ve just arrived from......Air France where I went to buy my own ticket. People in the lift were extremely sad and they talked only about it, when I told them there was an Orleans-Bragança in the airplane there were so very shocked!!!
The taxi driver was also very sad, in short the country is in mourning

How horrible!

I believe they will be searching for the air plane in the sea & asked assistance from the USA, but the chance of finding the plane, let alone any people, is very small.

According to José at the Benelux Royals MB, the prince's cousin, princess Alix de Ligne, was supposed to take the same flight. She however took another flight.

--
Prince Pedro Luis is the grandson of princess Marie Alix of Luxembourg, sister of Grand Duke Jean.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we only can hope...For him, but also for his family, for his parents, his siblings and his two old grandmothers...

Sad for the Imperial family and everyone else who lost their loved ones.
May he rest in peace.

It´s horrible! I´m so sad. My condolences to the Imperial family. :sad:
What a sad day!

This is so sad, my condolences to the family :(

Is Pedro Luis the only remaining heir to this branch of the Brazilian Imperial family? His two uncles don't have sons and I don't think girls are allowed to inherit anymore, or am I mistaken? Either way, the loss of a child is far more devastating than the loss of an heir to an extinct claim. My thoughts are with the families of everyone on the plane :(

D. Marina Laffayete de Andrada, my lady friend, telephoned to D. Luiz and D. Bertrand to present her condolences but their secretary answered they were in their private chapel praying for their nephew.
D. Marina told me also her nephew by alliance, Prince D. Pedro, the older, married to D. Fátima, had visited D. Antonio and D. Christine and they showed enormous strenght given by their faith.
I talked also to Princess Maria Isabella di Savoia-Genova twice during the day, first to tell her the tragic news, and second to ask how she was. In the second phone call she told me she telephoned D. Isabel de Herédia (the Duchess of Braganza) and the Duke of Braganza but they knew already about the tragic event and they told her they had met the young prince recently in Portugal with Princess Michael of Kent (I think it was mentionned here in another thread) and there will be a mass tomorrow in Lisbon.
In Brazil people celebrate mass for the deceased only 6 or 7 days after the death

This is so sad, my condolences to the family :(

Is Pedro Luis the only remaining heir to this branch of the Brazilian Imperial family? His two uncles don't have sons and I don't think girls are allowed to inherit anymore, or am I mistaken? Either way, the loss of a child is far more devastating than the loss of an heir to an extinct claim. My thoughts are with the families of everyone on the plane :(

girls are allowed to inherit but D. Pedro Luiz had a brother, D. Rafael, born in 1986

This is such terrible news for all those concerned. I do hope it is not as bad as it looks but in any event all of my condolences and prayers go out to the Brazilian Imperial Family and the families of all the rest of the people on the plane. Despite how far we've come humanity is still at the mercy of the elements as we are reminded all too often.

:brazilflag: :cry:

I am so sorry for his family and loved ones. I pray that they will be able to find answers and peace.

here is a video I found on youtube...It old and probably is already on this site somewhere... but It has a brief summary of the Imperial Family including a couple of pics of Pedro luiz, along with his father and Uncles. Has pics of his sisters. Also their are pics of the new Heir Rafael and an Video of him Speaking.

YouTube - Família Imperial do Brasil

It is just shocking. Pedro was so young. It is horrifying when someone so young dies so suddenly. I am so sorry for Brazilian Imperial Family. Condolences to them.

Back
Top Bottom